Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex: Orbital Assault
Old 14 Oct 2007, 04:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Codex: Orbital Assault

I'm not sure how this rumor managed to sneak under my radar for so long but I've started to see rumors of this codex building steam recently.

Basically it is rumored to be the next expansion, possibly out this summer. In involves, as you might, guess rules for troops assaulting from ships in orbit.

It is rumored that with this codex release that model releases for units like drop pods, thunderhawk, plastic stormtroopers, stormboyz, etc. The rules are apparently not race specific.

If these rumors are true I wouldn't expect to see a book or release the size of Apocalypse and may be more in line with CoD with a few new plastic releases.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 07:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus
Default Re: Codex: Orbital Assault

yay, another 300 page book with one page of rules :
Old 14 Oct 2007, 08:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Did you read the last line of my post? I assume you are referring to Apocalypse as the "300 page book with one page of rules." You are entitled to your opinion but I do not tolerate useless complaint posts. If you don't have anything of substance to contribute don't post.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 08:26   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I wonder will this be the impetus for the plastic release of the thunderhawk and the barracudas....I really would like to have those models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 08:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver
Did you read the last line of my post? I assume you are referring to Apocalypse as the "300 page book with one page of rules." You are entitled to your opinion but I do not tolerate useless complaint posts. If you don't have anything of substance to contribute don't post.
so, basically you are saying "i am entitled to my opinion but you will not tolerate it"?

seriously, COD was a little better than apoc, except it was 100 pages with 3 pages of rules.... and what you "expect" is far from a fact, it could quite possibly be another apoc sized tomb, now couldn't it?

and as for plastic thunderhawks and barracudas, i could imagine them making a thunderhawk for the emperors glory boys (lets face it, it makes more sense than them having a land raider with a ludicrous amount of las cannons or a line battletank) seeing as the thunderhawk is supposed to be a big part of space marines rapid insurgence tactics.

i doubt we will get a barracuda though, i am sure GW would show signs of making an imperial flyer first
Old 14 Oct 2007, 09:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Elysian?

Eh, more meat for the grinder as far as I'm concerned.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 09:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus
so, basically you are saying "i am entitled to my opinion but you will not tolerate it"?
I'm saying don't post spammy complaints that don't add to the discussion. This isn't warseer, if you feel the need to whine I suggest you post over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus
i doubt we will get a barracuda though, i am sure GW would show signs of making an imperial flyer first
Why would GW make a barracuda? It cost $130 from FW. That's not exactly on par with a $900 Thunderhawk. Remaking the barracuda in plastic would cost them far more than they would sell. It comes down to what will sell in mass quantities. Thunderhawk and drop pod plastics will sell, not all Xenos flyers would.

Regardless, I think flyers have their place in Apoc. Codex: Orbital Assault, if it is indeed a real expansion, won't focus so much on flyers as on troops and their high speed deployment from orbit.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 09:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't really see how much we're going to get out of it.

What I really want is a Codex: Misc. Lists for various Pirates, Rogue Traders, Arbites, LatD, various Aliens, and dangerous animals.

Old 14 Oct 2007, 11:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

why make a orbital assault expansion when apoc already allow flyers etc? pointless
Old 14 Oct 2007, 11:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Personally, and I don't really mean this as a whine, but......well more codex battlezone type things are pointless, with CoD and apoc why does 40K need anything else?

And this sort of thing has been rumoured since cityfight was first released, so I'm not surprised it's come up again, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen
adreal is offline   Reply With Quote