Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New deamons codex rumours
Old 11 Dec 2007, 18:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New deamons codex rumours

As we all should know our new army codex is being released next april, so dicuss any rumours relating to it!

I can say i've heard the following:

All the deamons we lost from last chaod codex will be in it.
Cultists rumoured to part of the codex
Plastic greater and/or lesser deamon kit!

That is all I can gather thus far, enjoy-Brassdeamon14

Quote from Bubgum: ... BrassDaemon isn't that stupid
Oh I assure you Bubgum I am

My instinct of selr-preservastion say: RUN! RUN AWAY!.... But I think my curiosity will win... AGAIn- quote Cmdrbonesaw
Brassdeamon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 19:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to shaso kunas
Default Re: New deamons codex rumours

yeah i heard that daemons have been simplified in the chaos codex to make it better for codex daemons from a staff member
shaso kunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 02:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

What I really want to know is whether or not you'll be able to take allied daemons the same way that SM can take allied GK.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 04:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

i believe that was the intention all along, that the two codecies can work together as one.
also, i think we can expect to see some new types of demons. I mean, they're getting a full book, they best have more units to fill it up, right?

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Daemon book will be a stand alone book and from what I've heard will not be compatible with Codex: CSM. It will be it's own force.

All Daemons from the past will return. Fiends of Slaneesh, Beasts of Nurgle etc.

Daemonic Heralds will be featured. In what has been described as somewhere between a Greater and Lesser Daemon. HQ option but you can take 2 for one slot. They will have God specific variants.

Daemonic Engines will be in it and models are being made for them. I forget the GW guy who said it but in his words they are "the coolest models GW has ever made."

There will be plastics for all the lesser daemons, GDs I have heard no.

LaTD will not be in the codex in any way, shape or form.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 07:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver
The Daemon book will be a stand alone book and from what I've heard will not be compatible with Codex: CSM. It will be it's own force.
That would be crazy. What's the point of putting out what is essentially a new army for 40k when there are existing armies in need of updating? I just find it really hard to believe that GW would be THAT irrational. It must surely be coming on the heels of the Chaos codex for the reason that it is compatible with it and therefore to placate the many Chaos players are miffed about the whole generic daemon thing.

And isn't the 40k fluff for CSMs and Daemons so intertwined that it would just seem really awkward to not have them fight together? Wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the situation where even though my daemons look like the daemonettes/bloodletters/flamers/furies etc., they are really just "generic", while the guy I'm playing against is using the exact same models but with radically different stats?
Chimerical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 08:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

It would be irrational if GW wasn't releasing a Daemon book for Fantasy at the same time. So really the models were being produced anyway so throwing out a codex for 40k with Daemon Engines being the only uniques unit isn't too big of an expense for them.

Then there is Apocalypse where the two armies can be combined, and the new plastics themselves being available for CSM armies.

Anyway, I'm only relaying what I hear, not what I prefer, so take it with a grain of salt if you wish. I want Plaguebearers instead of lesser daemons for my Death Guard but I don't expect to get them. If what I've heard is wrong I'll be thrilled but I'll still be happy just to get some plastic plaguebearer models.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's all pretty confusing now. I thought 40k just goes the way of fantasy, where Hordes of Chaos and Beasts of Chaos are separate forces; now I hear there's a daemon codex for fantasy too. I' can't wait to hear what is going on.
And if the Daemon codex and CSM codex cannot be combined, I'll do it anyway. Somebody stop me. :P
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I imagine that GW will allow the Codexi to be combined as per the Fantasy Chaos armies- It'll depend on who/what is commanding your force. If it's a CSM Lord, then demons will be "allies" (And restricted) with CSMs as the bulk of your troops. If your force is led by a Demonic entity (Of whatever flavor), then CSMs will be restricted and Demons will be the bulk of your troops. But who knows what GW will do?

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver

All Daemons from the past will return. Fiends of Slaneesh, Beasts of Nurgle etc.

Daemonic Heralds will be featured. In what has been described as somewhere between a Greater and Lesser Daemon. HQ option but you can take 2 for one slot. They will have God specific variants.

Daemonic Engines will be in it and models are being made for them. I forget the GW guy who said it but in his words they are "the coolest models GW has ever made."

There will be plastics for all the lesser daemons, GDs I have heard no.

LaTD will not be in the codex in any way, shape or form.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Of course this is all rumor and speculation and not proven fact. Unless you have the book in hand I'm taking more than just a grain...

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote