Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Word Bearers
Old 27 Feb 2008, 12:33   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Word Bearers

Okay actually i planned to get a SM army after my DH and IG. But after I seen Crisis's Death Guard. I keep thinking, thinking and thinking. Bulging muscled, daemon possessed marines would be more awesome. Screw SM!

Anyway, just a few questions on Word Bearers and their appearance. Seeing Crisis's Death Guard, I thought could do the same thing (Bulging uniguely designed). So, if I make my CMS like Crisis's (without the pimples, rot etc. Just the muscle and mutations) but as Word Bearers would be..uhm..plausible? Daemonic possession, mutation etc etc etc.

Also, I thought of taking Khrone Berserkers, would it be plausible to have mutations or something like making them more muscular?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 13:25   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Word Bearers

Well, Aren't you a fickle thing. But since you have heard the voice of Chaos, I say welcome.

Anyway, for starters Word Bearers are one of the most fanatical and zealous of all Chaos Space marines (Kinda like you Zen Ai), worshiping the Pantheon of Chaos.

They are also infamous for daemon-summoning, using them as meat shields and also shock troops. They are also known for their utter imbalanced composition of their force, for they follow the words of the Dark Apostle, which are actually Evil Chaplains. If the Chaplains believes that they do not need any anti-tank, they will indeed follow the Dark Apostle's words. They are fanatics through and through.and the only way to stop them is to kill every damn one of them.

They are also very accepting of Daemon Possession, for they believed that those Space Marines that are possessed are way superior to normal Chaos Space Marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 13:36   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

So mutations, bulging muscles, skins fusing to power armor, disproportional legs, arms etc? Thing is does the Khorne Berserkers of the Word Bearers are more accepting of mutations?
Old 27 Feb 2008, 13:42   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Zen Ai
So mutations, bulging muscles, skins fusing to power armor, disproportional legs, arms etc? Thing is does the Khorne Berserkers of the Word Bearers are more accepting of mutations?
Khorne Berserkers are usually from the World eaters legion, so practically they are rarely seen together with Word Bearers. However, there are instances where the Dark Apostle either hire the Khorne Berserkers or killed their leader, thus taking over. In addition, any mutation that helps in spilling more blood for the blood god is okay with Khorne Berserkers.

But to be honest, I say you can use 'count-as' models for representing Khorne Berserkers in a Word Bearers army. You can always say that they are the most zealous of the Word bearers and prefer to rip their opponents part than to shoot them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 13:50   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Hmm then I can forget about them :P Because I thought I buy the Tactical Squad set then get the plasma guns for my IG then convert them into GKs then use the rest for my CMS.