Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are world eaters sane? discussion not question
Old 07 Jun 2010, 16:06   #11 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Are world eaters sane? discussion not question

It varies. Some will be laughing maniacally as they slay everything in their path, and do little other than seethe and growl when not in battle. Others will be silent and sombre and value control and martial prowess.

Kharn is a good example of the former, though he is more intelligent and he fights with skill as well as ferocity. There is a short story in the codex that has him kill some Bezerkers simply because they are there.

Old 10 Jun 2010, 13:45   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Personally, I think most of what is left of the World Eaters are just insane beserkers. However, that is not to say that they are all merely that. I think that there is at least one World Eaters warband that is fairly large and organized, headed by a lord that can plan a campaign as well as dominate a battle. Khorne likes a champion who can fell a hundred warriors in a fight, but he loves one who can kill a hundred million in a war.
Dante41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2010, 13:49   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
I wouldn't call them "sane", but for some strange reason a lot of people on the internet seem to think that World Eaters Marines are outright incapable of doing anything but screaming and running at people with axes. Someone's driving the tanks, the ships, etc.
Yeah, exactly. There are logistics and transportation that needs to be worried about. They can do a little bit more than just kill stuff. Not much, but enough to actually get to a battlefield in the first place. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 01:30   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

From my understanding other than direct combat support roles (driving tanks etc.) a lot of support and logistics would be taken care of by slaves, cultists...etc However I do think I remember some things about World Eaters being rational outside of battle. All kinds of psychotic killer rational, but rational nonetheless.

Does anyone remember Lord Uexkull's affiliation from the novel Traitor General? He was either Khornate or close. I imagine the World Eaters are rather close to him and his cadre.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 02:18   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Why would World Eaters want to be sane? Sanity is for the weak! ;D
terminator44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 03:19   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

I think they are probably coherent most of the time when not in battle, but their priorities will be very, very specific. A World Eater just wants to kill. He doesn't care about anything else. Since you have replaced all other considerations with that, you might argue that they are insane. But I think most of them retain a good deal of intelligence and ability to plan. They want to kill, but they also want to do as much killing as possible as skillfully as possible.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 13:49   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

Maybe they are "calm" and "sane" when not in battle and they are probably just worshipping Khorne or something. Then, during battle, someone has the bronze balls (our blunt stupidity) to yell:
[move]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD AND SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE![/move]
This in turn sends them into a bloody, heritical rage which they are renowned for.

If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America.
Begel Dverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 00:00   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was reading through the Codex and I found a story that seemed fitting for this topic, on page 49 there is a short story about the world eaters, their is a good moment where we read about the leader berzerker keeping his men uder control and what not.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2010, 08:22   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think that the only rational thought they have is "How do we kill most", sayed that way, they are able to think a little strategic, but for crew, driving down people, is also a way to kill people, i don't think an ork can not survive the mass of a rhino on top of it, last thought "Blood for Blood God"
jacican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2010, 15:50   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well in the chaos space marine codex theres a little story about some world eaters holding against imperial forces, they don't act like mindless-lets-kill-everything-people. So i guess before a battle they must work themselves into a blood frenzy (they are bezerkers after all)
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote