Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is it just me or is chaos getting the short end of apocalypse?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 02:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Is it just me or is chaos getting the short end of apocalypse?

After reading through several forums and visiting the apocalypse site and searching forgeworld i thought to myself wheres the chaos battle company (space marine wooden crate set) or the chaos version of the imperial tank fist division (10 leman russes) or even a version of a linebreaker squadron(3 vindicators).
but no all we get is a tide of spawn set and a CSM's with rhino boxed sets.
I know its not right to ask to much of GW seeing as we are getting a new codex (which some of us seem to have already) and new models but where are the giant Apocalypse sized Chaos sets? anyone else noticed this? ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 07:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default Re: Is it just me or is chaos getting the short end of apocalypse?

Yes i have noticed and i am @*"!# off!!!

no but really i am a bit ticked off, Although i do love the new Nurgle Baneblade, but still! what if people don't collect Nurgle!

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 11:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You do know we can use all imperial boxes and datasheets in apocalypse right? > I'd link the source, but it currently resides in one of the apocalypse datasheets that were leaked. Which is of course not allowed to be posted because of GW IP & copyright laws. Anyways in no way is chaos getting the short end because all you have to do is buy any marine box for X$ and a chaos sprew for 5$. Plus you can buy the baneblade and convert it for any legion or faction of chaos you want ;D.
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet,
That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile,
The Traitor of Xain
N19eteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

The short end? Please. Apocaplyse wasn't about new models, because if you look the've released very few. Yes, IG have more deals and newm odels than other races, but they're really the heart of Apoc - the team that's always the one with legions of tanks and Guardsmen in the fluff. Besides, it's about big battles with all your models, regardless of army. You Chaos can easily induct IG into your army as corrupted militia!
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Chaos have access to every Imperial Datasheet, plus a few of their own. They are definitely not getting the short end of the stick. If anything, they are getting more than everyone else in terms of rules. You just need to do a little conversion. The Chaos upgrade sprues are not that expensive to bits order, are they?
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by N19eteen
You do know we can use all imperial boxes and datasheets in apocalypse right? > I'd link the source, but it currently resides in one of the apocalypse datasheets that were leaked. Which is of course not allowed to be posted because of GW IP & copyright laws. Anyways in no way is chaos getting the short end because all you have to do is buy any marine box for X$ and a chaos sprew for 5$. Plus you can buy the baneblade and convert it for any legion or faction of chaos you want ;D.
Yes i was thinking of doing that buying the regular baneblade and converting it to chaos because the nurgle baneblade looks crappy to me (personal preference).
As for us using the imperial boxes and datasheets i havent heard about that but it sounds interesting.

As for the fact that i mainly started this post because i wanted a chaos Army come in a wooden crate ;D but that wont happen anytime soon so ill just stick with what ive got...
Quote:
Quote:
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 02:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well 1 get get a new codex and models 2 we can use our datasheets and Imperium datasheets. I don't think we got the short end at all.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 03:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

The nurgle baneblade is a conversion so any chaos baneblade will have to be converted. They also get the brass scorpion and all the imperial datasheets as others have said. They got it the best probably. The linebreaker squadron is said to come with the chaos bits as well so can't complain there. The reason they didn't get a massive army in a box deal is because they have a new codex and huge model release right before Apoc. Who would buy a battelforce or a few boxed sets when they can get a huge army for the price of 2 batteforce boxes?
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 01:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

hooray we dont get the short end of apocalypse ;D ;D ;D
Quote:
Quote:
It's true!