Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necrons rumours - from warseer/dakka
Old 06 Sep 2007, 21:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Necrons rumours - from warseer/dakka

Has anyone goto GamesDay and hear additional rumors besides those below for the upcoming Necron release in 2008? They say its going to be a release similar to Tau Empires - fewer new model and streamlining rules. I have heard:

* WBB replaced with FNP.
* Necron Warriors and Immortals get SAP (slow and purposeful), T increase by 1, and point increase.
* Phase Out gone! (or apparently, reduced to 10%)
* Three different options of Necron Lords.
* Veil is nerfed (sends unit to reserve, but can deep-strike next turn).
* One new HS unit choice.

However, the posters on warseer have discredited these rumours, so take with a shipful of salt. there are some interesting possibilities though.

streamlining rules. necrons are no longer just another marine-clone army. now they're a plague marine clone army. ;D I like the SAP piece though. fits their character nicely, but i'm not too happy about a whole bloody army with FNP, and t6 immortals. I have enough problems downing necrons as is. well, if warriors become, like 30points, then its OK. ;D

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 23:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Necrons rumours - from warseer/dakka

Actually, I'm pretty happy with these rules, if any of them are true.

Changing WBB to FNP seems natural - no more confusing rules about when and where a Necron can get back up, but now you just roll for it right after the failed saves. It's almost exactly the same, just now at a more convenient time.

Slow and Purposeful matches Necrons well. It'll make them a slower army, which is good, and the ability to fire as if you hadn't moved, allowing Warriors to single shot after moving, makes sense given their steady aim.

I'd prefer Phase Out be reduced rather than removed entirely, but that's just me.

Multiple Necron Lords? I'm not sure what this means. 3 different HQ choices or, instead of picking wargear, you just have 3 Lords with different , pre-chosen, configurations?

Veil? Nerfed? I hope so. Instant teleportation was a little over-powered in my opinion.

New Heavy Supprt choice? Hmm... What could it be...?
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 00:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

FNP? Wuzzat?
Having Veil nerfed will make me happy.
Anyways, I do hope that it will make things easier on us having to kill the damn things.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 00:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, as strange as it may seem, I would actually use a Necron army with the above changes. That could be pretty cool. My complaint is that Necrons are just super hard to kill Space Marines right now. If you change the rules like has been rumored, they would take on an entirely different metagame.

Feel No Pain would be awesome with a Necron Phalanx. Slow and Purposeful could be evil with Rapid Fire Gauss weaponry. Combining Slow & Purposeful, Feel No Pain, T5, 3+ infantry with the jetbike Destroyers is just amazing.

I truly hope that these rumors are true.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 00:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You're kidding, right? These guys are hard enough to kill already, there's no reason for them to be harder to kill!
Old 07 Sep 2007, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
You're kidding, right? These guys are hard enough to kill already, there's no reason for them to be harder to kill!
Understood. But a points cost and Slow & Purposeful will make the Immortals / Warriors terribly vulnerable to fast, shooty armies like Tau & Eldar. The T5 infantry will be hard to kill, but not impossible. The trick will be to either assault them with strong units or shoot them to pieces at range. Powerfists and Star Cannons are still going to eat them for lunch. But I imagine you'll stop seeing the phalanx of 60 Necron Warriors.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 01:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

The problem with assaulting them is that they'll be shot to pieces by the time they get that close.
Old 07 Sep 2007, 01:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I read these rumors awhile back and I think they would make Necrons a better army. The only thing I think may be over the top is the toughness 5. If it was 4(5) that would be ok but having lascannons not instakill a Necron warrior seems a bit ridiculous.

I found it quite hilarious and sad at the same time how many people on warseer were raising hell and threatening to quit, saying GW will ruin Necrons if they remove WBB for FNP. Same rule, simply applies at a different point in the turn. Some people will complain about anything. : I'm glad we don't have any drama queens on these boards.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 06:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

If WBB is reduced I will kill myself. If anything it should be increased! Everything in the Codex should get a massive price bump and Monoliths should be slightly nerfed. If these standards are not met I will never play against another Necron army :P
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2007, 13:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Looks like there are drama llamas about, Cadaever. ;D

I hope that they get slightly nerfed. Everytime I've fought the Necrons I've barely had 2 troops(Read: 2 Models) left on the board by the time they finally phased out. Otherwise they wouldn't move from cover, and I'd just ended up getting shot to tiny little bits of ceramite.

I see no real difference if WBB is replaced with FNP. Kinda the same thing they did with Blood Angels Death Comapny.

As for new options, I can see it happening. Necrons do need some sort of new units. Taking Phalanx after Phalanx of Necron Warriors kinda gets boring after a While I'm sure. Maybe introduce some other Troop Option. Some sort of Cult, Perhaps?

Anywho, I'm sure that after the Next Few Codex Upgrades, we'll be seeing some relatively nice things from GW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I want someone to make a plushie out of that... for no particular reason whatsoever. :shifty:
AngelofReason777 is offline   Reply With Quote