Warhammer 40K Forum

IG update???
Old 28 Aug 2007, 20:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default IG update???

could it be true are the Imperial Guard receiving an update

heres why i think so...

My parents decided to go to nottingham for the weekend (Yes i live in England, and yes I'm English)
anyway i thought i would take this advantage and go to the GW there.
so i did. When i got there i decided to have a battle with my Tau and while i was battling i overheard 2 GW guys talking, i didn't really here what they were talking about until one of them (who was flicking through an old white dwarf) said "I shan't be getting the current rough riders any time soon" and his friend said!!! "You won't have to this time next year, and we won't have to put up with the dumb catachans we have as well"

does this hint at a whole new codex or just some models being redesigned???

Has anyone heard anything about this, i hope its true though!!!!
Thanks,

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: IG update???

this should probably be in the "games workshop news and rumours" board.

anyhow. I don't know but it is possible. Interesting...

Moved the thread. - mace

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 07:41   #3 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Although I can't vouch for the nottingham staff (being in the same town as the head office), when I worked there it was rare for the staff to get confirmed updates about what was changing with the game any more than four months in advance (to stop the scenario you've just described from happening).
Thats not to say they won't get some models updated though, especially given the age of the rough riders and the (comparative) age of the Catachan models (Which to me are still 'new', but I appreciate I seem to have inadvertantly become one of the old guard).
What I will say is I doubt they'll get a complete overhaul, IG work just fine right now and GW has far more pressing things to update.
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I wouldn;t be surprised, after chaos and Orks are done over half of the armies in 40k will have been updated to 4th Ed. All we'll have left are Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Space Wolves, and the two Inquisition armies. Personally, I'm excited to see what they do with the Daemonhunters and Necrons... Oh, if they released plastic Grey Knights... :
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 14:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Remember also that Jervis Johnson said model releases for armies wouldn't be contained to a splash release for a new codex. New models for all armies would be released to keep the line fresh and not have huge gaps no models in between codex updates. I could easily see them putting out new roughriders and possibly catachans. Although, I would rather see a new plastic regiment instead of redoing one that already has decent plastic models. That said, it wouldn't have to be a big release for a new IG codex. With the new models for Apocalypse there isn't alot in the line that will need updating and the codex basically would just need a few tweaks to bring it in line with the recently updated codices.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 14:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
I wouldn;t be surprised, after chaos and Orks are done over half of the armies in 40k will have been updated to 4th Ed. All we'll have left are Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Space Wolves, and the two Inquisition armies. Personally, I'm excited to see what they do with the Daemonhunters and Necrons... Oh, if they released plastic Grey Knights... :
A little off topic, but I really don't think they'll release the Inquisition books seperately anymore, there's too many nifty little loop-holes to abuse with the allies syste, when they have multiple books out. My money is on a blanket "Inquisition" book that'll be the lump sum of the Ordo Malleus, Hereticus and Xenos, leavig us with even fewer codices until theres a full 4th ed line of 'dexes.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 14:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver
Remember also that Jervis Johnson said model releases for armies wouldn't be contained to a splash release for a new codex. New models for all armies would be released to keep the line fresh and not have huge gaps no models in between codex updates. I could easily see them putting out new roughriders and possibly catachans. Although, I would rather see a new plastic regiment instead of redoing one that already has decent plastic models. That said, it wouldn't have to be a big release for a new IG codex. With the new models for Apocalypse there isn't alot in the line that will need updating and the codex basically would just need a few tweaks to bring it in line with the recently updated codices.
Unfortunately, we're dealing with Gamesworkshop here. (They don't think logically like that.) Expect unnecessary units like Rapier Laser Destroyers, Exterminators, and a complete overhall of the somewhat complicated platoon system. (...the better to suck in some n00bs, my dear...)

If we get this update, I'd feel bad for the Dark Eldar and the Orks. They deserve it more than we do!
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 15:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
If we get this update, I'd feel bad for the Dark Eldar and the Orks. They deserve it more than we do!
Well Orks are already getting updated this Winter, and GW, as they update more races, isn't going to have any choice but update Dark Eldar in the coming years. :
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 15:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver
Yeah, and getting rid of the horrific rough rider models would definately help. I'm glad to see an ogryn overhaul and that really leaves ratlings and rough riders as the outdated models.

Apocalypse would be a good time, especially since rough riders have been mentioned multiple times in white dwarf recently...
Bird III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

To be honest i think they should drop dark eldar all together, ;D

They suck and so you actualy know anyone who collects them? ^-^

This was a joke guys sorry if i offended anyone :-X

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote