Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A friend of mine were playing my space marines vs his Khorne Daemon army
Old 02 Nov 2008, 15:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default A friend of mine were playing my space marines vs his Khorne Daemon army

He was trying to tell me that khorne Daemons can deep strike in and assault, I could not find any where in the codex that would allow him to this. Now my question to you all is can Daemons deep strike in and assault?

I just wanted to thank everybody here for helping me out with these issues thank you everyone!
Old 02 Nov 2008, 15:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A friend of mine were playing my space marines vs his Khorne Daemon army

From what I've gathered they can't assault after Deep Striking, so your friend was in the wrong. Would it have affected the game much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 15:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: A friend of mine were playing my space marines vs his Khorne Daemon army

Yea it would of cause he deep striked 2 squads of blood letters, and a squad of 5 blood crushers right by my tactical squads and pretty much wiped them out. It was just a friendly game though I just wanted to know for the future
Old 02 Nov 2008, 16:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No there is nothing in the Daemons codex that lets any unit assault after deep strike, IIRC.

But I am certain that no Khorne Daemons can do this. The only action Khorne Daemons can do after deep strike is run (or shoot, but most Khorne stuff can't shoot anything), which can't be used to assault.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 16:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks for the help, I just wanted to make sure about that cause it just seemed way to good, to deep strike and assault them in the same turn. My next question is, if you are playing Khorne Daemons how do you counter this draw back? because if you deepstrike them to far back there out of assault range, and to close there going to get rapid fire/assaulted .
Old 02 Nov 2008, 16:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Normally I try to DS them behind something where they can't be seen. Of course that doesn't always work, so I then run them to attempt to either get behind what I was trying to get behind, or spread them out sou they don't get fried by blast templates so badly.

I I have to DS into the open, then I just put everyone to one flank so hopefully only part of my enemy's army can shoot me. Then I just weather the fire, and pray to make my Invulns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax
going to get rapid fire/assaulted .
Then that just means I can assault them, or they've already done the work for me. >

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 16:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

haha yea thats a good point if they assault the daemons, sorry for asking so many questions but if you deep strike into an enemy unit or into terrain does it not kill your unit of daemons?
Old 02 Nov 2008, 18:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Drax you roll on the deepstrike mishap table which you cna find in the rulebook. They sometimes can die form that.
Old 02 Nov 2008, 18:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

i think your friend was getting confused with the rules for lesser deamons in the chaos space marines codex. They are allowed to assault after they are summoned.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 23:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezy Panda
i think your friend was getting confused with the rules for lesser deamons in the chaos space marines codex. They are allowed to assault after they are summoned.
darn beat me to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote