Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Small Chaos army
Old 13 May 2008, 16:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman
Default Small Chaos army

I hav currently got a land raider, a khorne lord and 16 khorne beserkers for my choas army, and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what i should buy next. I would like it to be at least 1000pts yet remain under the boundry of £75. thanks to anyone who can help
Old 13 May 2008, 19:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Small Chaos army

Transports help Khorne out pretty well. The land raider would make an excellent points sink/transport.

Definitely get another box of basic beserkers for more troops, and maybe a tactical squad for some more shooty-ness. Obliterators are a good option for heavy support.

If you want to hit 1000 points easily, it isn't too hard to overprice your lord into a death dealing machine of destruction... >

Some of the new bloodletters would make excellent summoned demons if you wish to incorporate some of those. Otherwise, my main suggestion would be another box (or 2) of beserkers and maybe some rhinos. Terminators are always fun, but they run rather expensive and may not be in your best interest with your limitted budget.
Old 14 May 2008, 17:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

In a 1000 point army a land raider isn't necessarily th ebest choice. It looks big and nast yes, but it's also a quater of your points in one fell swoop if their anti-tank gets it, and with a land raider chances are they won't have many other targets. I would save that for 1500 points normally, but if you do choose you take it ten definatley go for some more bezerkers, if you can make 3 squads of them a lord and a land raider would probably make the 1000 points. If you however opt not not use the landraider then a dreadnaught would be a welcome addition as it will have combat ability and you could equip it to take out enemy tanks as well. Terminators alongside that would probalby fill up the points of a land raider (i'm doing this without my codex mind so I don't know for certain)

Hope that helped.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2008, 18:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman

Thanks a lot guys these are good suggestions and ill bear them in mind when creating my list
Old 14 May 2008, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I agree with Hadhfang the land raider would be a waste of a valuble 250pts,as the enemy would most likely target this first and possible destroy it on the first turn(it hurts when it happens i can assure you ).Not that i use land raiders much.