Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

rapid fire and terminators
Old 14 Jan 2008, 19:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default rapid fire and terminators

The rules for terminator armor is that they can fire rapid fire weapons and still charge in. However can terminators move and fire rapid fire weapons and still take the stationary rapid fire option, in other words can I move my terminators and still fire the 24' with their bolters?
Old 14 Jan 2008, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: rapid fire and terminators

Yes, in short your Terminators can move, shoot, and assault with any weapon they take.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 22:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

its wierd, but heres how it goes.

You may move, fire heavy weapons, without penalty as such. But if you rapid fired you couldnt assault.

(its wierd because you can fire heavy weapons, then assault, but not rapid fire then assault.)

you would be entitled to the 24 inches granted if you moved. Your practicaly a gun platform in theory.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 02:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Pepsi, are you sure about that? I know that Terminators can move and still shoot practically any weapon they can get their hands on, but I believe that they can still only assault if they shot Assault weapons only...I am just going by the rules concerning the different weapon types.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated ???
davidgr33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 04:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chaos Terminator Armour rules say that they may assault even after firing Heavy and Rapid fire Weapons(The latter was not in the loyalist entry), I do not know if this entitles them to fire a full 24" ala crisis suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 05:17   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well I think it would make sense that they can still fire the normal 24 even after moving because they basically fire heavy weapons as if they didnt move.

Does it say anything in the loyalist codex about this they should have the same rules with firing and movement.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 17:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Page 36 of the warhammer main rulebook gives you the information on firing rapid fire weapons and then assaulting:

Note: Some rare units always count as stationary when firing rapid fire weapons and some units can move and fire heavy weapons. Such units can charge after firing.

Bikes, Terminators, Slow and Purposeful units, and vehicles are all examples of this.

The Chaos Codex entry for terminator armor says that Terminators can move and fire heavy weapons. It also states that they can fire rapid fire weapons or heavy weapons and still assault.

So the answer to your question would be:

If terminators move, they count as moving for purposes of Rapid Fire weapons, but not for heavy weapons. So a 3-man chaos terminator squad with one reaper-autocannon could move, the autocannon could fire (as if the unit hadn't moved), and the two other terminators could fire their twin-linked bolters twice at 12".
Old 16 Jan 2008, 06:16   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Some rare units always count as stationary when firing rapid fire weapons and some units can move and fire heavy weapons. Such units can charge after firing.

Bikes, Terminators, Slow and Purposeful units, and vehicles are all examples of this.
Im not quite clear on the fine print here does the last sentance of this quote refer to the whole statement because if it does then it could be understood that a terminator is one of these "rare" units that always count as stationary in which case they could fire at the normal 24' range even after moving.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 06:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

terminator armor is terminator armor, whether it be loyalist or chaos, both can move, fire, then assault. Granted of course they met the rule criteria.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2008, 11:30   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The fact that they can assault is clear after firing any weapon is clear pepsi the problem is can they fire their bolter at the normal 24' range and even after moving.