Which God Would You Worship and Why
View Poll Results: Which God Would You Worship and Why
Nurgle 9 18.00%
Khorne 11 22.00%
Slaanesh 10 20.00%
Tzeentch 13 26.00%
Chaos Undivded 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06 Jan 2009, 14:08   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Which God Would You Worship and Why

One thing that has surprised me here is how little those who claim that they would worship Slannesh seem to understand about the nature of the Prince of Pleasure. Certainly, for a time you would enjoy charisma, influence, beautiful women, "manly" prowess, and whatever other desire you could think of. But they would quickly subside and become dull. You would require even more shocking and potent lusts to fuel your desire. So perhaps instead of women, you would take animals to bed. Perhaps you would indulge in sadistic practices. Narcotics would soon follow. As these became dull you would turn to even more intense attempts to fill the gaping lust that had grown from your desires. You would never be satisfied. You would always be haunted by the pleasures you had enjoyed but could not get enjoyment from any longer. As such, you would drive yourself deeper and deeper into your lusts - trying to simply get a portion or the pleasure you used to enjoy.

Those who worship Khorne are most definately the most simplistic. Bloodshed, violence, warfare, hatred, anger, wrath. Such things are certainly very cut and dry (excuse the pun). However, Khorne bears no affection for his followers. He is just as likely to kill you as to bring you to ascension if you are faithful. His thrown is built upon the skulls of his champions and their victims. If you do successfully join the ranks of Khorne's daemons, your existance will be violent and will almost always end in the ultimate annihilation of your essence.

The followers of Tzeentch often find an appeal in the notion of manipulating others to their desires. This can lead to quick satisfaction and completion of the initial goals. However, this is short lived. The desire to plot and manipulate quickly outshine the desire to be in power. Schemes are no longer the means to an end but the end in itself. Power, prestige, influence - these are all secondary, nay, tertiary to the twin goals of plotting and manipulation. Tzeentch worshippers find themselves unable to ever bring their plots to fruition. Instead, each time their goal threatens to be birthed into reality, they alter course and pursue another course of manipulation. Thus, even the most ardent prusuer of power will find his ultimate goal ever out of reach as the Changer of Ways dangles the hope of fruition like a carrot and manipulates the manipulatier into ever more complex scemes and macinations.

Thus the only god who offers his followers a sense of devotion, affection and completion is Grandfather Nurgle. His followers turn to him to escape death, pain, and suffering. He grants them plagues, pestiliance and eternal morbidity. These things may seem repulsive - but to the Plague Lord, they are valuable gifts. Nurgle's followers enjoy the affectionate care of their god, poured out upon them in trinkets and baubles that ultimately contribute to their corruption. Pain, discomfort and death are exchanged for a state of perpetual decay in which these things are ultimately avoided. Certainly Nurglites are not going to be getting dates or winning beauty contests. But the nature of their Patron ensures that they will be continuously locked in a state of perpetual destruction and rebirth as Papa Nurgle continues his slow march to dominance in the galaxy.

;D
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 19:58   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
I'm sorry, Vash, I'm afraid you can't join in on our little game. While you clearly put a lot of thought into this, and most of your arguments are convincing (it's still the pr0n god for me, though), your line of reasoning clearly marks you out as a sane, rational person. Sane, rational persons don't worship Chaos gods, because their power of deduction enables them to see that they end up dead one way or the other... So, sorry, we have to leave you out of this ;D
Aww... *sniff* but I likes spilling blood...

Although I've actually considered starting a World Eaters army for some time, I just have too many projects already to start yet another atm.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 20:20   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
the prospect of being able to look death in the face and laugh because I am death is just cool.
That's a Nurgle quote, not a Khorne one.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 20:54   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Oh and Aureus, while that's a nice post and all I think we all know about the different gods and their worshippers, this isn't a very serious thread and so the various aspects have been greatly simplified.

Besides Khorn does show some affection, look at Kharn for instance. Even with nurgle the worshippers are still discardable even if Nurgle pretends to care about them, at least Khorn is honest about it.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2009, 16:29   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

running by wargammer's description of all the chaos gods, i would choose slaanesh
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2009, 03:02   #26 (permalink)
Shas'La

Since it seems like I'm the only person who isn't a short term gain seeking fool, I would not want to follow Slaanesh. Tzeentch would't be bad, as a Rubric Marine Lutenint Scorcere would have some perks, like turning enemies into frogs, and that wouldn't be bad. But if the plan involves killing and tourching in the most despicable ways, then I am in. Not to say that I don't like Nurgle, but he just dosen't seem to have much of a purpose. And Khorne, being a little two straight forward, wouldn't be the best for a survivor, but who dosn't want to kill and slaughter? But the Lord of Change wins for one reason: this quote.

"Don't you see? My master cares not which of the Great Powers of Chaos you serve.

In the end, aren't the followers of the Blood God turning valient heros into headless corpses? Aren't the worshipers of the Lord of Flies changing strong healthy bodies into rotting disied corpses? Aren't the diciples of the Dark Prince changing stern steadfast heros into slaves of their own sences?

Chaos is a struggle to change, you must agree.
Change rules all"

We all are following every god, so why not the one who controls them all anyways?
Grr! Here is a new word to express my anger:

#$@&#\*%#@^@
Gaahrneedtokill

Life is a basket of crazed, flesh eating weasels.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewiththeface
my friend had a teacher on a test after getting 49 question right, he got the 50th wrong and the teacher wrote "C-c-c-c-combo breaker-r-r-r" next to it.
Notanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2009, 04:12   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to flamedrag

I would have to say Tzeentch, just for the amount I am already like one of his followers. I constantly plot and plan and possibly scheme about everything in everyday life whether or not it directly affects me. And as for me suddenly changing into a Chaos Spawn, I wouldn't care as it would be in the Architect of Fate's great scheme and I would be serving him.

Salamanders: 8 Wins, 5 Draws, 9 Losses
flamedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2009, 14:51   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

start out as a khorn champion, run around, kill stuff, then charge into a slannesh party and kill some more
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2009, 15:35   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Khorne by far

As soon as i saw the chain axes i feel in love with him. And besides most of the games i play i like to use melee

Nurgle: just freaky but he would probly be my second choice

Slaanesh: again the sex and drug thing sounds asome untill i relised that only men are in the chapter and deamons have spikes all over them

Tzeench: To much plotting will make my head hurt

Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 01:45   #30 (permalink)
Ethereal

Slaanesh...

What? A little excess is good for your system!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote