Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

daemons can assault after Deepstrike?
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default daemons can assault after Deepstrike?

Okay so I played a daemons army yesterday and got trampled. The guy said every daemon unit is allowed to assault on the turn they DS. I was like holy shit, but didn't argue cause I figure no way you could make a rule up like that and think you could get away with it....

Well I was on another forum that I lurk on and someone said how the daemons would be super broken if you could assault on the turn they DS. So which is it? If this looser cheated I'm gonna rematch the crap out of him and blow his stupid bloodletters away.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: daemons can assault after Deepstrike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSon
Okay so I played a daemons army yesterday and got trampled. The guy said every daemon unit is allowed to assault on the turn they DS. I was like holy Shtlk, but didn't argue cause I figure no way you could make a rule up like that and think you could get away with it....

Well I was on another forum that I lurk on and someone said how the daemons would be super broken if you could assault on the turn they DS. So which is it? If this looser cheated I'm gonna rematch the Klkn out of him and blow his stupid bloodletters away.
the daemons from Codex: Chaos SPACE MARINES can assault after they deepstrike.

the ones from Codex: CHAOS DAEMONS are stuck in place for a turn. the army would be seriously sickening if everything could assault the turn it arrived (looking at you - Nurglings with the epidermus > )
Old 31 Jul 2008, 16:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magnifico
looking at you - Nurglings with the epidermus >
Nah, epi nurglings aren't hard to beat. Heck, if you take out epi then he has absolutely nothing for you to worry about.

The power build that would be insane would be a pure Khornate list. I drop 2 units of blood crushers and a bloodthirster... charge.... good game.

As for the original poster, yeah, you got cheated. Only the Daemons from codex: chaos space marine can assault after deepstriking. Daemons from codex: daemon can't. All we can do is run... But theres a reason for that. If Codex: Daemon daemons could assault the turn they came on then they would be the instant win army. Tournaments would be filled with nothing but bloodletters and daemonettes. Marines wouldn't be GW's posterboys anymore.... They would take over as the most abused army there is... next to eldar that is (nothing can beat them when it comes to abusive army lists... ;D )
Old 31 Jul 2008, 18:27   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, it was as I thought. I was using my SM army which has won 15 games thus far and lost none, and then this kid beats me in 3 turns ( I called it, all that was left was one scout squad and one dev squad) and all I did was kill one Demon prince, some demonettes and a squad of bloodletters. I should have asked to see the rule but I hate second guessing my opponents, mainly cause I hate being overly questioned.

Oh well, I'm certainly going to strike that loss off the records. The rematch will be bloody, the terrain won't be so nicely set up for a DS army, lots of demons are gonna be dead on arrival . Any suggestions on deployment formations or good anti daemon units? I hate tailoring lists but this kid deserves it!
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Get yourself daemonhunter inquisitor with 2 astropaths, he then gets to nominate a deepstriking unit to take a free shot at as they arrive. That squad could be a very large assortment of heavy bolters, or even just some rapid firing marines, daemons aren't that tough, just get those saves.
Animist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 03:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magnifico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSon
Okay so I played a daemons army yesterday and got trampled. The guy said every daemon unit is allowed to assault on the turn they DS. I was like holy Shtlk, but didn't argue cause I figure no way you could make a rule up like that and think you could get away with it....

Well I was on another forum that I lurk on and someone said how the daemons would be super broken if you could assault on the turn they DS. So which is it? If this looser cheated I'm gonna rematch the Klkn out of him and blow his stupid bloodletters away.
the daemons from Codex: Chaos SPACE MARINES can assault after they deepstrike.

the ones from Codex: CHAOS DAEMONS are stuck in place for a turn. the army would be seriously sickening if everything could assault the turn it arrived (looking at you - Nurglings with the epidermus > )
And that is -why- one of the reasons I have been promoting lesser daemons for your chaos army, for a while. They can assault after they deep strike in.
Old 01 Aug 2008, 13:13   #7 (permalink)
RcR
Kroot Shaper

I've just went looking threw my codex and i can't find the rules where daemons can assault after deepstrike (i'm using the CSM codex). A page number would be great.

I also know what you mean about not questioning you opponents i'm usually biting my tongue threw games.
Old 01 Aug 2008, 15:18   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

The assault rule is listed on page 61, the second paragraph of the "Summoning Daemons" section.
killmaimburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 17:17   #9 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcR
I also know what you mean about not questioning you opponents i'm usually biting my tongue threw games.
This is something you have to overcome when you are battling against unfamiliar people and armies, some people will use your unfamiliarity against you and deliberately misinterpret or abuse rules. Do not be afraid to ask to see your opponents Codex, after all I'm sure they're willing to take the time to explain the rules of their army to you if you're unfamiliar with them. It was either a deliberate ploy by your opponent, or an honest mistake, either way do not hesitate to raise questions during battle.
Old 02 Aug 2008, 03:02   #10 (permalink)
RcR
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmaimburn
The assault rule is listed on page 61, the second paragraph of the "Summoning Daemons" section.
I can't believe i missed that, now my lessers(Khorne hounds a la fluffy fallen spacewolves) actually have a use.