Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

First time Slaanesh and Chaos Space Marine Player
Old 28 Aug 2007, 01:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition
Default First time Slaanesh and Chaos Space Marine Player

The topic title is just a fancy way of saying I need serious help!

I plan on buying my units according to what I plan my army list to be. So, I thought I would post my ideas up here and get your guys feedback and then I could proxy play test it against a friend or two and then I can start buying what I need. So, here it goes:

Combat Patrol

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster

Total 400

1000 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince
Wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Troop

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Meltabombs(just had 5 points left over)

Heavy Support

Havoks (9)
Lascannon (4)
Mark of Slaanesh

Obliterator (1)

Total 1000

1500 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince
Wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Chaos Sorcerer
Terminator Armour
Twin-Linked Bolter
Force Weapon
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Troop

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Heavy Support

Havoks ( 8 )
Lascannon (4)
Mark of Slaanesh

Obliterator (3)

Total 1500

2000 Point

HQ

Daemon Prince
Wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Chaos Sorcerer
Terminator Armour
Twin-Linked Bolter
Force Weapon
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Elite

Chaos Terminators (10)
Twin-Linked Lightning Claws (2)
Heavy Flamer (1)
Icon of Slaanesh

Troop

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Noise Marine Squad (5)
Sonic Blasters (4)
Blast Master
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster
Power Weapon
Doom Siren

Heavy Support

Havoks ( 8 )
Lascannon (4)
Mark of Slaanesh

Obliterator (3)

Chaos Vindicator
Daemonic Possession
Pintle-Mounted Havoc Launcher

Total 2000 (yay i got all the lists at the exact point cost!)

Thanks for any advice!
Requisition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2007, 01:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: First time Slaanesh and Chaos Space Marine Player

For the most part, it looks pretty good. You might just want to get some more mobility in your force, as your winged DP might get cut-off and surrounded. I'd look at some Slaaneshi bikers, or even just a rhino or two to get your lads where they're needed...

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2007, 23:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition

I wasn't able to find a good way to fit in any bikers, but I did make some changes.

I added a havoc and then split them and dropped the icons and melta bombs. I now have 30 points left over. Any suggestions?

Also, I went ahead and got rid of the terminator amour and twin-linked bolter. I have 15 points left to spend here. Any ideas?

Now, with the points that I had from getting rid of the sorcerers terminator Armour I gave the terminators another heavy flamer since they are ten strong and another pair of lightning claws.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:06   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requisition

I added a havoc and then split them and dropped the icons and melta bombs. I now have 30 points left over. Any suggestions?

One more havoc in each squad for ablative wounds.

Quote:
Also, I went ahead and got rid of the terminator amour and twin-linked bolter. I have 15 points left to spend here. Any ideas?
  • Add a familiar and doombolt
  • Exchange Bolt Pistol with Plasma Pistol
  • Add another Havoc
ProjectMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2007, 19:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

With the lash do you think I will have a lot of times I would choose to use doombolt over it?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requisition
With the lash do you think I will have a lot of times I would choose to use doombolt over it?
Depends on your playing style. Doombolt is handy now at AP3, but the Lash can be a game winner, especially when used to move enemy units out of scoring positions...

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2007, 15:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd hypothesize that the lash prince won't be around at game's end to move enemy scoring units around. He's an MC so he can get lit up, and he's a weak fast scoring unit so there isn't any reason not to concentrate fire on him. Plus, that lash is vile, you'll get a lot of hate aggro on him.

Ok, I'll critique your 2k point list.

HQ:

Lash prince w/wings. I question whether or not he needs wings. Remember that with the lash your goal is to hang around and lash, not get in CC and get thumped by a power fist. What if he was on foot, and just sat back in cover and lashed? Lacking the wings he wouldn't be likely to recon/score, but remember he's not a hive tyrant, he doesn't have a 2+ save or 2 sets of twin linked devourers. I'd just stand him behind a 4+ cover save and then scoot him forward into it. Expect this guy's contribution to the game to be sucking up enough fire to kill a biker squad and dying. Remember he's t5 with a 3+ save.

Terminator sorcerer w/lash: Now this is more like it. Just make sure he doesn't join any unit unless the enemy is dropping pie plates that might snag him. This guy will lash all game long, doesn't cost much and will drive your foe into a frothing rage.

I'd strongly suggest dropping your DP and cloning your sorcerer. The Lash has a long enough range that you don't need the flight, and the DP isn't hot enough in combat to deny yourself the twin lashes.

Elite:

10 man terminators: I guess the gimmick is that you draw the enemy over with the lash and then have your I5 power weapon terminators charge them, manipulating the combat zone to guarantee the win?

I get it, but still, you've spent all those points on terminators, you might as well get the 2 reaper autocannons. If nothing else it'll help this unit avoid being an embarassment against a Mech list. Make no mistake, you are COMPLETELY relying on lashes to get these guys even a remote chance of getting their points back. If they are rocking RoW or the Psychic Hood these guys are just going to be wasted points, and a whole lot of wasted points at that.

Troops:

I'm digging the 5 man blaster squads. It seems like you intend them to join in the combats you've lashed to you, thus the pw and doom siren. Good troop choices in my book, although rhinos might help out here.

Heavy Support:

Your 8 man havoc squad has no need of the icon of Slaanesh. If a squad with 4 lascannons gets into H2H despite your 2 lashes the game must be lost already. Drop the icon, nobody cares about havocs initiative.

Vindicator w/posession: Good tank, works well with the lashes.

Triple obliterators: I'd drop one of these to afford the other suggestions I've made. I'm not sure they are worth their new points cost. Losing t5 hurts them a lot.

All in all, this list suffers from not enough bodies on the ground. You've got 39 bodies in a 2000 point list. Those terminators are not worth it, in any imaginable scenario.
Old 02 Sep 2007, 11:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I disagree with the last. Terminators are almost always worth their points, due to their Deep Strike value. For months, I have used eleven of them as my Chaos Lord retinue, and was dropping the entire squad in the middle of the battlefield to scare the beejezus out of my opponent (who knows perfectly well what they are able to).
Besides, they're so cheap now.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2007, 13:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarius Scorch
I disagree with the last. Terminators are almost always worth their points, due to their Deep Strike value. For months, I have used eleven of them as my Chaos Lord retinue, and was dropping the entire squad in the middle of the battlefield to scare the beejezus out of my opponent (who knows perfectly well what they are able to).
Besides, they're so cheap now.
You're forgetting that they're a shadow of their former glory. A salvo or two to thin their number, and the rest can be given a good krumpin' in CC. Besides, having reapers never hurts, to bump up a little their mediocre firepower-to-cost ratio.
Max Smirnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2007, 14:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Smirnov

You're forgetting that they're a shadow of their former glory. A salvo or two to thin their number, and the rest can be given a good krumpin' in CC. Besides, having reapers never hurts, to bump up a little their mediocre firepower-to-cost ratio.
I'm not forgetting anything. After all, their role is to draw enemy fire from the main advance, to disrupt enemy's plans, and generally cause havoc amongst his ranks. It's worth spending 300 or so points, IMO, even if they don't survive the initial fire (which I seriously doubt, unless it's that Stronghold Assault over again). Just you wait, you'll see
And I agree, haing Reapers never hurts (the shooters, that is). Nor combi weapons.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote