Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

looking to expand my infantry army.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 02:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default looking to expand my infantry army.

well here we are and the name says it all...
im heading down to the states some time in the near future because the canadian dollar is strong right now and im looking to expand my force as well as pick up the new codex.

well here is what i have managed to salvage from the ruins of my old army

25 CSM's
12 khorne zerks
1 land raider
1 rhino
3 bikers
1 chaos sorcerer

Im looking to pick up probably some terminators a lord with jump pack and some raptors (and the new codex of course) just wondering here if that will be a good decision for my new army and what else i could add on here.(ill have 400 something dollars to spend).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2007, 11:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: looking to expand my infantry army.

Well... do you have a theme in mind for your army, or will this be just for tournaments? The answer should influence your decision.

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2007, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

this is kinda gonna be a fun army to play with and im writing the fluff right now for them their called "The Lost Ones" it involves loyalist marines gone traitor they end up on Medusa V right before the warp storm descends upon it after a disastrous warp gate incident from there they manage to steal an Ork Space hulk they drift back to the eye of terror but are repelled as outcasts and now wander through space raiding planets for equipment and money.
im planning to use some loyalist stuff with chaos stuff (more chaos stuff though ill post complete fluff later)
Quote:
Quote:
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 02:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

some of the fluff stuff might not be that good but hey its the best i can come up with right now.

first part came from apocalyptic history and i thought that right after that would be the time space marines would be must unstable.

During the 36th millennium, the Imperium of Man was beset by a religious civil war. The insane tyrant Goge Vandire usurped control of the Imperial bureaucracy and plunged the Imperium into its bloodiest period since the Horus Heresy.

The Wars of Faith raged for seven decades and millions died during the religious paranoia and brutal repression that occurred on all sides. Soon, a rebellion formed around a charismatic orator known as Sebastian Thor. He swayed countless worlds, and eventually the Space Marines and Adepts of Mars joined him. Together, they sieged the Ecclesiarchal Palaces and ended Vandire's Reign of Blood.
But even as the holy wars came to an end the influence of chaos came to power as a group of black legion warriors emerged from hiding and assaulted Heptis Prime.
But they were deceived and Abbadon the despoiler unleashed his massive planet killer weapons on the planet reducing the surface to rubble.
Hidden deep within the planets surface stood a group of space marines and a group of black legion who had thrown aside their differences and sheltered in one of the planetary bunkers their were only minutes though until the planets core seized up and seismic events started to tear the planet apart. Out of desperation a powerful chaos sorcerer named (ENTER NAME OF SORCERER HERE) opened a portal to the warp and offered survival to the loyalist marines.
Force Commander Davis Thule was not so keen to accept offers from a heretic and refused the offer proclaiming he would rather die than be unfaithful to the emperor who protects.
The Black legion members knowing their salvation rushed through the portal but the sorcerer stayed behind determined to convert the loyalists.
Thule and ______ stared at each other for several minutes before the earth started shaking the sorcerer leaned on his staff and called to Davis a last time “come with us we offer you our salvation free from oppression from the emperor all we ask Is your faithfulness to chaos!”.
“In the name of the emperor who will protect us! We shall last!”
As he said this a seismic tremor ripped through the bunker and part of the wall collapsed destroying the better part of the space marine force.
The sorcerer beckoned calling “where is your emperor now? Come quickly with me I can only hold the portal so long!”
Davis with a sigh of regret looked up to the ceiling and called starting calmly, “Where were you when we were assaulted by the forces of chaos!? Where were you when the planet killers approached!? WHERE ARE YOU NOW AS MY FORCE IS DESTROYED!?”
Davis looked the sorcerer in his eyes and said “I understand your pain now I understand why you do what you do” he paused slightly before saying “and I understand why I must come with you and wage my own war with the imperium”.
With this he beckoned to his remaining troops and stepped into the portal.
Quote:
Quote:
It's true!
Old 29 Sep 2007, 02:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I honestly don't like it. It really just seems too contrived... maybe Abbadon gave them the option of joining the Legion because they fought so well while he was withdrawing his own troops?