Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chaos!
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jul 2005, 13:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chaos!

[size=12pt]:: Chaos Headquarter Arena ::[/size]
[size=7pt]Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Inquisitor, MalVeauX[/size]

In the darkest hours of the grim future, instead of fighting for the Emperor or for a God, the Princes of Chaos fight each other, simply to show who's the biggest and baddest of them all. From the lowly Chaos Lieutenants to the mighty Greater Daemons, they slug it out in the Pit of Torment where only the strong, or the clever, survive. Which incarnation of chaos will you choose? Which abomination will you battle? Join now and let the senseless violence begin!

[hr]

[size=10pt]:: Entrants ::[/size]

[size=12pt]Entrants' Characters[/size]

[size=12pt]:: The Battle ::[/size]

The battles are finished and we have a winner!

[size=12pt]Round I Results![/size]
[size=12pt]Round II Results![/size]
[size=12pt]Round III Results![/size]
[size=12pt]Round IV Results![/size]
[size=12pt]Our Champion![/size]
[size=12pt]The Challenge Results[/size]

[hr]

[size=10pt]:: The Rules ::[/size]

The following rules are instated to ensure that everything is smooth sailing and under control. The tomb of Chaos is an extremely abusable book, and the creations that come from it must be legal and within the set limitations. There are also personal limitations that will be set in order to keep things relatively simplified in terms of the battle system. So that being said, here are the rules:

Rule 1 - Your character must be an Independent Character from the Chaos Codex.
Rule 2 - There are no retinues or followers allowed to be attached to your Independent Character; nor may transports be taken.
Rule 3 - Your character must be legal (refer to this source for the updates to the armory).
Rule 4 - Special Characters may be used which have a point cost equal to or less than 200 points
Rule 5 - You may use Greater Daemons and you may buy psychic powers where legal (exception: Blood Thirsters are not permitted).
Rule 6 - All characters and/or Greater Daemons must be within the 200 point cap. This cap is for all characters; period. No exceptions.
Rule 7 - One entry per person.
Rule 8 - 4th Edition rules and all the latest updates are in effect; All Characters are considered Fearless; Sweeping Advance & No Retreat do not apply.
Rule 9 - Character submissions must be sent to me via Private Message; with the title: "Chaos Arena Character Submission." All entries must be in by July 20th.

[size=10pt]:: The Arena ::[/size]

The arena is 24 inches by 24 inches and characters are placed 13 inches from each other. Yes, this means that some characters may not be able to assault on the first round if they're slow (to represent how a faster opponent would be more inclined to leap into combat more quickly). Characters will be faced off randomly, which I will roll a dice in order to determine the pairs. Which character gets the first movement and assault phase, will be determined randomly by a dice roll as well. The pairs of characters will fight 3 times together, for a best out of 3 in order to tell who won the match. So your character will have 3 tries, no matter what.

Characters fight for best out of 3 rounds.

Initiative Rolls:

Your initiative roll (used to see which character gets to make the first move) is effected like the following:

Characters that are 120 points or less, receive a +1 to their initiative roll when determining who goes first.
Characters that are between 121 and 170 points receive no bonus and no limitation on their initiative roll.
Characters that are 171 points or more, receive a -1 to their initiative roll when determining who goes first.

The winners of the first rounds will battle the other winners, and that will continue until there are only 2 entries left, who will battle for the title of Champion.

The Champion may choose to retire or he or she may choose to take the ultimate challenge. This challenge is to fight an unknown battle, which should be very challenging: A Daemonhunter Inquisitor Lord or Grand Master Grey Knight Hero of my choosing; Maybe even something from the Ordo Hereticus branch!. The winner receives karma as a reward for being an unstoppable chaos force and may choose the next arena (*) if it be housed here at the Chaos Boards.

The Champion, upon retirement, (*) may choose the unit of the next arena, from any entry in the Chaos Codex (for example, any troop entry with a maximum point limit).

So for simplicity:

The winner of the arena is titled the Champion.
The Champion may retire; If the champion retires he may choose the next arena.
The Champion may choose to take the ultimate challenge; should the Champion win this challenge; he gets bragging rights and may choose the next arena.

[hr]

[size=10pt]:: Notes ::[/size]

All questions should be asked here. I will post a Questions & Answer session for each question and add the answers. All entries will be sent to me via Private Message. Once received and checked; I will post your name in the entrants list (I will not post your character). No one will know anyone else's character choices until the fight begins. Also note, I am not allowing myself to enter (but I control the ultimate challenge).

Good luck; Have fun; And let's see those characters!
Old 04 Jul 2005, 13:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chao

[size=10pt]:: Questions & Answers ::[/size]

Q: Will you be fighting them yourself at home and posting the results?
A: Yeap!

Q: Are you entered in the arena?
A: Nope! But if you take the ultimate challenge, you will fight an Inquisitor or Grand Master of my choice.

Q: Why do the characters start with 13 inches between them?
A: To represent that normal characters are slower to combat than characters with enhanced movement modes (which are costly for a one time effect).

Q: Why is the Blood Thirster not permitted?
A: Because he would probably win too easily.

Q: Why is there a difference on the points of the characters when it comes to the initiative rolls?
A: That is to encourage you to not build your character to the maximum allowed point cap and recieve bonuses, or not take a limitation for your selection. In short, it's to encourage differentiation amongst the entries and to make it more interesting. The most expensive characters may not go first somtimes, versus the cheapest ones may have a better chance to go first.

Q: What happens when two characters tie in combat? Or what happens if both die in combat at the same time? Is it a draw?
A: Characters will fight for best out of 3; therefore a draw is a win for both characters.

Q: Is everything going to be done absolutely 100% pefectly to the milimeter?
A: Probably not; this is meant to be fun and it's a lot of work. Just consider it all in the spirit of the game.

[hr]

[size=10pt]:: Entrants ::[/size]

42 (* locked)
Ahstbn (* locked)
Akuma (* locked)
Andromidius (* locked)
Arguleon-veq (* locked)
Aun Ukos (* locked)
Conan The Chaos Marine (* locked)
Farseer Tyross (* locked)
Fearlessgod (* locked)
FranktheTank (* locked)
Grey Area (* locked)
IDon'tPlayTau (* locked)
King.com (* locked)
Mael (* locked)
Redbeard (* locked)
ShadowDeth (* locked)
ShasOJeff (* locked)
Tauroc (* locked)

July 20th. All entrants are final now. We lost a single entrant due to no entry being made. But we are ok, we have 18 people and it's evened out. * locked means that all entires are now locked in and cannot be changed. Results will be in by the end of this weekend!
Old 04 Jul 2005, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chao

Sounds like fun, my entry is incoming.

One question : Could you explain this line? "The arena is 24 inches by 24 inches and characters are placed 12 inches from each other. Yes, this means that some characters may not be able to assault on the first round if they're slow (to represent how a faster opponent does indeed fight faster)."

Is this in reference to someone with wings, getting first turn and backing up 12 inches? That's the only scenario I see where you wouldn't be charged first turn.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 04 Jul 2005, 14:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah im iin sound like fun so we just tell you are lord and you at home fight them right ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 05 Jul 2005, 01:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Count me in Mal...

I'm curious to see how my Lord, tweaked up a notch or three, fares in this contest...muahahahahaaaaa!

-M
Old 05 Jul 2005, 03:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDeth
Sounds like fun, my entry is incoming.

One question : Could you explain this line? "The arena is 24 inches by 24 inches and characters are placed 12 inches from each other. Yes, this means that some characters may not be able to assault on the first round if they're slow (to represent how a faster opponent does indeed fight faster)."

Is this in reference to someone with wings, getting first turn and backing up 12 inches? That's the only scenario I see where you wouldn't be charged first turn.
Good point - I should make this more clear. I see my wording was poor.
Basically what was meant is that the arena is large enough to move around in and that sometimes, a player may wish to jump back and use a ranged attack or psychic power instead of assault if they have the first turn (a plague banner lord for example). I should have said "more than 12" inches appart, so that normal moving models do not get to charge on the first turn, but may still move anywhere. The point was to make a dramatic difference between normal models, compared to fast models with flight or speed, who would naturally be entering combat faster.

This will be updated Thanks!

[hr]

[size=12pt]
The rules have been updated. Please take note of the new limitations (the cap is lower), the new changes to the initiative rolls and the fact that blood thirsters are no longer acceptable. If you already submitted an entry prior to this change, you may resubmit your character to me, with the following title on the private message: "Arena Character Update."

Thanks!

[hr]

[size=12pt]Announcement:

Feel free to advertise in your signatures a link to this thread and let all your acquaintances know about it. The more the merrier!
You can PM anyone you know too. Just a little effort to get some more action for the pit

Cheers![/size]

[hr]

[size=12pt]Another Update:

I changed the fights to be best out of 3's, in order to avoid bad rolls on the first turn sealing the deal. Everyone will have a decent chance at this, slow or not.
[/size]
Old 06 Jul 2005, 04:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: O'ahu, Hawaii Its pretty nice out here. The rent is something else, though.
Default Re: Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chaos!

What a great idea!
I am going to enter my daemon prince for sure!
This second I am in an internet cafe and only have a few minutes left, so rather then fire off a dozen questions I am sure are covered in prior posts I will post again in a day or so my deamon prince's stats (If thats even how we are doing this).
Look forward to it, fellas!
Not to get all ego-trippy, but I think I have a pretty good chance of winning.
If for some reason you are super interested and can't wait to test out such a brazen statement, I posted his stats prior on the boards. Heavyweight >
Old 06 Jul 2005, 05:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Conan:

Be sure to read the rules - all entries are sent to me via PM. You shouldn't post your Character in any way here in the public thread. So keep the stats and configuration secret and to yourself until battle day!

Look forward to seeing what you bring to the pit!

Cheers!
Old 06 Jul 2005, 05:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Chaos Headquarter Arena! :: A fight to the Death amongst the Princes of Chaos!

I just sent you my submission. This sounds like alot of good, clean fun.

Are you going to post up mini batreps of the battles (possibly with diagrams to show movement)?

~Andromidius
Old 06 Jul 2005, 05:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah that would be so cool

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Closed Thread