Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long time.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long time.

Okay so remember when they added Tau and Kroot as the new 40k armies then decided to combine them as one? Well, I have a theory that, by doing so, they left a slot open for a new army at some point to fill. What do you think it will be and how close do you think we are to seeing a new 40k army? Please don't flame, I own a gamestore and the guys there has been a lot of talk there as of late wondering when/if this will happen. Thanks.

(yes I did use the search function and skimmed but found nothing like this, so if there is I apologize)

CK
linglingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:01   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long time.

GW made it clear that if any new races come, they will be getting full support.

However, it is unlikely to happen for a long, long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long time.

Interesting thought, I guess. What else could they possibly add?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:24   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

A couple of things have been discussed at my venue. Demiurgs, Tallerians, a space skaven kinda thing, an actual adeptus mechanicus army, in fact, why don't we use this thread to see what YOU think would be the next army.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:33   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingo
A couple of things have been discussed at my venue. Demiurgs, Tallerians, a space skaven kinda thing, an actual adeptus mechanicus army, in fact, why don't we use this thread to see what YOU think would be the next army.
The next "army" is confirmed as Codex: Daemons. The exact nature of this is unknown, so it might just turn out to be a LaTD remake.

Demiurg already exist in Gothic, but no plans have been made to bring them to Epic or 40K. Nicassar likewise.

The "Space Skaven" you refer to are the Hrud. These, however, are unlikely to see their own force, and the Tarellians are likewise. As of yet, there's virtually no information about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:37   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah everyone is really excited about the daemons codex....when will that be I forgot? As for them being a LoTD.....I hope its different I really do. It intrigues me to no end.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 15:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Daemons will be April 08. LaTD will be longer, if at all. They will be getting Apocalypse datasheets so it wouldn't be too hard to piece together a codex with the rules in the datasheets to use for friendly games.

As for a new army, as Wargamer said we probably won't see one for a long time, at least not from GW. FW will be maiking a Adeptus Mechanicus army for IA7. They may have some stuff in IA6 although I can't remember for sure.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 19:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long tim

Word was that the Demiurg were on the table as an option at the time the tau and kroot were being discussed - and that when the latter two were picked, the guys from FW got a look at the prototype Demiurg material and used it as the basis for the Stronghold (the Bastion came later, only after the Stronghold earned its popularity).

And it's a neat irony that the Demiurg end up being close allies of the tau in BFG anyway!

One thing about the Hrud - it seems that as of Xenology, they are no longer Skaven-ney...

...but then, there is no clarification on what it is they actually are.

I, for one, would love to see a Q'orl ruleset - so then I can re-pitch my BFG fleet to SG and have a chance of it getting published!

(SG couldn't use the Q'orl list at the time I sent it in, since no Studio work had been done for them, unlike with the Demiurg. Had there been no prototype Demiurg material to derive stuff from, they would never have made it as far as BFG...)

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers(edited on 06 April 2006)
v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2007, 22:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingo
The next "army" is confirmed as Codex: Daemons. The exact nature of this is unknown, so it might just turn out to be a LaTD remake.

Demiurg already exist in Gothic, but no plans have been made to bring them to Epic or 40K. Nicassar likewise.

The "Space Skaven" you refer to are the Hrud. These, however, are unlikely to see their own force, and the Tarellians are likewise. As of yet, there's virtually no information about them.
The fact that there's no information about them makes them the perfect idea for somehting new. Creates opportunites to just run with an idea without worrying about the pre-existing notions everyone has about something better known like Ad-Mech. Look at the Tau; when they were introduced, I'm pretty sure the only existing information on anything in that codex was the Kroot rifle in the Inquisitor rule book and maybe a crappy picture in the 3rd edition rulebook.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 22:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: I have a serious question that I haven't heard anyone speak of in a long tim

In the 3rd ed rulebook there was a thing called a Kroot which was NOTHING LIKE the current Kroot. The Tau were just completely sprung on us.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote