Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Where are the Dark Eldar?
Old 12 Sep 2007, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to whitestar333
Default Where are the Dark Eldar?

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Dark Eldar? I know there's a lot going on with Apocalypse and the upcoming Ork codex, but I heard that Dark Eldar were supposed to be next! Did they bump them back again? I see rumors for Necrons, so does this mean the necrons are after orks instead of DE?
whitestar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 21:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Where are the Dark Eldar?

Well I have heard many of thing but one comes to mind, right now I am digging around (trying to get my GW freinds to slip something) but I can say that the 3 local GWs around me are saying it will be next year after codex daemonica before codex space wolves so it should be avalible about November/January time frame. More to come.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 21:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar333
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Dark Eldar?
Im not exactly sure what your talking about? Dark eldar where all eaten by hive fleet behemoth. Just like all of GW's other forgotten children.

Though since the necrons have had a new model (like the orks who are next) the 'crons are probably going to be next, and then another space marine chapter, then the daemonhunters, imperial guard, eldar (again), space marine second edition codex, fifth edition....seventeenth edition, then dark eldar might get a third edition codex done, maybe.

But we can always have hope.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 22:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Necron rumors are largely unsubstantiated. Dark Eldar are getting redone late next year. The are redoing nearly the entire model range and that takes time. I've heard a few very early rumors, such as the loss of grotesques but it's so far off nothing is concrete yet. They will come but with such a massive update it will take time.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 23:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruk
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar333
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Dark Eldar?
Im not exactly sure what your talking about? Dark eldar where all eaten by hive fleet behemoth. Just like all of GW's other forgotten children.

Though since the necrons have had a new model (like the orks who are next) the 'crons are probably going to be next, and then another space marine chapter, then the daemonhunters, imperial guard, eldar (again), space marine second edition codex, fifth edition....seventeenth edition, then dark eldar might get a third edition codex done, maybe.

But we can always have hope.
Yes Jervice said 2 years but from what I under stand they started when Dark Angles came out (thank you Gav Thrope)
It is more Orks, Daemonica, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, then these 4 in no order: 5th edition, Necrons, Witch Hunter/ Daemon Hunter, Imperial Guard), Space Marines/Codex Ultra Marines, then most likley Nids (last 7 are up in the air toss up=educated guess)
Old 15 Sep 2007, 18:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

i can't see eldar already being in line again. and nids, i fear that moment....they will get a bad codex set up just like the eldar had. all wargear and upgrades confusely sphread through the units and a detailed section aswell as a points and upgrade section. i prefer the old way with all unit info AND points costs in same sections. like the current codex has
Old 17 Sep 2007, 04:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Like I said the last 7 are iffy in time line but will come out, but yea D. Eldar next fall/winter ;D
Old 17 Sep 2007, 04:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
Like I said the last 7 are iffy in time line but will come out, but yea D. Eldar next fall/winter ;D
Or spring/summer for the other Hemesphere. :P
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yep sadly enough (but you did get tau before us)
Old 18 Sep 2007, 15:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
Yep sadly enough (but you did get tau before us)
Wait, what? When it's summer in the northern hemesphere it's winter in the south, so it's at the same time. :huh:
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote