Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex Daemons: Best thing that ever happened or overrated beyond belief?
Old 12 Jan 2008, 19:20   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Codex Daemons: Best thing that ever happened or overrated beyond belief?

With the new Daemon codex coming out soon, I feel that for some reason that for all the hype, it is not really that special save that your whole army consist of Daemons. For that, I think that it is a little overrated.

What do you guys think about the new Daemons codex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 19:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Re: Codex Daemons: Best thing that ever happened or overrated beyond belief?

I think it sounds retarded, myself. Just the concept, given what I know about them.

But I'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Might actually be pretty cool, after all. Never know.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 20:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Codex Daemons: Best thing that ever happened or overrated beyond belief?

i cant wait there gonna rock your sox

and you cant complain about them expanding on the chaos codex even if your not doing the army

theres nothing in the dark angels codex that cant be done better in the space marine codex
wolfmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 20:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's got nothing to do with that. I just don't see enough variety among daemonfolk to make an interesting codex. I'm afraid it'll end up like Necrons or something.

But like I said; I don't know that, so I'll have to wait and see...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 12 Jan 2008, 20:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmother

and you cant complain about them expanding on the chaos codex even if your not doing the army
you can't combine the CSM codex with the deamon codex. I personally have been very excited for this codex to come out! Although i love the idea i am a little skeptical, i think the army will be totally worth it if they make new plastics for almost everything, or at least most of the models and some metal figures.

If they just do the lesser deamons and not do the deamon prince or make the heralds look like crap i will be serverly dissapointed! i mean they have most of the rules already done!(talking about the rules for deamonettes and bloodletters and the like) they better make some models!

Deamon hunters players are going to have a field day with this army!
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think it's only natural there is hype about it - just how often do you see a completely new codex out? As for the army itself, I think it might be fun to lead legions of Hell against pretty much everything on this side of the Cadian gate.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

agreed! although i kinda wish GW came out with some new kinds of deamons for each deamon like some terminator like elite choice for each god..

april needs to get here sooner!
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 23:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am extremely excited about the new Demon Codex. I've always loved demons, this will give me an excuse to increase my Tzeentch Demon horde even further!
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 23:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

I was excited... and then I found out that I can't field them as part of my CSM army. Now I don't care.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 23:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not even as allies? :huh: