Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Chaos Daemons] Chariots?
Old 07 Jul 2008, 20:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default [Chaos Daemons] Chariots?

Hey everyone!

Had a quick question in regards to every demon player's favorite piece of wargear: the chariot. Obviously, stat wise it is one of the most powerful upgrades available and can make most heralds (especially heralds of Khorne) absolute beasts on the table.

However, GW doesn't sell their own chariot models. So, I was wondering what you guys do to make/represent chariots. Do you use other bits? Do you scratch build your own stuff? Do you just have some models "count as"?

A bit of a modelling question, but it's really specific to Chaos so I figured I'd put it here where more people may see it. If it needs to be moved, I am at the mercy of the Mods...
Old 07 Jul 2008, 21:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: [Chaos Daemons] Chariots?

Personally I actually don't like the chariot. The lower cost and the extra wound just aren't enough to get over the loss of independent character. I throw mine on a juggernaut and attach him to a unit of 'Crushers.

Having said that the chaos warriors chariot seems to me like it would be almost perfect. The only thing wrong is that to model it with two juggernauts will take a serious conversion of the part that attaches to the horses.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1040514
Old 07 Jul 2008, 22:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Indepedent character doesn't do a lot in 5th edition.. they can still be targeted like any other unit unless they're attached to a unit,

I think there might be some chariots out eventually, maybe in the next wave of Daemon models.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2008, 11:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
Indepedent character doesn't do a lot in 5th edition.. they can still be targeted like any other unit unless they're attached to a unit,
Thats the point. I like to throw him in a unit, I don't want him running around being an easy kill point for the enemy. Thus the putting him on a juggernaut and throwing him in a unit of crushers. The best way to think about it is that the crushers are a delivery system for your herald, that just happens to be almost as hard as him. Plus if you attach him to the unit before deepstriking you get both at the same time.