Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"Making of" guide is missing
Old 24 May 2008, 04:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones
Default "Making of" guide is missing

Well I was looking at the united states website for games workshop and I noticed it has been given a complete over hall. Its confusing because its different but its very nice.

We I saw this article about the 2008 slayer sword challenge and I noticed it was for chaos terminator lords. Well I was very glad to see there was a tzeentch one well. But I was very disappointed that there is no making of guide for it.

Well I am about to start a tzeentch renegade space marines army and I want to have a terminator sorcerer to lead them and I wanted to base him of this guy. I was wandering if the friendly guys and gals and tau online could helpme out. I was wandering if you could all help me figure out how the maker would of constructed this guy. I am especially interested in how it did the flame like armour and the base.

I do apologies that this has been such a long post for such simple question.

Hoping to here from you soon
~RT
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2008, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Making of guide missing

Those are some awesome minis for the Slayer Sword Challenge. In fact, I liked the Nurgle one so much I'm going to be making a version of that one for my army.

As for ther Tzeentch one, that's probably the easiest as far as building simply because they isn't a lot altered from the original Terminator Lord model. There's some greenstuff on the armor and the cloak is altered from the original but that's pretty much it.

The base and armor just have alot of shading. To get an effect that good would be really unrealistic for a full army. These guys spends dozens of hours on a single mini to achieve these effects. If you want more specific advice on the painting techniques I can move this to the painting board or you can read up on the methods on sites like coolminiornot.

Here's a link to the Slayer Sword Challenge for anyone interested in taking a look.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2008, 05:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones
Default Re: Making of guide missing

Yeah they are really good models. Even though Tzeentch is way better than nurgle.

But what I meant about "how they did it" I meant constructing. Like how did he make the base and how did he model the armour.

thanks anyways on the quick responce.
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote