Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Daemons vs Eldar friendly with maps 1500 points
Old 19 May 2008, 09:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Daemons vs Eldar friendly with maps 1500 points

Here is the setting. 1500 points friendly. My mate plays eldar frequently, (more on this later) and this was my 1st battle using daemons. Mission is loot counters (purple dots on the maps)

Eldar list
HQ
ELdrad & yriell

Elites
5 Harlequins + Shadowseer
5 Harlequins
(Both transported by the Falcons)
6 Warp Spiders with Exarch and twin spinners

Troops
10 Guardians + Scatter Laser
10 Guardians + Scatter Laser

Heavy
Wraithlord Shuricannon and Scatter
Falcon Shuricannon (Full kitted)
Falcon Shuricannon (Full kitted)

My list

Hq
Bloodthirster
Masque and Skulltaker

Troops
10 pink horrors + Changeling + instrument + icon
10 Bloodletters + icon + instrument
10 Daemonettes + icon + instrument

Fast
4 Screamers
4 Screamers

Heavy
Soul grinder + Phlegm
Daemon prince + Daemonic gaze + unholy might + iron hide

Terrain:-

All terrain is ruins and buildings, giving 4+ cover save except a fence with a 5+ cover save. played on a 6ft*4ft table. Wind was blowing from the north east, temperature 20C in the shade, no rain reported

{{a small note on the maps, i have inverted the colours, i mean the red models are eldar, and the blue units are daemons}}

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 1[/glow]

Eldar turn 1. I get to choose who goes 1st. i gave my opponent the go ahead. He started by just moving his Falcons forward and that`s it. (since all my army arrives via deep strike, he had nothing to shoot at YET!)

Daemons turn 1. I split my list as follows. i chose the soul grinder to go 1st, to shoot at the guardians, missing to hit, the horrors were scattered quite close the enemy, opened fire on the guardians and killed 7 in cover! that was a grand boost! The Bloodthirster also scatterred, came out of cover nearly, ready to pounce in next turn, and the screamers were deployed on the other flank to munch at falcon 1.

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 2[/glow]

Eldar turn 2

Guardians 2 Fail their Leadership test and start falling back. Eldar start by casting their battle prayers. Eldrad dooms the horrors and guides the guardians left and wraithlord. Spiders jump forward to bear their guns.Falcon 2 and Wraithlord unload on the bloodthirster, killing him with shots that i save none of them! 2 Screamers killed by Falcon A, Harlequins FOF and are now 2" away from the horros and changeling. I clearly explain the Changeling rules in case the guardians wish to shoot the horrors. the guardians wish to take the risk and guess what, a 5 and a 6! i get to re-direct the guardians shooting in the harlequins, and above that, the guardians had the guide power on them. my opponent tought that the shuriken catapults were single shot weapons, but he was sooo wrong 5 dead harlequins, leaving just the shodowseer spiders pass the changeling`s test and kill 3 horrors. shadowseer assaults the horrors, and they hold their ground due to fearlessness.

Daemon`s Turn 2

Daemon Prince is brought from the bowells of the immaterium and scatters 7" , straight in the aims of the warp spiders, Soul grinder inches forward for the middle objective and misses to hit the guardians, Screamers make a go at the falcon 1 still fully laiden with the clowns and yriell, hoping to penetrate it with their jaws, but fail miserably to penetrate, only a 1 and a 2 on the dice, 2 more horros die to the elite shadowseer

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 3[/glow]

Eldar turn 3

Falcon B jets over, closer to the soul Grinder, the guardians come out of cover to bear down on the daemon prince with their scatter laser, the harlequins from Falcon 1 disembark and their falcon shoots the screamers, downing 1. Falcon 2 misses the Soul grinder, Damon porince gets blasted back to hell, without moving a single muscle, Warp spiders move back, loosing a comrade due to their 2nd jump rule, and 1 more hooror dies to the shadowseer, and the harlies eat the screamers. BORING!!

Daemons turn 3

Every thing left in the army shows up except the Masque. Daemonettes scatter out from behind the ruins, remaining screamers and the bloodletters and skulltaker hold their ground in preparation to assault Falcon 1. Horros (2 left) and the shadowseer dance about, looking at each other, studying and waiting

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 4[/glow]

Eldar turn 4

Prepare for carnage! Eldrad guides the Wraithlord to hush the now visible Daemonettes who are also doomed, Falcon 1 reloads his beloved Harlies and aims at the soul grinder`s back side, Warp spiders move forward to take a lucky dip at the Daemonettes too! Daemonettes all succumb to orchestrated shots by the aliens and soul grinder is silenced without even firing a shot! ascreamer is killed from the blast of the soul grinder`s explosion! the shadowseer comes to her senses and is killed by the 2 remining horrors. yippie

Daemon`s turn 4

The masque appears now. Sha forces the guardians to prance around, and are forced back, she also invites the warp spiders closer to the horrors, Screamers rush forwards, again for Falcon 1, bloodleters move closer to the Falcon,Horrors assault the warp spiders after killing a couple with their daemonic fire balls.

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 5[/glow]

Eldar turn 5

Not pretty much left at this point! The Falcon a unloads the harlies in the bloodletters squad and shoots the screamers, leaving 1 standing, and rushes to the north for the objective, Masque is saturated with monofilament discs by the trusty guardians, and the spiders hold their own vs the horros, harlequins kill all the bloodletters in range, leaving none to fight back. Pile in moves at this point.

Daemon`s turn 5

All my units are locked in combat, the horros loose their valiant fight for the ruinous powers, all bloodletters are engulfed by the speed at which the HArlies strike and so is skulltaker, enough hits were dealt by the artistic clowns that he is overwhelmed. khorn won`t be that happy today.

[glow=red,2,300]Turn 6[/glow]

Eldar turn 6

Last screamer is shot to smithereens, and battle is over

Battle toughts

Pink Horros are excellent at unloading $8it loads of shots the instant they land, with icons they can go miles, icons on the rest were a waist, harlies are stilll tough to beat in CC, still shaky in handling such an army. you`ll have to use cover a lot and advance from there. the ignored flank is one good tactic.

Let me know what you guys think so i can learn a couple of tricks here and there.

eldad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 09:34   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Daemons vs Eldar friendly with maps 1500 points

A lot of this sounds familiar... in a bad way.

"Yay! My awesome unit has arrived! Oh, it cannot move, shoot or assault this turn... and now I get to pack it away again in my opponent's turn. That was fun."

That, I feel, pretty much sums up your Bloodthirster and Daemon Prince's contribution to the battle. I think you'll agree it isn't exactly thrilling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 09:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

Aye, from the look of this the Daemons are extremely hit or miss. Either they are going to turn up in good order and sweep away the enemy in a wave of fanged nastyness or they'll turn up scattered all over the place and get torn apart piece by piece in short order.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 13:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Guess therein lies the challenge of playing Daemons... =P

My lists are a little more extreme in that aspect, but so far have proven to be quite succesful.
Old 19 May 2008, 16:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Your friends 'friendly' list happens to be pretty powerful. I mean, IMO, that list alone pretty much guarantees a loss with Daemons, unless you had got stupid luck.
Chimerical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2008, 14:20   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyven
Guess therein lies the challenge of playing Daemons... =P

My lists are a little more extreme in that aspect, but so far have proven to be quite succesful.
Would u b sooooo kind nto share this list?

eldad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2008, 21:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

eh, the skeleton would be 2x 10 plaguebearers w/ icon (instrument optional, don't bother with noxious touch), 10 Bloodletters (instrument, fury of khorne), then 1 or 2 units of Seekers and as another Icon unit 6 Bloodcrushers of Khorne. Finally you want harassers, I usually go with 2x 8 Nurgling bases and to balance those out 2 assaulty HQ's.

With FNP on the plaguebearers and the Iron Hide on the Bloodcrushers (+ the fact that they're a 12 wound unit), they're bound to survive the first turn of shooting so you can start popping daemons from those icons. The Nurglings don't have an icon but they have the talent of not dying. So what you use them for is locking shooty units in combat (such as heavy weapon platforms, etc) Don't be afraid to charge multiple units either, you want to block LoS and tie up as much as you can.

Ofcourse the Nurglings will eventually die out, by then though your other units should have arrived.

Using this tactic is risky, as it relies on your Nurgle units to arrive first, however so far (against Chaos and IG) it's proven to be quite succesful IF you do get that 3+ roll.
Old 21 May 2008, 05:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm pretty sure the Changeling only works against one enemy unit per round.
Old 22 May 2008, 09:47   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Its true, he does only work for one a round - but still, for 5pts hes mandatory! and horrors are in my opinion THE best icon bearers (though some prefer plaguebearers, i like the ability to clear the dropsite w/ warpfire )
Doomanddarkness is offline   Reply With Quote