Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

When the false-Emperor dies what will happen?
Old 06 Jan 2009, 08:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to danton tyr
Default When the false-Emperor dies what will happen?

As you can tell in my title i was wondering what the powers of chaos might do (their unpredictable so im only asking for ideas) when the emperor dies?
Will Nurgle become very powerful with the death of him?
Will the chaos gods let rip an awesome tide of deamons and Chaos space marines?
Or do you think that GW will spin it in such a way that he will survive somehow?
if so please elaberate

Malatox, Disciple of Decay
"I am the Bringer of Pestilance, the Giver of Plague, Disciple of Decay and a brother to an unstoppable force! All this I was given by the Lord of Decay, Father Nurgle. And my father has seen fit to give me a name. I AM MALATOX!!! Now, tell me what does you False-Emperor give you but his Infernal ssilence?!"

danton tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 08:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: When the false-Emperor dies what will happen?

Some fluff suggests that when the Emeperor dies, he will be reborn as the star child I think it is...which all depends on how many people with the pariah gene are sacrificed to him...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 08:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Whats the "star child"? Iv'e never came across the term before...
I had thought of the idea of re-birth.
If he does then to me it sounds like he is the 40k jesus. He died to protect humanity, Protected humanity while dead... and now possibly re-birth? as well as basically havin the disciples i.e. the primarchs

(p.s. If I offended anyone talking about Jesus in htis way then I am sorry, and i want you to know I didn't mean any offence.)
"I am the Bringer of Pestilance, the Giver of Plague, Disciple of Decay and a brother to an unstoppable force! All this I was given by the Lord of Decay, Father Nurgle. And my father has seen fit to give me a name. I AM MALATOX!!! Now, tell me what does you False-Emperor give you but his Infernal ssilence?!"

Old 06 Jan 2009, 11:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatox
If he does then to me it sounds like he is the 40k jesus. He died to protect humanity, Protected humanity while dead... and now possibly re-birth? as well as basically havin the disciples i.e. the primarchs

(p.s. If I offended anyone talking about Jesus in htis way then I am sorry, and i want you to know I didn't mean any offence.)
I dont believe you are offending anyone as i kind of think the emporer and primarchs were made with that idea in mind.
As i do believe religion was brought in this game inside it. Someone explained it quite well before, but i don't remember if it was here or elsewhere....

BTW i am also interested in this "star child" theory. IMHO i think GW killing the emporer and bringing him back is just going to cause a separation of the imperium and space marines....
Old 06 Jan 2009, 12:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T. Marine
Quote:

I dont believe you are offending anyone as i kind of think the emporer and primarchs were made with that idea in mind.
As i do believe religion was brought in this game inside it. Someone explained it quite well before, but i don't remember if it was here or elsewhere....

BTW i am also interested in this "star child" theory. IMHO i think GW killing the emporer and bringing him back is just going to cause a separation of the imperium and space marines....
Call it Heresy Round II - Electric Bugaloo ... I suspect the Imperium would never admit the Golden Throne was empty in the first place.
dave_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 12:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T. Marine
Quote:

Call it Heresy Round II - Electric Bugaloo ... I suspect the Imperium would never admit the Golden Throne was empty in the first place.
Hehe i wouldn't doubt it TBH and the true emperor is actually enslaved within the inquisition.....
Hmm That would be an ironic twist to fluff...
Old 06 Jan 2009, 12:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

A really ironic twist would be if the emperor came back and waged war against the imperium. Seeing it, as it truly is, corrupted. Maybe the space marines would split again. those that dont believe the emperor has returned and those that do and see the imperium clearly. just a thought

anyway... back on topic. If the emperor died and never came back, what do you think would happen?

Old 06 Jan 2009, 12:31   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
If the emperor died and never came back, what do you think would happen?
Without the astronomican the Imperium would fragment and collapse. Humanity would be largely wiped out. Also, before this happened, there would be a lot more powerful Psykers around (unless they were all executed and could be controlled in order for this to happen) as they would not need to be sacrificed to the Emperor.
Old 06 Jan 2009, 12:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Good point... I had an idea of them builing something of a council of psykers to compensate for the death of the Emperor. There would have to a lot and they would all have to be pretty powerful, but it might pull it off. what do you think?

Old 06 Jan 2009, 13:13   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

There would have to be thousands I would imagine, and they would need to all cooperate, so it's not likely.
I wouldn't say it's impossible however.
Perhaps if they were all hooked up to a psychic beacon that rendered them uncounscious or something (kind of like the Matrix, where people are used for electricity, but in this cae it would be psykers being used for psychic energy).