Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

gone nurgle - its now official
Old 22 May 2008, 20:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to shaso kunas
Default gone nurgle - its now official

I have officially gone nurgle now, thought I'd tell you guys and ask for any advice you had for me

my warband is going to be called 'the blessed' led by fillius the blessed. filliuses force consists mainly of the fourth company of the angels of wrath the fourth company turned mainly to nurgle when they were lent to pdf forces to combat rebels in harsh mountain conditions that the pdf couldn't handle.

fillius arived with two leutenants by drop pod and made contact with several squads seperatly while they were on perimiter patrols of the camp that the angels of wrath had set up to scan for the rebel base

fillius had two qualities that made nurgle choose him as one of his more favoured champions; ambition and, more importantly, pride. unlike many other nurgle champions (such as typhus host of the destroyer hive or foulspawn) fillius joined nurgle completely of his own free will and was not 'rewarded' with brain rotting deseases but with other things he had power over. things like morbidity and total imunity to pain and injury ;D. with his new ambitius commander leading the score of men who had survived the brutal civil war that fourth company was dragged through.

with these followers in tow he himself hid in the mountains cntacting the third and sixth companies in a similar manner and planning for thier joining him aswell . . .

I am only writing the fluff as i get the models so that i can kindav use them as a base for what i write and so that my army fits the background

as you may be able to tell i have two squads both of plague marines which i am forming into a 400 combat patrol army before going for a full 1500 point list. the combat patrol list is as follows;

TROOPS
6 plague marines, meltagun, aspiring champion with power weapon(fillius)
178 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines , 2 plasma guns
214 pts

this represents filliuses forces directly after them being formed.

my 1500 point list and photos of the models i have (hopefully) should come soon, please give nurgly conversion ideas and comments

kunas
shaso kunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2008, 22:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: gone nurgle - its now official

Nice, talk to Cadaver about any modeling or collecting questions. Because seriously, he will know ALL the answers.

Good fluff. The only thing I might recommend are using some of the new demon models. Maybe proxy a Beast of Nurgle for something? Just some ideas to further Nurglify your force. Nurglify.... hehe.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=54293.0

That link will lead you to the Gardens of Decay themselves, deep in the realm of Nurgle (actually,y it's just to Cadaver's really cool Death guard blog but they are very similar).

Old 23 May 2008, 18:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

here's the 1500 point list that i promised you ;D

HQ
fillius the blessed, count as typhus
225 pts

ELITES
5 chaos terminators, icon of nurgle, reaper autocannon, pair of lightning claws
225 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines, 2 meltaguns
204 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines, 2 plasma guns
214 pts

FAST ATTACK
4 chaos bikers, icon of nurgle, 2 meltaguns.
202 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
8 havocs, icon of nurgle, 4 heavy bolters.
230 pts

the biker mounted meltaguns provide a bit of anti tank which should work quickly (within 6" on 2nd or 3rd turn) while the reaper on the terminators should do something aswell. i plan to use the bikes in a purely anti tank role deploying them preferably were they can be supported by the havocs so that enemy infantry cannot get in the way as they tend to with bikes. the teminators are there more to be a visible threat than a functioning unit, doubling up as a bit of light anti tank with the reaper. they are using a lot of points but they can get them back tenfold if they ever get into CC and if they don't they will buy me time to get my plague marines into position for a rapid fire match supported by plasmas, flamers and meltas. other armies could easily outnumber these guys 5-1 but if i up the tempo by getting up close with special weapons i can play thier survivability against weapons of worse than S8, AP3 to the full. against orks or 'nids i would probably mount a counter charge using the plague marines as orks only wound plaguies on 6's when they don't charge while i wound back much more easily especially if i just stick it out and mash them with the terminators. the havocs are there to take out boyz or 'specificly nids

any comments would still be really good ;D

kunas
Old 25 May 2008, 06:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Using Typhus as your standard character may not be the best idea. He's a great character but he's also very expensive. I would replace him with a standard Lord or Sorcerer and use the points saved in other areas.

For the terminators, the lightning claws aren't really worth a single pair in my opinion. You are already going to have alot of power weapon attacks so you might benefit more from having a powerfist to deal with anything power weapons can't take care of.

Plaguemarines are great. Can't go wrong there. Maybe mount them up in rhinos if you're got the points.

Nurgle marked bikers are cool, the T6 is great, but they're damn expensive. I'm not saying don't take them but this shouldn't be your only form of anti tank in a 1,500 point list. One ordnance template can wipe them out in a single turn.

Which brings me to the havocs, unless you're facing lots of horde armies, you should probably drop or alter this unit. For the points you could add nearly 3 oblits(you could for sure if you change the HQ to a Lord) At the very least I would scale back this unit to maybe 5 strong and 2-3 HBs, depending on the points saved, and get at least 1 obliterator. Two if you can squeeze it in.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2008, 09:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'll make some tweaks to the list. typhus can go, replaced with a lord with power/maybe deamon weapon to be fillius now and one of the lesser leutenants later.

the terminators are there as a delivery system for fillius so i can butcher them to (although I'll be sorry to see them go :'()

I'll probably get a rhino for the meltaguners but i am trying to keep the cost of the army down to start with especially on things like rhinos which only take 1-2 days to make(the longer everything takes me to assemble the better - i'm at home at the moment with nothing else to do ;D)

hmmmm, for the anti tank I'll be putting the melta's in a rhino so they'll help. i might add some meltagun/cc gear chosen and infiltrate them with my lord. that should make a suitible fluffy bodygaurd for him as well as scupering tanks and monstrosities (maybe 2 melta's a flamer and a power fist - good against most types of CC troops with filliusses support and can butcher standard infantry or tanks. also if the enemy are coming to get me i can get in behind them)

i really don't like obliterators and they contradict the fluff of this army apart from in 5000pts+ so I'll rest on my bikes and possibly try and get something else in instead. i might spend the points on melta's mounted on plague marines and swamp them with near indestructable bodies, using a good handfull of spawn to tie up enemy squads in CC while the havocs shoot over them and the plaguies get into position to administer rapid fire death and the bikes get behind the line to whack the tanks.

i'll probably be keeping the plasma guns at the back lending anti MEQ fire support whiile the shorter range squads move to range for flamer/melta death. i might also swap the squads around a bit to have a melta each and a flamer each so that they can multitask a bit better.

I'll post the revised list when i finish it

kunas
Old 26 May 2008, 13:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Nice i was also thinking of going nurgle, I really like the plague bringer models and also the conversion possibilities are amazing.

Zanitz

98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature
Inquisitor Zanitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2008, 18:17   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Now with the Chaos Daemons out i have figured out into going into all four of the chaos gods minions.
I like to use Khorne for sweeping down enemy lines that have big armour saves (as bloodletters are all immune to instant death and have power weapons) :P
I prefer to use Slaneesh for the other enemy's that need sweeping down :P
With Tzeenth, like they are basically the only ranged units (proper range) that our a normal amount of points i use them as normal range, ofc :P
And Nurgle which are awesome at holding check points!
Old 28 May 2008, 09:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

just a quick update,

I'm struggling to do much to the list as it seems to come in 200 point blocks and refuse to be moved from them. I'll have a go at making fillius a lord(non termie, just for this list) and giving him a bodygaurd of standard plague marines with iether a flamer and a melta or two flamers or two meltas, haven't decided yet :P

I'd just like to remind everyone that this is CSM we are talking about and i have no plans on getting any deamons until apocalypse (quite a long way away from my 16 plague marines ;D)

edit: short of advice to the contrary from you lot I'm going to have a bash at getting a predator into this list, armed iether with just the top in lascannons or full whack las's I'd probably add some survivability upgrades (if there are any) and use it aggresively. every S8 weapon not aimed at my troops is a +

does anyone have any tips on nurglyfying tanks for beginers?
Old 28 May 2008, 20:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=54293.0

Page 3 shows a landraider. Seriously though, check this out and ask Cadaver about it. You won't regret it.
Old 28 May 2008, 20:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

nice

new army list (following rocomendations);

HQ
Chaos lord, mark of Nurgle, power weapon.
125 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines,2 flamers.
194 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines,flamer, meltagun.
199 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines,flamer, meltagun.
199 pts

TROOPS
8 plague marines,2 plasma guns.
214 pts

FAST ATTACK
4 chaos bikers,icon of nurgle, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion, power weapon.
232 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
chaos predator,twin-linked lascannon.
105 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
8 chaos havocs,mark of nurgle, 4 heavy bolters.
230 pts

the first plaguies are the bodygaurd for fillius. the list will be running towards sitting enemies for rapid fire and melta death and sitting towards running enemies with bolters. the plasma squad, predator and havocs are going to sit against anything and everything to provide tactical fire support.

please provide C&C

kunas