Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

motivated by creativity/boredom
Old 18 Apr 2011, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default motivated by creativity/boredom

To be honest I'ma die hard Tau player but I just plain love modeling and building stuff. Also since my wife doesn't like to get out at the local shops and deal with the other players attitudes I have built a couple small forces for home play against her Eldar so she is not just fighting Tau all the time. This also gives me a better understanding of the other armies. So waiting for the glue to dry on a couple new crisis suits this weekend I was looking at my bits and parts bins and pulling out my chaos marines codex (I buy them all so i can study my enemies) started building a chaos spawn from odd parts and thing chopping and gluing (and honestly forgot to get back to my crisis suits).

My real question is this, looking at the stats and such would anyone consider chaos spawns to be battlefield/competition worth troops? It was alot of fun to build and I already have a chaos marines sorcerer in terminator armor (which was a fun diversion when I built him) so I was thinking of building a couple more for the max 3 model squad of these chaos spawns. Anyone with any thoughts or experiences with them?
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 09:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Generally chaos spawns are not used alot because they arn't very useful. why would you need them? the only people have them is for the psyker spell when someone gets turned into a spawn.
for example: they come under fast attack and have slow and purposeful? whats the logic in that? your better off getting something else instead that is actually useful...
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Right so fun modelling projects but thats it. Thanks GS2 (sounds like a video game system when I abbreviate it like that).
Old 20 Apr 2011, 17:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think if you use some green stuff and give it a lascannon arm or something it could become a cool Obilirator, or or mutated dreadnaugt prehaps?

GS2? heck, what am I know? a computer game? lol
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Not big enough for a dreadnaught but possibly an Obilirator. I shall have to look.