Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Khorne Army: Conversions/army list/deamon codex predictions
Old 07 Jan 2008, 13:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Khorne Army: Conversions/army list/deamon codex predictions

Hello everybody! i'm really exicted about the Codex Deamonica to come out and im gettting a little anxious. I decided that i really like Khorne after much debating with myself as to which god represents me best. So untill Codex Deamonica comes out i want to start a small CSM army. its a chaos warband that is going to have a lot of deamons in it. I have some ideas that i want to throw out there and see if they fit "khorne" well. My Store has everything %15 off by the way.

Using Either ogre ironguts or bulls, the only reason i am considering using these is because my store is getting rid of thier fantasy stuff and they have one of those 2 box sets for like $17 so i figured that is a great deal and i could use them for something. Maybe for some sort of "bigger" deamons in the deamon codex

The Balrog from the lord of the rings minatures range. I was thinking of using this guy as a deamon prince. Or a bloodthirster.

I'm not sure if i want to use khorne bezerker models. I dont plan on using them as bezerkers but the helmets and chainaxes are pretty cool and you get 12 for $30 and its %15 off so i think it might be worth it.

I was considering using Chaos spawns some dude at my store suggested either getting 3 or 6 but unforunatly you cant just buy 3, from what i have heard on here chaos spawns can suck pretty bad. But the extra bits might help with some conversions.

As of right now all i have is 20 space marines all unassembled. i have about $80 and i have to spend it soon
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 13:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Khorne Army: Conversions/army list/deamon codex predictions

What are you going to use the Ogres for? Terminators?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 14:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

im thinking maybe chaos spawns, or when the deamon codex comes out some sort of bigger deamon. possibly a deamon prince or Greater Deamon. Would they work as termiantors?
Old 07 Jan 2008, 14:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I was thinking to their size. Depends how you convert them. If you gave them armour and guns and such and the rest of the army continued the theme, I'd let you use them as Terminators.

They're not really daemonic enough to be daemons or spawn, IMO...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 19:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't get the ogres. Just because it's a good deal doesn't mean you should buy it. Get something that actually works with the army you are building. Same goes for Spawn. They are good for conversions but not really for a Khorne army. Khorne doesn't really have mutations, at least not to the extent of tentacles and similar stuff you get in the spawn box.

Do get the bersekers. even if you don't use them as berserkers you can kit bash them with regular CSMs and have some cool looking Khorne troops. Balrog is a good model but I think is almost as expensive as a Bloodthristers and more than a Daemon prince. That's your choice though.

If you want terminators buy the new plastics. They are superb models IMO and aren't too expensive with the discount you get. I would bits order some lightning claws and equip the whole squad that way. Terminators with MoK and lightning claws are downright deadly.

Wait to purchase any bloodletters, the new models are so much cooler and will be out in about 3 months.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 23:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

using the balrog as a daemon prince is great because it looks great and you dont have to model wings >(stupid wings)> it also doubles as a generic greater daemon(looks kick ass to).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2008, 02:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Heya,

Check out the Chaos Warrior models. They're awesome for marine conversions and come with tons of bits for making icons and stuff too. The Helms & Capes are totally more awesome than 40k zerkers are.

And I actually love the Ogre models. They're super for making near anything in Chaos. Largely enjoyed making Spawn out of them for the Damned. But they're perfect for making all kinds of stuff--home made obliterators, you name it.

Cheers,
Old 08 Jan 2008, 12:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

response to ogres: i wouldnt plan on using them as terminators, if i were going to use terminators i would use terminators :P the models look totally badass.

Response to Balrog: yup definatly getting this, either using it as deamon prince or greaer deamon.

i agree with malveaux with the chaos warriors from fantasy! they do look really cool.... unfornatly i dont think i can get ahold of them because like i said my store is getting rid of their fantasy stuff and they never really had that much stuff to begin with... so i dont think i can get any unless i special order...

i also agree with cadaver with the new bloodletter models they do look badass and i am definatly getting some....

well i am going to the store today so i will post what i got later!

Old 08 Jan 2008, 14:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Heya,

Also check out that new Chaos daemon prince. I forget his name. He came out in the lastest campaign book if I remember correctly. He's all kinds of awesome, with that sword & wings.

Also note, if it matters, LOTR models are not considered legal in GW events for 40k. Your Barlog for example is not going to be a legal 40k prince in a sanctioned event. It's stupid, since all GW models are supposed to be acceptable, but they made that silly call early on with LOTR for some stupid money reason no doubt.

Cheers,
Old 08 Jan 2008, 14:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

well then i might just get a freak'in bloodthirster then :P

on the subject of deamon princes what do you(you as in anyone who responds) use as a deamon prince? i kinda enjoy the deamon prince model they have right now but i would kinda like to make a custom one!