Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Buy Ork Codex with Spearhead
Old 07 Dec 2007, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Buy Ork Codex with Spearhead

My shop sent out the flyer for the Ork Spearhead, which states:

Orks sez GET YER RULZ!
(picture of Codex) Rulz for da modelz <- Those who purchase or preorder the Ork Spearhead now have the opportunity to buy the Ork Codex!
Of course, you could wait until January 12th to get the Codex, but no respectable green-skin would do that.

So while the Codex still isn't included in the Spearhead, it looks like you can at least buy it early IF you buy the Spearhead.
Old 08 Dec 2007, 01:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: Buy Ork Codex with Spearhead

But I didn't think the codex came out until the 12th, how do you get one exactly? Or does the shop get them a month in advance and is taking advantage?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2007, 04:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
But I didn't think the codex came out until the 12th, how do you get one exactly? Or does the shop get them a month in advance and is taking advantage?
This was on a PDF flyer sent out from GW to stores to display. My guess is that stores can order a number of Codexes (Codices?) equal to the number of Spearheads they order.

Suddenly I am very tempted to get the Spearhead, if it wasn't for the 4 armies I'm already working on painting.
Old 08 Dec 2007, 04:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Komrad

Spearhead is a good choice for someone that already has an existing Ork force and wants to just get the new goodies. But the lack of codex is saddening, nevertheless I'm getting that spearhead.

Click my daemons and help it grow stronger to defeat mankind!

Komrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2007, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komrad
Spearhead is a good choice for someone that already has an existing Ork force and wants to just get the new goodies. But the lack of codex is saddening, nevertheless I'm getting that spearhead.
Well, now you can ask your shop to order the Codex with it, and not wait an extra month for it.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 05:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

gw gave us 1 codex for ever spearhead we got.

it went like this, we ordered 29 spearheads.

we then were informed that "due to a logistical error" the spearhead will be without codex and priced less.

so we were told we would get 29 seperate codi (is that right? codexes? wouldnt codi be multiple veriosn, like orks, then tau, then eldar... and codexes is more then one physical representation?)

and we shoudl offer them to the peopl who got the spearheadz first.

now for teh real question. why the heck would anybody not want the codex.

also why is the spearhead released first> to drive sales of high dollar sets? ones with lower margins?

we wish we could just get a pile of codexes and maybe a couple cool new releses, and have the spearhead seperate. Maybe get 1 or 2 blisters of new sculpts too.

like that direct only nob thats coming out in january. if it was out now, and stocked in stores, and also made limited editon, people would be running to buy that and the codex together right away! And why not get your head all orkdified.. then buy the $200 box set?....... or wait and buy a ton of stuff that is more to your liking later? Why should people who can afford a $200 purchase get stuff 20 days earlier then the rest of the world?

All this discussion came up here when sidstyler wrote that you were suddenly eager to buy the spearhead.... just for the codex.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 10:27   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I can't see the point behind the spearhead - you cannot call that an army no matter how you word your sentence.

Compare it to the Tau mega force at the same price: 35 infantry models and 2 tanks. With a bit of conversion tom foolery you have yourself an army!!

Now with the orks you have 25. Not even enough to start an army with the minimum models and that trukk is barely on teh same level as getting a devil wish and a hammerhead. Yes, you get models early. But come on - is it really worth the 100? The only thing in that box that I really want is the trukk. And I think I can wait a month for that to be released.

Or failing that - wait for the battleforce, similar to the old one, and since the prices for the bikes and the trukk is increased your saving more money - 12. Same price as teh codex if I remember correctly.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTactics
All this discussion came up here when sidstyler wrote that you were suddenly eager to buy the spearhead.... just for the codex.
I wasn't looking at getting it just for the codex. It was sweetening the deal, and a big announcement since everyone thought the Codex would be unavailable until January and that there was little point to assembling Orks without a Codex to tell you the options.

In the end, I passed on the Spearhead. Got way too much to work on already. Had my Tau Megaforce + extras for 5 months and still haven't started clipping/gluing them.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 01:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by S I L K
I can't see the point behind the spearhead - you cannot call that an army no matter how you word your sentence.

Compare it to the Tau mega force at the same price: 35 infantry models and 2 tanks. With a bit of conversion tom foolery you have yourself an army!!

Now with the orks you have 25. Not even enough to start an army with the minimum models and that trukk is barely on teh same level as getting a devil wish and a hammerhead. Yes, you get models early. But come on - is it really worth the 100? The only thing in that box that I really want is the trukk. And I think I can wait a month for that to be released.

Or failing that - wait for the battleforce, similar to the old one, and since the prices for the bikes and the trukk is increased your saving more money - 12. Same price as teh codex if I remember correctly.

S I L K,

we agree completly. and i think that GW agrees as well. that is why it is NOT called an army anymore. it is named the spearhead because like the tip of a spear it is the first releases.

this box is ALL of the produced plastic kits, and the currently new metals. So you are not supposed to put that onto the table and play. just like you said. you cant even legally field an army in most scenarios!

The new spearhead format is for people to buy all the new stuff up front. its supposed to appeal to non-ork players and the ork veterans because they dont own any of it yet (cause its all new!)

we were saying that wede like teh codex seperate and maybe instead of direct services hoarding the new blisters like the january released nob with banner. let people just buy 1 or 2 cool models to start if they want taht with the codex... not a giant box of stuff that does not fit any one tactic (we agree with you again)

but in no means should this ever be called army, and if nybody hears a local store employee call it "the new ork army" then feel free to corect them!
Old 23 Dec 2007, 02:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

...I'm sorry, but I have to...

WE ARE VENOM! WE HATE SPIDER-MAN!

;D

But I agree though, especially if it's a GW employee...they should really know better.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote