Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

2 chaos questions, please...
Reply
Old 02 Feb 2008, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 3,941
Default 2 chaos questions, please...

Hey ;D

I have 2 questions about chaos... :P

1. Could i use a chaos lord dedicated to a single god (E.g Typhus, or Lucius the eternal) in a black legion army?

2. If Abbadon the despoiler is so special, and loved by the gods, then why haven't they made him a daemon prince, yet?

Thanks. ;D

__________________
(C:/Dos)
(C:/Dos/Run)
(Run, Dos, Run!)
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgum
Hey ;D

I have 2 questions about chaos... :P

1. Could i use a chaos lord dedicated to a single god (E.g Typhus, or Lucius the eternal) in a black legion army?

2. If Abbadon the despoiler is so special, and loved by the gods, then why haven't they made him a daemon prince, yet?

Thanks. ;D


1. Yes

2. He chooses not to be.
__________________
Necron Battle Challenge Blog, Check it out!
Diplomacy Game thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

I think they said somewhere that Abaddon doesn't want to be a daemon prince until he has fulfilled his mission and broken the Imperium. Just a bit of flavour as to why he chooses not to be
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 16:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 3,941
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

Oh ^^ But wouldn't he fulfill his mission to destroy the Imperium faster if he became a daemon prince? :
__________________
(C:/Dos)
(C:/Dos/Run)
(Run, Dos, Run!)
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 16:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 850
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgum
Oh ^^ But wouldn't he fulfill his mission to destroy the Imperium faster if he became a daemon prince? :
I suppose he think Daemon Princes tend to lose touch with reality after a while. Well, I do think so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiznti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 17:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

It's probably a pride thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 18:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,933
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

YOu never want to feel like your used, only that your using others.

He realizes that there`s a catch with the chaos gods. In addition if Horus didnt commit himself to such a level of daemonic stature, Abaddon would look foolish for accepting it, when in reality he probably kicks some mean ass.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 13:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 683
Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

Maybe he doesnt want the gods of Chaos to make him a pawn, remember Horus never saw himself this way, he wanted to believe he was doing the right thing by preventing the emperor from becoming a god.
__________________
33rd Sirican Redbacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 06:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,039
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

He has been offered to become a Demon Prince 13 times but has always turned it down. Probably because Demons are weak and unstable outside the Warp. Thus, he would probably weaken himself as his real world conquest of the Imperium continued should he ever succeed in truly shattering resistance, until he is so faded victory once more slips from his grasp.
__________________
Space Marines may be lauded as the ultimate warriors, but it takes a real man to walk with carapace armor and a hell guninto battle, then do their job for them without any genetic hoo-ha
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2008, 20:29   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: mccomb ms usa
Posts: 8
Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Cyrus
Default Re: 2 chaos questions, please...

well i think hehas turned it down because he believes(knows?) he is all powerful now and he will rule gods of chaos not become one of their pawns..... he IS the man.....uh.... superman...... uh .... he is the scourge of all weakness in the galaxy(let the galaxy burn!!!!)
__________________
When there's no more room in hell........ the dead will walk the earth....
Lord Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaos Daemons Questions Akaiyou Chaos Daemons 3 19 Oct 2009 08:33
Chaos Dogs War Questions MagicJuggler The Warhammer World 4 12 Mar 2008 14:38
Some questions on Chaos and others. Krell 40K Universe 3 23 Apr 2007 13:54
More Chaos fluff questions. Oniyoh 40K Universe 9 17 May 2006 00:54