Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My creation
Closed Thread
Old 05 Sep 2005, 11:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default My creation

This is a lost & dammed army that has been floting around for the passed year or so. It is suppose to be a blood spilling tech heavy army with a might (forge world blood Thirster) its far from finished and if you’ve read my post on the space marines link you’ll may take this force into your own hands.

The Wrath of the Iron Wolfs

HQ

Blood Thirster 205pts

3 Aspiring champions –see below-

Elites
5 Blood letters 130pts
5 Blood letters 130pts

Troops

15 traitors 145pts
heavy stubber & missile launcher
infiltrate

15 traitors 145pts
heavy stubber & missile launcher
infiltrate

Fast attack

10 chaos hounds 100pts

9 traitors cc weapons (E) 200pts
icon bearer
Aspiring champion
Mok
Power fist
D. mutation
Spiky bitz
mounted somehow

9 traitors cc weapons (E) 200pts
Aspiring champion
Mok
Khornate chain axe
D. strength
Banner of rage
again mounted somehow

Heavy support

5 chaos spawn 100pts

Leman Russ battle tank (E) 150pts

Best of chaos 120pts
(using carnersaur Rules from the chapter Approved)

It still needs work as for I’m not sure if the creature feature is legal I know there has been exceptions in the past & the third champion will the host for the Blood Thirster.

This army was inspired by the Forge world Blood Thrister & I was thinking of using the sister repenter as the close combat traitors the same with the Arco-flagellants.
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 19:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: My creation

I wouldn't bother with e 'thirster....those things seldom stick around long.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 08 Sep 2005, 00:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Aka:

A few problems I'm afraid. Overall, the army could be fine, but it's just not quite legal.

1 - HQ :: Thirster works fine. However, I would choose a host via a marine champion from an allied unit, or possessed, instead of from your other HQ champs. that's just buying extra HQ points for nothing.

2 - HQ :: 3 Champs, works fine; 1 of them is the Host. However, where is the 3rd Champ?

3 - Elite :: Minimal groups of Blood Letters. I would highly recommend taking a minimum of 6 in the unit. It is for the purpose of calculating half strength, which is quite important in terms of the leadership tests you will take and whether or not you're a scoring unit.

4 - Troops :: Max squad sizes, full weapon load, infiltration. One thing though, I'd highly recommend the sniper rifle over the stubber any day. You will hit more often and cause more damage and leadership tests with it and it's cheaper. It also has the small chance to glance vehicles. Otherwise, your next two selections, if mounted, will become Fast Attacks, not troops. That means you have only 2 Troop choices in your army (not good). Don't leave home without your flamers if you're going for assault.

5 - Fast :: Hounds. They're fine, but I definitely would pay more attention elseware before here.

6 - Heavy :: Spawn. Spawn are great! Good table holders. No problems.

7 - Heavy :: Russ. Again, no problems here.

8 - Heavy :: Beast of Chaos. This one is up to you. However, as long as it's all good chapter approved wise, then why not.

So - first glance, I'd say get more troops in there. Traitors or mutants or even allied marines or anything else you can muster. But really, more troops is essential. Traitor heavy lists generally are very weak Damned armies, and I say this simply because it's true. We pay a premium compared to the real Guard, for less models that have less leadership and poor stats over-all, but we pay a lot for them. Mutants are our cheap alternative and traitors are a chance for long range. So pack in more traitors if you can, lots of them.

Cheers!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 18:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

well you heard the man "MalVeauX" pull out youe wallet bye the models & get painting....
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 09:10   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: O'ahu, Hawaii Its pretty nice out here. The rent is something else, though.

Yeah. I would throw in way more mutants. Mutants are the bread and meaty thigh part of any (When I say any, I think I mean just mine) Lost and Damned army. And I have just began experimenting with the chaos hounds and if you can be all smart with those guys they are the shiz-nit. Don't run em up ahead, use their cool movement to flank your mutants (Or fisty traitors or whatever) and keep in cover (Or behind it altogether) only to CHARGE and tie up units from shooting your walkin' dudes as they cover the last bit (Properly rolled them hounds get 24") So yeah. More mutants and I would say more hounds, but maybe you should wait on them dawgs. Whats your mind on Chaos hounds, Mal? I have heard you speak softly against them, but never really openly criticize them. Or... should I not talk about chaos hounds? If you had a bad experience I can understand, you don't have to talk about it.
Closed Thread