Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What do you want in the next =I= codex?
Closed Thread
Old 20 Mar 2008, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001
Default What do you want in the next =I= codex?

Alright. We've heard the rumors of all the Inquisition armies getting placed into one codex. I'm curious to find out what you guys want to happen in the next codex. Not what you think, but what you want.

I personally want:
- Access to Drop Pods for Grey Knights.
- Reduced points for Brother-Captians and Terminators. Not by alot, but like a point. 46 points for a Termie is a little weird and so is 61 for a Brother-Captain. It makes it hard to get an even point value for a list.
- Perhaps a mid-level Grey Knight Hero. Something with 2 wounds wouldn't be bad. For people who don't want to run a Grand Master but don't like Brother-Captains either.

I don't think these changes would be drastic on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I'd like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how'd we compete?
Old 20 Mar 2008, 04:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7
Default Re: What do you want in the next =I= codex?

1)Greyknights have no background about Droppods, The spearhead teleports into the field and then the rest of the company lands in Thunderhawks.

You don't want Drop pods, You want plastic Thunderhawks.

2)Brother Captain & Termies are ok with the points, remember that they get str6 attacks at normal initiative.

3)Malveaux, most pepole, and even me 've been crying for such a thing, I hope GW listen to us this time.

What I want?

Nothing really, SOB are quite the thang, and the =][= allready has acces to the Prometheus, wich is my favourite tank.

Other than that? Hm Armoury rebalanced, You pay the same price of a marine for an Acolyte with Carapace and Bolter.
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 05:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-7
1)Greyknights have no background about Droppods, The spearhead teleports into the field and then the rest of the company lands in Thunderhawks.

You don't want Drop pods, You want plastic Thunderhawks.
Actaully, not true. Grey Knights usually dropped into combat by either Drop Pod or Thunderhawk. I know it's not much for proof, but Grey Knights makes no mention of teleportation, but makes frequent mentions of Drop Pods being used.

As for the points of Termies and Brother-Captains, I just don't see the point of having them so weird. I thik 45 and 60 would be easier to work with.

Quote:
Old 20 Mar 2008, 05:29   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I a expecting the Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle having the same equipment as those found in the Newer Space Marine Codex and Chaos (Boltgun, bolt pistol, frag grenades, frag grenades,etc) along with their special weapons and rules. I do not want my Faith system to go down the drain for being overcomplicated.

I hope that they also do not kick out the retinue system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 05:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage
I know it's not much for proof, but Grey Knights makes no mention of teleportation, but makes frequent mentions of Drop Pods being used.
I haven't read the novel, but in page 7 of the DH codex there's a boxed description of the Grey Knights, They mention Teleport attack squads and Purgation squads, no Droppod squads.

In the book Imperial Armour vol. II: Forces of the Inquisition they mention the following:

They have acces to the arcane and scarce technology of teleporters, All Grey Knight Strike crusiers are equipped with them and they do not often need the Thunderhawks for Direct airborne assaults or planetfall missions, altough they train for them.

And once teleporting troops have attacked, They'll need the heavy support of Land Raiders, Purgation Squads and Venerable Dreadnoughts and there's where the Thunderhawks come in.

Furthermore, in the GK's Dreadnought description they do not list Droppod as an option for it.

But let's drop it there shall we?.

[hr]

Hey Vyper, I had totally forgotten about the rule's streamlining!

OMIGOSH! Faith is gonna be so dwarfed :sadnshocked:.
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 06:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Agreed, as I haven't read IA:II.

And I certainly hope they keep faith the same. It was creative and didn't overpower SOB armies in any way IMO.

Quote:
Old 20 Mar 2008, 06:24   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage
Agreed, as I haven't read IA:II.

And I certainly hope they keep faith the same. It was creative and didn't overpower SOB armies in any way IMO.
Unless some noob decided to say that Divine Guidance is as chesy as Eldar Holoalcons and Monoliths. :

I really hope that they do the Faith thing right (not killing it), and I hoped the Exorcist will also still stay in the army with its D6 missile fire. I do not want it to have a fixed number of shots, but being GW I think they will piss us Inquisition Players somehow. :

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 20 Mar 2008, 07:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Plastic Models!

PLASTIC SISTERS OF BATTLE!

That's what I wants. GW's female sculpts are few and far between. I mean, for heaven's sake, there's aren't even any female Imperial Guard, and the IG can take doctrines where you round up whoever is around and arm them. Even the Forge World rebel and Chaos Guard don't have females!

It's mind-boggling, it truly is. So let's at least have some plastic SoB!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 07:17   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behdini
PLASTIC SISTERS OF BATTLE!

That's what I wants. GW's female sculpts are few and far between. I mean, for heaven's sake, there's aren't even any female Imperial Guard, and the IG can take doctrines where you round up whoever is around and arm them. Even the Forge World rebel and Chaos Guard don't have females!

It's mind-boggling, it truly is. So let's at least have some plastic SoB!
Oooo....that would be good. I woult take those Plastics as my Celestians.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 20 Mar 2008, 07:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey all,

As awesome as all of this is, this thread belongs in the Rumors board.

Off it goes!
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
Closed Thread