Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Whispers of chaos
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones
Default Whispers of chaos

I am quite new to 40k and I havenet really done much with the hobby yet. I have bought a very small box set of tau warriors so i could just check things out and get taught how to play at my local store. But i never really settled on an army.

I was tempted with the tau because they were the ones who first jumped out at me. But all of a sudden this morning i was looking at the different races and all of a sudden I was tempted by the ways of chaos. I though they were Pretty cool. but the thing i hated about them was the "girts' they receive form there goods which are just horrid mutations and i hated them because they looked awful with two mouths or a tentacle. then i read about the thousand sons and how they performed spells on there units to prevent such mutations and i also liked there Egyptian like helmets. throughout today i have constantly be thinking back to chaos and the thousand sons.

so I was wandering oh great followers of chaos if you would be willing to share your all mighty wisdom with me. I have no idea about what i should know when collecting a chaos army or anything about the great powers. so I will be very greatfull of you.
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 09:37   #2 (permalink)
Anton

Default Re: Whispers of chaos

Heya,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones
I am quite new to 40k and I havenet really done much with the hobby yet. I have bought a very small box set of tau warriors so i could just check things out and get taught how to play at my local store. But i never really settled on an army.

I was tempted with the tau because they were the ones who first jumped out at me. But all of a sudden this morning i was looking at the different races and all of a sudden I was tempted by the ways of chaos. I though they were Pretty cool. but the thing i hated about them was the "girts' they receive form there goods which are just horrid mutations and i hated them because they looked awful with two mouths or a tentacle. then i read about the thousand sons and how they performed spells on there units to prevent such mutations and i also liked there Egyptian like helmets. throughout today i have constantly be thinking back to chaos and the thousand sons.

so I was wandering oh great followers of chaos if you would be willing to share your all mighty wisdom with me. I have no idea about what i should know when collecting a chaos army or anything about the great powers. so I will be very greatfull of you.
Not all of the Legions and Renegade Chapters are mutated, only those select few marines who decide to bind themselves with Daemons can become mutated. But if you do not like Daemons or Daemonic Mutations you would make a perfect candidate for a Chaos Undivided player. The following Chaos Legions are those that worship Chaos Undivided:

Black Legion.

Night Lords.

Iron Warriors.

Word Bearers.

Alpha Legion.

The above Links should give you a decent amount of knowledge on those specific Legions. But with the new Codex who says you've got to collect a Traitor Legion Force? Why not make your own Renegade Chapter!

As you asked about the Thousand Sons specifically, here is a Link to the Thousand Sons Web Page on the Games Workshop Website: Link.

If you are going to do a Thousand Sons army, you will first need the new edition of Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Secondly, you will need 1 HQ and 2 Troops minimum if you want to have a battle. The 1 HQ and 2 Troops are compulsory, and as you want to do a Thousand Sons Force you will need the following: For your 1 HQ slot you will need to take either a Sorcerer or a Terminator Sorcerer. For your 2 Troops you could take either a Chaos Space Marines squad, and or a Thousand Sons squad. Once you have those units you are free to add as many other units as you want, depending on what your preferences are.

For more information on the new edition of Codex: Chaos Space Marines, the Games Workshop Website has set-up a preview page here: Link.

Thanks.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 16:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Mutations are purely a conversion type thing you buy a box of normal CSM's and it comes with a mutation sprue so you can choose what you want your guys to look like. as for starting chaos wait a couple days and then pick up the new codex (coming out september 7 i think) or just flip through it and see what all the bonuses are of choosing 1 god over the other (khorne-Close combat Nurgle-Extra tough tzeentch-invulnerable save slaneesh-high initiative)
as a starting point look to maybe buy a battleforce or a megaforce and a chaos lord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2007, 13:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
but the thing i hated about them was the "girts' they receive form there goods which are just horrid mutations and i hated them because they looked awful with two mouths or a tentacle.
Awful...??? This...is...CHAOS!!!

Quote:
then i read about the thousand sons and how they performed spells on there units to prevent such mutations
Oh yeah, they unleashed the spell which turned all Thousand Sounds (apart from sorcerers) bodies into fine dust and their souls into tormented wraiths forever bound to their power armour. No body, no mutations, I guess
Max Smirnov is offline   Reply With Quote