Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Word Bearers Splinter Chapter "The Scribes"
Old 27 Feb 2008, 12:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default Word Bearers Splinter Chapter "The Scribes"

OK here is the thing. 8)

i have started my chaos army and decided to make my own chapter. now i liked the idea of the word bearers mission to take the voice of chaos to the stars so i decided they would be a good starting point.

my Scribes are basically word bearers that have dedicated to the voice of Khorne >. the problem i am having is giving them some flavour text to go with the army. could anyone give me some idea's? thanks
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 22:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Word Bearers Splinter Chapter "The Scribes"

Well you call them the scribes... maybe they are trying to write 'The Book of Khorne'. Or maybe they already have. Perhaps the Daemonically possessed copies find their own ways to travel around and start cults. Common themes int he army could be pages lying on the bases of the models. HQs holding books with screamign faces on the covers.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 23:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't you think "The Scribes" is a bit...Mild for an army dedicated to the Blood God?

Anyways, I envision lots of Impurity Seals on them and prayers to their god. Its kind of hard to know what you want with such a gaunt description. Unless you want us to completely make your army up for you, I suggest giving us some basic outlines and we can help you fill in the details.

Good luck!
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 12:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

ok i guess i should give some more description to my chapter. and for names perhaps "The Blood Reavers"

well they are going to carrying lots of books on the models. i thought that there chapter planet could be called something like Castarni.

for background they where trapped on a imperial world by a warpstorm and had to resort to worshipping Khorne who was readily offering to save them. in the process they become vigourous worshipers of the blood god and dedicated blood writen books of their great victories and banners depicting disemboulment of space marines.

does this sound like a good starting point?
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's a good starting point and I like the name Blood Reavers alot better the the Scribes. It's definitely a more suitable name for a chaos army, especially a Khorne dedicated one.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 20:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Also, for future refference, don't use the word "chapter" unless talking about marines that became renegades after the Horus Heresy. Warband is the right term.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok, scribes on its own is kind of weak. But you could change it to the "Scribes of Lorgar" and give them a background of having been the ones who compiled his "Book of Lorgar" and they've gone off to spread the word in their own way.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Abaddon the despoiler

What about BLOOD SCRIBES OF KHORNE?
Abaddon the despoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 00:22   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

the unholy tomes of khorne shall be written with blood. blood of both friend and foe alike. for the blood god cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it does.
LUSK is offline   Reply With Quote