Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bloodcrusher/khorne army.
Old 04 Jun 2008, 19:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Bloodcrusher/khorne army.

I've just picked up the new codex and thought about doing a Khorne 1000pts army.

Hope to include:

2 bloodcrushers.
2 bloodcrushers.
2 bloodcrushers.
2 Soul grinders.
10 or so bloodletters.
Herald on juggernaut.
6 flesh hounds.
Skulltaker.

Anything else that will be handy (just khorne)

Could anyone possibly guide me using an army list or tips..... thanks! >

PS: need at least 4 bloodcrushers. >
Old 04 Jun 2008, 22:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Bloodcrusher/khorne army.

Um... I think you meant 1000, not 100 points.

With 10 bloodletters, you will have no competitive edge whatsoever. You definitely need to rework your list to get 20-30 of 'em in there. Then I can begin some more constructive criticism.
Old 04 Jun 2008, 22:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

For a thousand point army I'd start first with 20 bloodletters. Whether you take them in 2 units of 10, or 4 units of 5 is up to you (though I would go with the 2 of 10, can survive easier).

And you want at least four Blood Crushers? 2 units of 2 is alright. Personally I would try to get 2 units of 3 at least though.

Skulltaker is almost a given in any Khorne based army. So he's an auto in...

Lets see, Based on what you gave me as a guideline I would personally go with:

Skull Taker

2 Blood Crushers

2 Blood Crushers

10 Blood Letters

10 Blood Letters

6 Flesh Hounds

Soul Grinder

Soul Grinder

Totals 980 points, leaving you 20 points for upgrades. However you will find a couple of things wrong right off the bat with this list. First of all you have no icons. Secondly, with the exception of the 2 soul grinders and the Flesh Hounds it is a very slow list. Thirdly, with the exception of the Grinders and the Crushers (and Skull Taker...) its a very fragile list.

I would probably be more likely to go with something like this for a 1000 point game:

Skull Taker on Juggernaut

3 Blood Crushers

3 Blood Crushers

10 Blood Letters with Icon

10 Blood Letters with Icon

6 Flesh Hounds with Karanak

6 Flesh Hounds

Bang on 1000 points. This gives you more bodies in the army, and adds more speed to the list. In exchange you give up the 2 soul grinders, but without upgrading them to have either phlegm or tongue.... I don't think they are worth it. This also gives you the icons you need to make your later units come in on target. Just try to split the army evenly and make sure that the hounds get the charge so that you can tie up his army. You will have trouble with skimmers, and anything over armor 12 (with the exception of Skull taker getting a charge, he can potentially penetrate armor 14... actually rather easily). But you really shouldn't face that problem in a normal 1000 point game.

However I would advise if you go to 1500 start taking the soul grinders with at least one upgrade, and start looking at the possibility of either a blood thirster or a daemon prince with wings (both gonna cost you about 200 to 300 points each). Either that or start adding in other gods. Tzeentch and Khorne can be really nasty together if done right. They basically each shore up the weakness in the other list...
Old 05 Jun 2008, 11:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

You want to take that many Bloodcrushers? That's really gonna hurt your wallet... oh well, I'm planning on taking 10 in 2000 points...

And remember, taking Karanak makes your Flesh Hounds an Elites choice (don't ask me why, just check page 55)
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2008, 14:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The remark on page 55 is most likely a mistake. The thing is the only way to buy Karanak is to purchase him as a fast choice. Now if the rules actually said that this now makes the unit an Elite choice I would agree with you (case in point, in the tyranids codex if you buy a unit of warriors and give them wings they go from an elite/hq choice to being fast). The way I'm looking at it is that during playtesting they were thinking of making the hounds elites, but decided to make them fast... however they forgot to change that in Karanaks entry.

Old 06 Jun 2008, 11:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah- due to comments i'll probably add a unit of horrors.

Got so far:

Skulltaker...how do you get him on juggernaut.
20 bloodletters.
10 horrors.
4-5 bloodcrushers.
6 flesh hounds.
Herald of tzeentch.

Any idea when and what's in the new daemon battleforce.
Old 06 Jun 2008, 11:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
The remark on page 55 is most likely a mistake. The thing is the only way to buy Karanak is to purchase him as a fast choice. Now if the rules actually said that this now makes the unit an Elite choice I would agree with you (case in point, in the tyranids codex if you buy a unit of warriors and give them wings they go from an elite/hq choice to being fast). The way I'm looking at it is that during playtesting they were thinking of making the hounds elites, but decided to make them fast... however they forgot to change that in Karanaks entry.
I agree, but until the FAQ comes out, I'll just stick with the Elites rule.

And yeah, those Horrors are a nice idea. I decided to combine my Khorne with Tzeentch to contrast close combat with shooting.
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2008, 13:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you want Skull Taker on a juggernaut, you will have to convert him. It isn't going to be easy as his cloak is a solid piece. As for in the rules, all you have to do is pay the extra points (it is in his entry).
Old 06 Jun 2008, 15:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
If you want Skull Taker on a juggernaut, you will have to convert him. It isn't going to be easy as his cloak is a solid piece. As for in the rules, all you have to do is pay the extra points (it is in his entry).
Thanks for the advise but i'll probably stick with normal s'taker.... any ideas for lists with my latest choices...

[move]KHORNE AND TZEENTCH.... YAY >[/move]

Can you only use lord of change in 2000+ games, if so how do you get heralds of tzeentch as games workshop only have lord of change for tzeentchi HQ :P
Old 06 Jun 2008, 19:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Most special Tzeentch models should be converted, but I have a buddy that used a Fantasy Chaos Sorcerer to good effect as his Herald.

Side note, skulltaker should ideally be put on a chariot, with the enrf to independent characters and the fact nearly all of his stats get boosted, it is a great buy for only twenty points. It's also easier to convert rather than the whole juggernaut, I'm simply sticking a little wooden platform with a pile of bones on the back of one of my juggernauts, and leave room to take skulltaker on and off depending on how many points I can use.