Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Abaddon the Despoiler
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Abaddon the Despoiler

Here is some stuff about 40k's biggest bad guy.

[hr]

Abaddon the Despoiler

[hr]
Ezekyle Abaddon was the captain of the Luna Wolves’ First Company. He was a member of the Mournival, consisting of him, "Little Horus" Aximand, Garviel Loken and Tarik Torgaddon.

He was a charismatic captain, who was very obedient to Horus, the Warmaster. He was one of the ‘Sons of Horus’: marines who looked very similar to the Warmaster. Horus held close council with Abaddon, treating him like a son. In spirit, Abaddon was almost the Emperor’s grandson.

During this time, the Luna Wolves’ name was changed to the Sons of Horus.

[hr]

On Davin, when the Warmaster was injured, Abaddon took him to a healer, and it is during this time when he fell under the influence on Chaos, and became firmly aligned against the Emperor.

He lead many attacks against the Imperium, leading a squad of terminator armoured Sons of Horus Space Marines called "the Justaerin".

He stood by Horus’ side at the Siege of Terra, and witnessed the battle between Horus and the Emperor. Why he wasn’t killed by Rogal Dorn as the Primarch rescued the Emperor is a mystery, but he survived.

[hr]

He tore Horus’ Talon from the Warmaster’s armour, and fused it into his own. He now wears it in battle. He then took the Warmaster’s ship (the Vengeful Spirit) and fled, destroying worlds as he passed them. He ended up the Eye of Terror.

The Chaos forces began to fight each other. The Sons of Horus looked to the Warmaster’s corpse for guidance and prayed to it, but it was stolen by the Emperor’s Children. Abaddon led an attack, killing every member of the Emperor’s Children they could find, and destroying the Warmaster’s corpse.

Abaddon now changed the Sons of Horus’ name to the Black Legion.

[hr]

He now leads the Black Legion in ‘Black Crusades’ against the Imperium. Each has been beaten back, but last attack allowed him to seize the Planet Killer and a Blackstone Fortress, and leave Cadia destroyed.

A team of Assassins was sent to kill his Chosen Captains, but were somehow found out and killed.

[hr]

Thanks,

Songblade

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 12:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Abaddon the Despoiler

Quite a nice overview but think about adding in a few explanatory pieces. For example, why did Abaddon rename the chapter to the Black Legion?

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 20:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm digging up some background on the Black Legion, so I'll expand this at some point.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 00:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Actually if I recall correctly your all wrong.

The Sons of Horus were renamed the Black Legion when they lost the body of Horus and Abaddon went berserk and destroyed it, taking command of the legion and forcing some order and discipline back into it and welding it into an effective army once again and began launching his Black Crusades.

Just as Horus renamed the Legion as a symbol of it's change in direction and focus, so too did Ezekiel when he wanted to bring the Legion back out of it's slump following Horus' death. Tell ya what I'll look it up... ahah here it is from the Luna Wolves/Black Legion Index Astartes:

"Abaddon knew that the memory of the Warmaster shackled his Legion to the failures of the past, so his first edicts renounced the name of Horus and the ancient title of the Legion. Taking their last surviving battle barge, he led them in a lightning raid that destroyed the Warmaster's body and the whole cloning laboratory complex. For this action and in every subsequent sighting, each Space Marine's armour was painted black. Since this time, Abaddon's 'Black Legion' has raided the Imperium, sowing havoc and misery on every world it attacks."

There, that should remove all doubt.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 01:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree
Now I think I'm going to be stubbron and go with my theory.

After all Index Astatres can't pooibly be a canonical source right? ;D
Actually the Index Astartes is official material, and it's not just that it's in the Horus Heresy series, Collected visions, short stories on the Black Legion and more.

Being stubborn to be stubborn is not acceptable, and neither is your state of grammer. After all what on earth is "pooibly"? Neither is it acceptable to say your right because you think you should be. This is a forum for serious debate and discussion and validity of facts and citing of evidence is critical. If you don't have valid proof for your theory then it's not valid. Besides saying the change was made because Abaddon thought black was "cool" or "evil" and "badarse" is not exactly a strong theory to begin with.

Also truthliness is not a word.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 14:40   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The one question everyone wants answering is "Why is this Emo Poser still alive?"

Abaddon is the least-impressive Chaos Lord I have ever encountered. Take Archaon, his Fantasy-equivalent; Archaon is a bad-ass who fought his way up from nothing, killed everything that stood in his way, and got to the top of the heap by building an even bigger heap of Skulls next to it.

Abaddon? He launches thirteen Black Crusades, which all fail, he goes off on delusional rants about how Horus was "weak" and "a fool", despite the fact that where it not for Horus, Abaddon would be dead more times than Kenny. He's a rather sad and often moronic figurehead of Chaos, who fails to inspire the way Typhus, Kharn and the like do.

Anyway, rant over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote