Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau vs. Daemons does anyone know anything?
Old 28 Apr 2008, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher
Default Tau vs. Daemons does anyone know anything?

Does anyone know what to do about Chaos Daemons http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk do=Individual&code=60110115001&orignav=10. http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...077&orignav=10
Should I be worried at all? What tactics should I use (I don't know any one who plays it), but It still bugs me. I believe if I ever faced them that numbers will be on my side. But, what makes me pea my pants is this guy http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...001&orignav=10. Is he a vehicle or a monstrous creature? They look like an assault army, but I'm not sure. So I hope they are not fast and I would like to just keep my distance. Here is the full list of units they have. I expect to face point heavy armies if I face them. Here is my fear list 1.) Fast units 2.) soulcrucher 3.)Greater Daemons 4.) Bloodkrusher of Khorne. Has anyone got the codex or knows enough about Daemons to tell me what I should do (when I come across them; either a newb who just saw the army or a Chaos vet. the latter scaring me)?
Old 28 Apr 2008, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau vs. Daemons does anyone know anything?

This should probably be asked on the Chaos Boards, since they most probably give you better descriptions of the various demonic units.

Furthermore, I would suggest you take a look into the Demon Codex - either buy one, or borrow one from a friend (or at least read it in a shop) - there`s no better way to understand an army than to read the rulebook yourself.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2008, 21:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher

I was just doing that (looking in rumor board and Chaos board). I won't go to any stores for a while so that is why I was asking. Got most of my questions answered. Is the bloodcrusher a vehicle or a monstrous creature that fact bothers me (please be a vehicle, by my railguns please be a vehicle)........
Old 29 Apr 2008, 01:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The bloodcrusher are the crazed rhinos of doom. Which AREN'T vehicles, just bloodthirsters of doom with a 3+ invulnerable save or something. The only vehicle is the soul grinder (Defiler from hell you had a link to).

They shouldn't be too bad, you have one turn of shooting to eliminate the closest threats. The key is to get rid of the fast moving ones, and then going from there. It seems that the force is not very mobile so some devilfishes to ferry your fire Warriors around. It shouldn't be too hard, I suppose, a unit or two of Kroot warriors to hold the demons is close combat should be enough for you to sneak away your more valuable fire warriors.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 02:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Of course, now that the Screamers have the ability to kill tanks, you might want to avoid Devilfishes... >

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2008, 02:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Or just make sure that you take down the screamers first. Mass firepower or high mobility would both work fairly well.
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2008, 06:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

As far as I can tell, Tau actually are pretty good against daemons. The 'killing blow' works wonders against deep strikers that try to get close to your lines. Tzeench daemons really are a threat; park your vehicles in the corners so that the str. 8 Bolts will need 5s to get through your armour, and make sure to spread out your infantry to make your opponent think twice about deep striking near you. After that, just take out the fast things one at a time.
Old 03 May 2008, 01:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I can see the Daemons wiping the floor with Tau (that's upsetting, believe me - my main army for 40K is Tau). Here's the thing - all Daemons deep strike all the time, meaning that CC Daemon armies (anything but Tzeentch) is going to hit you the turn after they come down (meaning turn 2, you'll get one turn to shoot them). Tzeentch can outgun you. Plaguebearers are tough to kill, Daemonettes are plentiful, and Bloodletters are strong enough that if any are left after you shoot them, they'll wipe the floor with you. Honestly, vehicles are the best way to go.

1) Because only Tzeentch can shoot. The other armies have to CC your tanks, meaning 6's to hit.

2) Tanks are the only way you'll outmaneouvre Daemons.

3) Hammerhead Submunition. Those deep-strikers will never know what hit 'em.

If you play mech, there's not much to be afraid of really. Only Screamers can really hurt you in CC (Besides Daemon Princes, Greater Daemons and Soulgrinders of course), and they still need 6's to hit. Things deep-strike, get the everliving crap blown out of them, and then stand around wondering what to do because your armor value is too high on the front, and they aren't quick enough to hit side or rear armor. Easy win, yes?

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 15:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, demons all deepstrike, and I mean ALL, though the good thing is, only half come at turn 1. However, this still promises a Turn 2 assault. Either way, this is the time where positioning is a large winning factor here, but even then, about 80% of daemons are assault crazy, and will wipe the floor with your troop's blood, the 20% that don't assault can even have you outgunned! Frankly, I think daemons will be a hard fight.

Harlequin2 8)
Making clowning around, a profession...
Harlequin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 15:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't bother with plasma rifles as all daemons have an invulnerable save and missile pods are cheaper.