Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Werewolfs rumor
Old 19 Aug 2007, 20:40   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Werewolfs rumor

I have over heard the manager at my GW store in Nova Scotia Halifax tell to a kid wanting to start Vampire counts "not to buy too much now because the army is getting redone early next year". He also said, "there getting a lot of cool new stuff like werewolfs". I know from my experience with him over the last two and a half years he doesn't lie....ever.

Seeing as he was right about the rumors of Vostroyan design and upcoming Apocalypse releases I hold this to be true.

So yes we are getting werewolfs in the vampire counts army.

Sorry if someone already posted this.

I cleaned up your spelling. Try to work on that in future posts. There is a spell check available. - Cadaver

Treben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: Werewolfs rumor

Not to mention new skellie models, that actually look like real skeletons and dont have fists the size of a head!!!! ;D
Old 19 Aug 2007, 23:30   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarday
Not to mention new Skelly models, that actually look like real skeletons and don't have fists the size of a head!!!! ;D
Son of a butcher! I made about 60 skeletons so far. On the plus side I converted everyone with chaos marauders, new empire and Britannia bits along with my own green stuff for broken light armor. I also made Grave Guard using men at arms and I'm making black knights with Britannia knights using bits left over to carry the bells from the zombie sprue and other bits like heads and bodyparts to make it look sinister.

So did I just wasted the last few months? Or would they make some good looking summoned minions? ???

O and I made Skeletor with the marauders and a skull. ;D
Old 20 Aug 2007, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

New skeletons? Awesome. I forsee many Tomb Kings using the new skeletons as well - the ones right now are so comical compared to the ancient Tomb Kings themselves.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 02:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yep, something I forgot about the new VCs (thanks jervise), Werewolfs, new models down the whole line
Old 20 Aug 2007, 03:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Those skeletons will probably look good as a cursed company

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 15:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yea, I was a bit split between joy and sorrow, seeing as I already have like 100 skeletons, most of my graveguard unit and pretty much my whole unit of black knights. According to the redshirt I was talking to, the new skeleton set comes with parts to make skeletons, armoured skeletons or graveguard. Apparently were-wolves aren't the only new stuff we're getting either. He didn't give any specifics, but apparently we're taking a bit of a step back to 5th edition and turning more into an army of Nagash intstead of just the Vampire Counts.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 00:43   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah I could have use that info about the new skeletons from the manager at my store but o well. They can't tell or now everything. Besides it wasn't like I wasn't going to make a VC army like come on I love thee undead everyone fears you and you can make more guys how cool is that! ;D At least I have more then enough skeletons for raising. I bet the regiment box will have around 40 of the guys and having 60 done makes casting in 2000+ games easier.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Hmm, I wouldnt count on it to be honest. Im sure GW has said in the past that there are some things we will never see in their games and Im fairly certain Werewolves were one of them. Besides, they aren't actually evil aligned according to most of the BL novels.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 05:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There was a were-bear though (Beorg Bearstruck). Seems a bit silly to me that they'd have one kind of lycanthrope but not another. I dunno if I'd use it in either case. It strikes me as the kind of thing you'd have to have as a hero, and I've already got Thralls, Wightlords, Necromancers and Wraiths fighting over the 3 slots I've got in a 2k army (On top of the obligatory vampire count). Maybe they'll bring units of wraiths back though. I would crap my pants over that.