Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vampire Count Rumours:
Old 22 Nov 2007, 16:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Vampire Count Rumours:

I've picked up a few rumours from various forums, here are some things that seem pretty reliable -

- No Bloodlines. You create your own from a huge list of powers, you will get an allowance for these powers AND another for Magic Items.

- Only Vampire Counts as Lords.

- Original Bloodlines will remain in the fluff.

- Necromancers will be better at raising but not very good at any offensive magic.

- May only be able to raise Zombies.

- Zombies S2. ALWAYS strike last. Can not run down the enemy. Can not be joined by characters.

- Wraiths as a skirmishing unit, led by Banshees.

- Black coach can be upgraded with power dice.

- Knights of Blood Keep; WS6, S4, T4, A2. Frenzy, Lances. Mounts have S4. Rare choice.

- Black Knights have Ethereal movement.

- Grave Guard can get Great Weapons.

- Varghulf. Some kind of medium sized monster.

- Zombie Cart. May give bonuses to nearby Zombie units.

- Von carstien special characters [Vlad, Manfred, Konrad, Isabella].

- Ghouls are rank and file now and undead.

- No Hellish Vigour.

- DeathWind. Some kind of spell that hits all units to make a new Spirit Host.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 21:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: Vampire Count Rumours:

I like the sound of all of this except for the loss of hellish vigour. I think I'll be able to live without though.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 07:59   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

Personally, I'm not much digging this whole update, but I guess at some point or another I'll have to accept it :P

So far the only thing benefiting my play style is Knights with Ethereal movement, and even then it's a very small bonus :P
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Whats not to like, you get all you have now but with far more units and options. The Knights of Blood Keep are apparently amazing models.

What style do you use?

Loads of Zombies?, apparently Nercromancers will be way better at summoning than they are now.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 03:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yea, really. The only thing that appears to be weakened is zombies and offensive magic.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 03:39   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

Loads of Skellies :P

Admittedly, there are a few things that would seem to benefit us, such as the better at summoning part, but I think that lowering the Zombie's strength is kind of annoying, and meaning I may not take them :P

The bloodlines just seem like a joke now, only remaining in fluff but otherwise you have no restrictions from the sound of it (very magical Blood Dragon anyone?)

I'm curious about the Wraiths though, seeing as they're Heroes right now, and the Banshee is a rare choice, I'd like to see how that all works out.

Although on the Grave Guard with Great Weapons, and the Knights of the Blood Keep, so far I likey, along with the Varghulf, and the Von Carstein characters, but the Rank and File ghouls, and the loss of Hellish Vigour I don't much like. The rest of them I find myself indifferent to.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 12:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Apparently, if you run from Zombies you take wounds as they drag some of you down as they escape.

The justification for the Ghouls actually counting as undead, is that if they are losing a fight some will start to slink off and leave the battlefield. Whichi think is a fair justification.

I really like the new way of making your Vamp. Think about it, there have been plenty of characters in the fluff that just didnt match the restrictive Bloodlines. Konrad Von Carstien was an amazing warrior that was bad at magic but still a Von Carstein, yet you couldnt represent that with the old Bloodlines. Plus now you can represent the other two Bloodlines [The Locust type rotting bug Vampires that live in the deserts of Araby and the Jade Blooded toxic drugies that live in Cathay - See Black Industries for info, theres loads on them in the roleplay books]. You can have your Blooddragon that has found a great magical tomb that has greatly increased his magical ability etc.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 18:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They'll probably have restrictions on what powers you can combine anyways. I'm really happy to see wraiths going back to a unit selection rather than a character. I love the idea of the wraith, but it just wasn't a practical choice for a hero slot.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 11:38   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yeah hi all whilst recently in a games workshop i overheard the staff saying that now the vampires can transform into bat form and move anouther 20 inc across the board also now its said there supposed to be earthreal

tattslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

God tauonline, get with the times!

vlad

skele standard

skele regiment

muso

mario kart

shemale vamp