Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

MY BEAUTIFUL LOST AND DAMNED!!! NOOOOO...
Old 11 Mar 2008, 14:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default MY BEAUTIFUL LOST AND DAMNED!!! NOOOOO...

What am I to do with my mutants, guard, marines, and other varied troops? Why GW, why?
Old 11 Mar 2008, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: MY BEAUTIFUL LOST AND DAMNED!!! NOOOOO...

APOCALYPSE LOL.

Er. Siege of Vraks, maybe?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 15:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

I, too, feel your pain...
I had an army of mutants on discs of tzeentch, about 60 of them _

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 15:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lost and Damned was easily the most popular army in my gaming group, after one of the more popular members Tuna Fortuna (runs cybertunagamers.com) held a "Paint my minis" party where he bought a bunch of paints, gave away free prizes including his bitz box, and otherwise made painting another guy's army fun. He was a Tzeentch player at heart, and he had the best story for that.

"So at first my mind is initially set on Tzeentch but then I look at the Books of Chaos...at first I see Khorne, a guy with a big skull helmet...I didn't like so then I moved on. Then I saw Nurgle...worshipping a god that makes my skin fall off wasn't for me so I moved on...then I saw Slanessh...with the weird guy with an eye where his boob should be...IN SOVIET RUSSIA BOOB LOOK AT YOU. Then there was Tzeentch. A warrior-mage respendent in ornate shiny armor, a warp-vortex in the background. I was sold"

At the moment he's thinking of using Orks to represent his mass of mutants as otherwise he's pretty short on options. For his defilers and possessed and other units...I dunno.

In my case, I played a more Traitor-based army, with lots of infiltrating doom and boom...so I'm lost on that regard.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 15:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Heya,

For now, there's only Apocalypse. So long as you play 3,000 points, your Mutants are still there doing what they always did.

However, don't fret too much. There are more books on the way. And we may yet still get another option in one of the next books for some kind of swarm unit, which the Mutants will nicely represent.

Alternatively, just keep playing Lost and the Damned. It's not like there's GW police out there coming to your games to say "NOOOoo You Cannnot doooo thisssss!" It's a game. Play it how people will let you. If you're having issues with the new Chaos codex for the things you draw from it for the Damned, just sub them in and work it out with your friends/opponents. Why drop hundreds of dollars of models because of a book change? Screw GW's idea of what is legal and not. You're the gamer. Game your way.

Very best,