Old 29 May 2008, 07:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default FW Death Guard Army

Just spent a few quid on some forge world parts and am waiting on

2 deathguard marine conversion sets
1 deathguard terminator conversion set
1 deathguard dreadnought with tw lascannon and ccw
2 deathguard rhino doors sets

Should be here in the next couple of days ( i payed express and payed over phone to check availability)

I have Typhus already up and painted and with the above conversions I am expecting the 1st part of the list to run at around 800 pts.

This is just the beginning I am planning on building this army over the next few months / years into around 4000 pts

So if you guys have any advice on what units next I should be adding please feel free to add them. I am not adverse to adding more from the forge world website so you can include anything from there. 2 things I will be building are the Greater Nurgle Deamon and I also plan on making a plague reaper too. I open to doing much in the way of conversion work so please dont hold back

More marines / Rhinos are a given of course.

I have just finished 4000 pts of Ogre Kingdoms ( not a gnobler in sight)

This is my next project.

Wish me luck
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2008, 07:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: FW Death Guard Army

...a couple of days? Wow, aren't you the optimistic one. :P

I give it 3 weeks, minimum. This is Forge World we're talking about after all.

Anyway, I myself am a fan of the GD...even with the generalization in the new codex, they're nothing to scoff at for their points cost. You could buy a land raider for those termies, but with Typhus having the personal icon and all it isn't necessary. I just think they look awesome.

I'd buy a box of Death Guard havocs at least, if you don't get a land raider. Bikes seem popular, too.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2008, 16:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: FW Death Guard Army

Thanks for the input.

Although I wrote this post this morning I did infact place my order on monday. All except the terminator conversion parts arrived today.

Maybe its because I am uk based ?

Anyway again thanks for the info and will consider the bikes.

I am atm just waiting for the undercoat on my deathguard dread to dry then work begins
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote