Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator lord... On bike? :D
Reply
Old 09 Feb 2008, 19:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 3,941
Default Terminator lord... On bike? :D

I was reading a post on here, and sparked an idea. It says in the codex, under options, that a chaos lord can have a bike for 30pts. It also says that a lord can swap all his wargear for terminator armor. Does this mean the equipment listed under "Wargear" or all the wargear you choose for it, including the ones listed under "options"? Because if it only includes the wargear listed under "wargear" Then effectively, couldn't you have a lord in terminator armor on a bike? I'm pretty sure you cant, but just wanted to ask you knowledgeable lot here at TO ;D

There will probably be a linked topic in the conversions section soon, because i want to model a Lord on a bike, anyway and need a few questions...
__________________
(C:/Dos)
(C:/Dos/Run)
(Run, Dos, Run!)
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 19:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 804
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgum
I was reading a post on here, and sparked an idea. It says in the codex, under options, that a chaos lord can have a bike for 30pts. It also says that a lord can swap all his wargear for terminator armor. Does this mean the equipment listed under "Wargear" or all the wargear you choose for it, including the ones listed under "options"? Because if it only includes the wargear listed under "wargear" Then effectively, couldn't you have a lord in terminator armor on a bike? I'm pretty sure you cant, but just wanted to ask you knowledgeable lot here at TO ;D
No you can't. The Codex states that when you purchase Terminator Armour, it replaces all the Chaos Lord's wargear. Besides it would look ridiculous anyway... :huh:

I don't want to sound nasty, but this is a totally pointless topic... :-\
Cyberdude! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 19:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 3,941
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

Hmm, yes, you do sound nasty.... but this is also a pointless topic....

But i don't agree that it wouldn't look good, i think it would look really cool ^^
__________________
(C:/Dos)
(C:/Dos/Run)
(Run, Dos, Run!)
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 804
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgum
Hmm, yes, you do sound nasty....
Hence the reason why I forewarned you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgum
But i don't agree that it wouldn't look good, i think it would look really cool ^^
Seriously? The weight of the Terminator Armour would cripple the bike! Just picture a 40 stone obese guy riding a bicycle and you'll soon understand that not even the Champions of Chaos can escape the bitch that is gravity. :P
Cyberdude! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2008, 19:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,554
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

Same argument as the Ork shoota Nob with power klaw. Words mean what they mean. If he swaps he doesn't have what he gave up, but it goes further, they list what he gets at the end. Combi-bolter is on that list, bike isn't.
__________________
Friends don't let friends Jump Shoot Jump.
40kenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2008, 09:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: mullion,cornwall
Posts: 273
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

Btw can somebody XX taht points cost please? thankyou.
__________________
(?)-(?)

Quote from Bubgum: ... BrassDaemon isn't that stupid
Oh I assure you Bubgum I am

My instinct of selr-preservastion say: RUN! RUN AWAY!.... But I think my curiosity will win... AGAIn- quote Cmdrbonesaw
Brassdeamon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2008, 18:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hemel Hempstead England
Posts: 132
Default Re: Terminator lord... On bike? :D

ha thats the worst blag iv ever heard!
__________________
let me in its cold and theres wolves after me.

theres nothing in the dark angels codex that cant be done better in the space marine codex
wolfmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nurgle Terminator Lord Lord Scythican Conversion 4 09 Nov 2009 12:14
WIP Nurgle Terminator Lord Aquila_XV8 Painting 4 12 Nov 2007 10:57
Commander with Terminator Armour and Bike spideyscott Space Marines 5 13 Sep 2007 22:12
New Terminator Lord General Stupidity Forces of Chaos 9 16 Jul 2006 07:27
Chaos Lord on bike w/ 2 CCWs IDontPlayTau Forces of Chaos 4 21 Jul 2005 23:55