Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2008 Codexes Rumor
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default 2008 Codexes Rumor

I was skimming through the net and fell on this French site dedicated to Warhammer
http://forum.warhammer-forum.com/ind...howtopic=43432

The fun bit being this here:
Quote:
*Sorties et événements prévues:

Pour les codex, l'ordre officieux des sorties serait le suivant: Codex Apocalypse*** (octobre 2007), Codex Orks ( 1er trimestre 2008, à partir de janvier), Eldars Noirs** (mi 2008), Nécrons (3è trimestre 2008), Blood Angels**** (courant 2008), Space Wolfs (début 2009).
Les trois prochains chapitre SM qui seront refait, seront effectivement les Dark Angels, puis Blood Angels et Space Wolf.
Roughly it translate as:
Forcasted Release and Events:

For the Codexes, the officious releases order would be: Apocalypse (October 2007), Codex: ork (1st quarter of 2008, starting on January), Dark Eldar (mid-2008), Necron (3rd quarter of 2008), Blood Angels (during 2008), Space Wolf (Early 2009).
The next three SM chapter that will be redone will indeed be the Dark Angels, then Blood Angels and Space Wolf

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 2008 Codexes Rumor

Um, didn't DA and BA just get an update. I highly doubt they will redo the DA so quickly, and I can see the Blood Angels maybe getting an official printing, but It'd really be a waste of money...especially if it's a carbon copy of the White Dwarf article.

I suppose I can see Necrons redone, and the poor Dark Eldar have definitely waited long enough. There are holes in the source though. Other sources have asserted that 'Forces of Chaos' will be released mid 2008, as well as a 'Mystery printing'. Some rumors point to 40k 5th edition, but I highly disbelieve that...

Anyways, at this point 2008 is so jumbled and mixed up I wouldn't hold my breath for any of these releases (besides the official Apoc & Orks)...
Old 01 Oct 2007, 04:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Yeah, they wouldn't update DA twice in the same edition. BA is understandable - that they give us something quick to work with for the current edition, whilst they spend more time on the full codex. But what about the daemons codex for chaos? I'd expect that to be in there somewhere.

And one can always keep hoping for Alienhunters...
Old 01 Oct 2007, 12:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Maybe he forgot to remove DA from his list after it got updated, since I agree with you they would, more then likely, not re-print it in the same edition, but doesn't necessarely means that the rest is off the mark.

I'm just sad a bit that IG isn't coming out soon...on the other hand it gives me time to finish my Tau army before starting my Gue'la.

I guess we'll see.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

i don't want to see IG updated

i really hope demons are out in 2008 because i can't use my tzeentch army fully until then. i need to use my lord of change as a standard greater demon.....

dark eldar and necrons might be true. not DA
Old 01 Oct 2007, 18:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

i dont think GW think that far ahead to be honest, and theirs no way DA or BA are getting an update, and as for 5th edition.... Dream on, they will keep the rule book as it is as long as they see the rulebook is okay and rules are still keeping the codexes balanced.

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 19:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle
i dont think GW think that far ahead to be honest, and theirs no way DA or BA are getting an update, and as for 5th edition.... Dream on, they will keep the rule book as it is as long as they see the rulebook is okay and rules are still keeping the codexes balanced.
yeh, damn right!
Old 01 Oct 2007, 20:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Orks, Dark Eldar, Necrons and Space Wolves sound likely.
The Blood Angels might get a full-size one, but apparently in WD it says the Demons get their Codex early 2008.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 20:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle
Well that's the issue. There's been talk of updating the core rules before they redo too many codex. GW updates their ruleset every five years, and the rumours asserted that the date would be pushed forward a year to address certain issues with 4th edition. Look at it as Warhammer 40k 4.5...

Still I'm skeptical.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 21:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dark Eldar will be late 2008 early 2009