Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about chosen
Old 20 Feb 2008, 21:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Question about chosen

if i have a aspiring Champion in a chosen squad does he count as one of the four models that can change for a power weapon? this would help me a lot thinking about adding some chosen and was just wondering
Old 20 Feb 2008, 23:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Question about chosen

No he gets his own equipment from the armoury so you can still have 4 power weapons but i have to say chosen are a waste better off with terminators.
That Phyco Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 03:42   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i wasn't going to use five power weapons in a squad although that would be interesting i was just planing to give the other guys plasma ext. o i have another question to ask: would i use the Aspiring Champion's upgrade options for the normal chaos space marine squad because the Chosen Aspiring Champion upgrade options are not listed?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Khalastas

Yes, it would be the regular pricing.

Thanks,
-Khalastas
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

The upgrade to an asp champ for a chosen squad just gives +1 attack to one chosen, he doesn't get a seperate armoury like asp champs in other squads gets. He can take a special weapon and you can still have 4 power weapons or somethingl ike that.

If you have to upgrade a chosen to an asp champ, the best bet would be for a greater daemon to pop out of it close to the enemy (being infiltrators and all), but honestly, there are cheaper ways of getting a greater daemon on the board
adreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 12:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreal
If you have to upgrade a chosen to an asp champ, the best bet would be for a greater daemon to pop out of it close to the enemy (being infiltrators and all), but honestly, there are cheaper ways of getting a greater daemon on the board
Actually, IIRC, the aspiring champion of a squad of chosen is the cheapest aspiring champion in the codex. I think they ARE the best vessels for a greater daemon. But I digress.

With respect to the question: There is no common 'armoury' like their was in the previous codex. You can only upgrade squads with the option available directly under their entry.

So if you were to use all of the available options you could get: 5 special weapons; 1 heavy weapon and 4 special weapons; 1 heavy or special weapons and 4 upgraded CC weapons. You can't get 5 upgraded CC weapons, 4 is the max.

And you could make any one of the models an aspiring champion. Obviously, in order to take advantage of the +1 attack, that would only make sense for a model with an upgraded CC weapon.
Chimerical is offline   Reply With Quote