Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can we still field Imperial Tanks?
Old 13 Jan 2008, 11:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to weston_2k7
Default Can we still field Imperial Tanks?

Hi. I field a 3500 Point khorne army but i only have 1 tank-a defiler. Anyway the other day i was thinking I could do with some more tanks for added firepower in the form of tanks and was flicking through the CSM codex when i thought what about an Imperial tank. Different people that i asked said different things . So i was just wondering what you guys thought? Thanks alot.
weston_2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:14   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Can we still field Imperial Tanks?

Nothin'. At least, nothing that isn't in the Codex. We get Rhinos, Predators, Land Raiders, and Vindicators, and at the moment, those are all the tanks we can field.

I was wondering about that Vindicator, though. It's a new addition to the roster, previously only Iron Warriors could use them. It looks rather enticing for the fact that it can blow some exceptionally massive holes in things. I'm thinking of getting one.

As for a Khornate army, what'd be 'fluffy' is to stick with Rhinos for troop transports, and maybe in larger games a Land Raider to cart around any Terminators. I can't see them fancying the lobbing of ordnance much over getting up close and personal (though the aforementioned Vindicator does come close).

One note, though: You are obliged, by the edicts of the Blood God, to utilize the ENTIRE vehicle accessories sprue in assembling these things. If you can't potentially lacerate yourself upon picking up the model, Khorne will not be impressed.
Aseran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

read the codex! :'( :'( :'(

theres nothing in the dark angels codex that cant be done better in the space marine codex
wolfmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:33   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to weston_2k7

OK Thank very much. I was Just a bit confused by what somebody said. It is a shame thought that we cant field Crusaders and stuff i mean we are effectively spacemarines after all
weston_2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmother
read the codex! :'( :'( :'(
not the most usefull of answers, but as Aesaran said: Any tanks in the codex can be used and I dont think the vidicator is just for iron warriors.

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by weston_2k7
OK Thank very much. I was Just a bit confused by what somebody said. It is a shame thought that we cant field Crusaders and stuff i mean we are effectively spacemarines after all
No, unfortunately we can't - in a standard game anyway. I admit I'm using a modified Land Raider Crusader for my Slaanesh Terminators (with somic weaponry!), but it is actually a completely new, house-ruled unit.
Of course, in Apocalypse you can use whatever bloody thing you wanted, including Carnifexes and Monoliths, if you can fluffily justify their use in your army.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote