Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos, Space Marines or Deamons?
Old 16 Jun 2008, 14:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Chaos, Space Marines or Deamons?

I am a possible new chaos player and I was wondering, which of the two armies is better. I am sure that people will say that it is up to what you like but, I want to know, If both were under the controll of a good player which army performs superior. I plan on doing both if I do either but, I want to know which should be my main army. My favorite god is Tzeentch, followed by Nurgal. I will be playing one of, or both of these gods units in my list. I am leaning towards Tzeentch in CSM and both in Daemons. Let me know what you all think.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 16:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Chaos, Space Marines or Deamons?

I don't know that anyone can really answer this question. Daemons just got released. I doubt anyone has had the time to really work them out and learn to use them to their full potential. In theory the armies should be balanced so one shouldn't really better than the other.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2008, 17:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Heya

If you're favourite is tzeentch and your looking for a cheap, mostly non metal army I recommend CSM.

Not to mention ap3 bolters and the fact that they're quite good in 5th ed.

Cheers

Quote from Bubgum: ... BrassDaemon isn't that stupid
Oh I assure you Bubgum I am

My instinct of selr-preservastion say: RUN! RUN AWAY!.... But I think my curiosity will win... AGAIn- quote Cmdrbonesaw
Brassdeamon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2008, 18:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Really, it's tough to say. Tzeentch Daemons are ridiculously good as it is, although Thousand Sons are no pushovers. Actually, either army you buy will be mostly metal, Daemons will be entirely metal and Marines will be all metal except for tanks.

Here it is - thousand sons are better against Marines of any description and anything with a 3+ armour save. Daemons are better against mildly less well-protected units, like Tau Fire Warriors or Guardsmen or Orks.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

As I have both, I'd go with the Thousand Sons to start, as they're ALOT more forgiving than the demons to play. AND you get the always wonderful 3+ normal/4+ invulnerable on your "basic" troops- Making them especially useful in the troops-centered 5th edition missions.

As for "mixing" demonic forces, I'd suggest Khorne as a "partener" for the Tzeentch demons, as, frankly, Tzeentch demons have trouble in close combat. Let the Khorne Boyz take the skulls while your Flamers soften everything else up with the Breath.

In any case, feel free to PM me if you need advice .

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:37   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks a lot to all who replied. I think that I am going to stick with the Thousand Sons. Then I will work on the daemons.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 20:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Stick with the Thousand Suns

With 5Th Ed coming only a few more weeks the Lesser Daemons in the Chaos Codex are now worth while taking.
Lesser Daemons count as troop choices without taking up any slots.

The majority of the victory conditions is the number of troops that is the ends to the game. 1 model in a troop choice still counts as a scoring unit.

There are no lesser daemon models so if you want you can by whatever models to represent your lesser daemon squads
Old 18 Jun 2008, 02:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you are fine on the money section go with chaos but if you don't want to shell out the money for troops choices go with daemons as the normal troops choices are only 25$(CA) it also depends who you are fighting, but from my standpoint chaos is the stronger choice as there are experts here willing to help you form your strategy's and give you help full advice and they have shooting most unlike daemon forces which are usually full out assault with scattered shooting. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 06:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Or why not do a generic CSM army but with Tzeentch elements in it. It will be cheaper points wise and there wont be some many metal models. Try something like 2 TS sqauds with rhinos and 3/4 marine squads. This will give you some solid marine hunting power (try fielding them on the weakest flank and over power it with sheer ap3 goodness) the other marine squads if put behind cover will survive for some time. But yeah this is just me.
Kharvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 07:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Or why not do a generic CSM army but with Tzeentch elements in it.
That is not a bad idea. Many of the people in my area who play CSM armies play in this manner.