Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your experiences with specialized Chaos Marines
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Your experiences with specialized Chaos Marines

Heya.

Well, once, my dad had 2 Khorne Berserkers left on the table, and managed to carve his way through 2 squads of Fire Warriors and half a squad of Kroot, winning him the game.

So, post your special experiences with Khorne Berzerkers/Noise Marines/Plague Marines/1kSons here.

My average Slaanesh squad could potentially cause 50 attacks on the charge, beefed up. > I have yet to try this, however.

-Lord of the Pit

Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Your experiences with specialized Chaos Marines

Everyone knows Ksons shoot incredibly hard now, but its pretty crazy to actually try it. I had a rhino dump & pump my 9 man Ksons unit and shot down a whole 8 man grey knight squad in one blast.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 18:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Haven't tried the new berzerkers or noise marines yet. The Plague Marines have been bloody awesome. Oh man do people hate it when I Feel No Pain away a plasma overheat. For some reason they're more bothered by that than their ability to shrug off a barrage of asscannon shots, but the point stands. They are some tough pusbags

I haven't been able to get a good test of the new ksons ability yet.

-The first game I used then they didn't see too much action and when they did my dice stunk (except when I blew up that dread in CC!)

-The second game I used them I was up against pure deathwing.

-The third game they mostly fought nids. The Inferno bolters were definitely better at blowing away the stealers and warriors, but a lot of the army consisted of gaunts
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Experiences from the old codex or the new codex are both fine.

Just making sure.

-Lord of the Pit
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 01:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have (and still will) play a Worldeaters army against every possible opponent. For some reason, as soon as everyone sees there's a guy who fields nothing but Berzerkers as troops (I'm die-hard Worldeaters: no sissy demons or anything) they feel they need to teach me the error of my ways, and more than usually fail at doing so. What you describe has been the same results for me, especially against the Tau, and especially if the Champion of the squad is one of the survivors who makes it to combat.
Sadly, the teeth of Champions have been pulled significantly since the new codex, but with a potential of 5 power weapon attacks on the charge with In 5, WS 5 and Str 5, it's still nothing to scoff at. That's 2+ death on Fire Warriors, but I can tell you the best tactic to use is cutting your losses. As soon as they hit the line of a squad, pull the other forces back to at least sweeping advance range. With any luck, you may score a wound with the squad unfortunate enough to be hit by them, but you'll at least have 1 turn of rapid fire to take the remainders down when they break combat. Since they are fearless, it's either they charge forward into your fire lines or die in combat, so it works either way.
I like to call this the Imperial Guard tactic, since I see it used mostly by these commanders who more than have the troops to spare to pull it off.
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Pit (Formerly Tesla03)
Experiences from the old codex or the new codex are both fine.

Just making sure.

-Lord of the Pit
I intend on giving my Thousand Sons a full test-battle on Sunday, at 1500 or more points. Probable enemies will be Eldar or Vanilla Marines. Should be interesting.

As for the old Sons, I fielded them for the last time last Sunday versus Marines (See the batrep in the Chaos Golgotha section). I'll miss the two wounds per marine, but I'm looking forward to a 4+ invulnerable...

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 17:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

6 khorne berzekers carved there way through my friends CC termies it was very nice to see the look on his face when i told him the chainaxe killed his 2+ save and moved it to 4+ (it's not illegal to say that is it?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 23:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Khornate chainaxes are gone via the new codex. Now they're just your average CC weapons.
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2007, 12:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I am playing a pure Emperor's Children army, and I guess I will stick to that, no matter how stupid it might seem in the new Codex (now it's so much better to make a multi-mark army now, with Berserkers + Plague Marines for assault, and Thousand Sons for support, Emperor's Children being somewhere in the middle). I have ever played against Imperial Guard only, so I can't say much, but I'm telling you: this Initiative bonus can really matter. Imagine Slaaneshi Termies fighting against, say, Khornite Termies... Their opponents just won't have the time to respond. And this is only a nice addition for the ultra-powerful (albeit expensive) sonic weaponry - not just blastmasters, but above all the usual sonic blasters in large numbers. This just blasts through any infantry.

PS I might sound overenthusiastic, but in truth I'm besieged by doubts whether I should keep a pure Slaaneshi army... Other Gods are tempting too.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 05:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield Fatts
Khornate chainaxes are gone via the new codex. Now they're just your average CC weapons.
yes i know but i will give them a good send off over the next couple of days (megabattles each day whoopee)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote