Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Its has begun...... The Pox Knight initiates
Old 23 Aug 2007, 05:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Its has begun...... The Pox Knight initiates

++++++++++++++++++++INQUISITOR DATA LOG IG4831 TITILE: POX KNIGHTS DATALOG 3v45+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Inquisitor Jonas Bane's observations: "After much observation of the Pox Knights and the way their..... 'organisation' works, I believe I have found the true canker within their vast armies. They are titled the initiates (most likely in a mockery of the holy Black Templars), they are 'recruits' from various chapters; either by force or from the taint of chaos. Their actions are unknown, their location is unknown. I have yet to discover what happens within their dark rituals of initiation or the duration between an initiate and member of the Pox Knight chapter."

Inquisitor Jonas Bane's observations (DATALOG 3v46):" I have uncovered some information on the overseer of the initiates. This abomination of chaos goes by the persona Shikkan. He is a sorcerer and has uncovered much of the chapter's renegade primarch Yhegtar's tomes of necromancy. In order to sever the Initiates from the Pox Knights, Shikkan is rarely seen with Letumus the Vile, the chapter's current master. Instead, Shikkan has learned much from Iriid (see DATALOG TG4800), a Tzeencthian demon that has united much of the eastern chaos warbands and chapters. He is a master of time and the process of decay.... and non-decay. He must purged and has deemed a beta class threat...

++++++++++++++++++++INQUISITOR DATA LOG IG4866 TITILE: PK ORGANISATION DATALOG 3v98+++++++++++++++++++++++

HQ

Greater Demon Iriid - 100pts

Sorcerer Shikkan of the Pox Knight Initiates w/ MoN, Warptime, and bike - 175pts

Troops

6 Nurgle Marked CSMs - 90
2 Nurgle Marked CSMs w/ ACs - 50
Total - 140pts

Total - 140pts

Fast

4 Nurgle Marked Bikers - 132
2 Nurgle Marked Bikers w/ Meltas - 86
Total - 218pts

Heavy

Vindicator - 125pts

Total = 998pts

PS: 17 models in 1000pts 0_o what is wrong with this world!?!?!?

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2007, 12:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Its has begun...... The Pox Knight initiates

Are you asking for comments?

Because, no offense, but I see this list getting regularly slaughtered.

T4(6) bikers sound cool, and I know a bunch of guys here were getting excited about them, but look at how much they cost! If you send them ahead of the rest of your army, they will die fast.

By the way, I don't get the same points cost for your biker unit. Maybe I have the wrong numbers, maybe you?

Also, what do you mean by this:

Total - 140pts

Does this mean 6 marines with 2 Autocannons and Icon of Nurgle? I mean, I get 6 Nurgle marked marines with no other upgrades coming to 140 points on its own. In fact, it would be cheaper to take 6 actual plague marines! I don't know what ACs is supposed to stand for? If Autocannons... well you can't even take ONE until you have a 10 man squad... ???
Chimerical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2007, 13:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

T6 bikers disgust me, and those of you who are exited about them! why the hell is it the moment some one finds something cheesy they have to use it?, It seriously devalues the fun of the game!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimerical
Are you asking for comments?

Because, no offense, but I see this list getting regularly slaughtered.

T4(6) bikers sound cool, and I know a bunch of guys here were getting excited about them, but look at how much they cost! If you send them ahead of the rest of your army, they will die fast.

By the way, I don't get the same points cost for your biker unit. Maybe I have the wrong numbers, maybe you?

Also, what do you mean by this:

Total - 140pts

Does this mean 6 marines with 2 Autocannons and Icon of Nurgle? I mean, I get 6 Nurgle marked marines with no other upgrades coming to 140 points on its own. In fact, it would be cheaper to take 6 actual plague marines! I don't know what ACs is supposed to stand for? If Autocannons... well you can't even take ONE until you have a 10 man squad... ???
Well thats what happens when you get a new codex :P ....... AC is autocannon and after a bit of dissection, you're right. I meant 5 CSMs, to keep it kosher not 6, so thats a typo on my end, so I guess heres my new troop layout (which im much more dissapointed with :-[)

5 CSMs - 75pts
2 CSMs w/ Plasmas - 60pt
MoN - 50pts
Total - 185pts

No champ, as these are shooty squads, but if points present themeselves, ill get a power weapon champ in there.

Quote:
T6 bikers disgust me, and those of you who are exited about them! why the hell is it the moment some one finds something cheesy they have to use it?, It seriously devalues the fun of the game!
Dont get too mad, they still a base T4 for insta-kill and cost an arm and a leg. However, I still need a fast attack. I think i'll swap out bikes for metlabomb/melta gun toting raptors and a raptor pack on the sorcerer. I'm sad about bikes, but after a wee bit of playtesting, I don't think I could use them effectivly for what they cost. Try to get 7 birdies (to please the higher powers) and maybe more, though i'll spend the extra points and beefing up the CSM squads. This is a friendly new codex CSM list. My next project is going to be 1500-2000 Plague marine list, so this is somthing to break the mold of all my other lists.

Old 24 Aug 2007, 00:04   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

I think the Melt Bomb/Melta Gun toting Raptors would be a better option simply because they add anti tank, which your list is somewhat lacking. (Autocannons are good, but you need something to take out higher armour targets and a vindicator could be effective if you got it close enough, but I think you should use it to pick on enemy squads.)

PS. Why is there so much infighting in the Pox Knights? Can't they all just get along? :P What is this, the third rebelion?
Old 24 Aug 2007, 03:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

I might have been too harsh Its just you know.....
Old 24 Aug 2007, 04:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Syphilis
5 CSMs - 75pts
2 CSMs w/ Plasmas - 60pt
MoN - 50pts
Total - 185pts
Look, I don't know why you're so adamant about taking regular marines with MoN. For one thing, they cannot take two special weapons with less than 10 men. Second, you CAN use two special weapons with less than 10 men if you just make them actual plague marines. And it will only cost you a total of 6 more points! Incidentally, that means you would be paying less than 1 point per model for feel no pain and blight grenades!

If you don't see the sense in that, then I see no point in talking about this any further. You don't have to change the fluff or anything. Just give them plague marine profiles for chrissakes!
Old 24 Aug 2007, 04:48   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, my plagues are actually not Plague Marines anymore. I just use the normal CSM and put them with the MoN. That way they can benefit from the long-range anti-tank weapons that the CSM have in addition to being loyal to nurgle at the same time. So one plasma gun and one lascannon in a 10 man squad with a hidden powerfist is just fine.

In the new codex, if you really use Death Guard Death Guard, you will really lack in anti-tank bad.

In addition, crop the Greater Daemon and use the points to bolster your lines. Vindicator....well, you can use it but it is always better to have a predator.

That is my suggestion about your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 05:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by E7 (Aun)
PS. Why is there so much infighting in the Pox Knights? Can't they all just get along? :P What is this, the third rebelion?
Naw naw naw, these are a sect within the Pox Knights, in a nutshell they are the pledges for the Pox Knight frat (and they have to go to initiating.... and razing >).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimerical

Quote:
5 CSMs - 75pts
2 CSMs w/ Plasmas - 60pt
MoN - 50pts
Total - 185pts
Look, I don't know why you're so adamant about taking regular marines with MoN. For one thing, they cannot take two special weapons with less than 10 men. Second, you CAN use two special weapons with less than 10 men if you just make them actual plague marines. And it will only cost you a total of 6 more points! Incidentally, that means you would be paying less than 1 point per model for feel no pain and blight grenades!

If you don't see the sense in that, then I see no point in talking about this any further. You don't have to change the fluff or anything. Just give them plague marine profiles for chrissakes!
I may do that, but theres somthing so booriing abot another 7 man PM squad with meltas/plasmas, but what your saying makes sense, I guess ill do that -_- ......

Old 24 Aug 2007, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
I just use the normal CSM and put them with the MoN. That way they can benefit from the long-range anti-tank weapons that the CSM have in addition to being loyal to nurgle at the same time. So one plasma gun and one lascannon in a 10 man squad with a hidden powerfist is just fine.

In the new codex, if you really use Death Guard Death Guard, you will really lack in anti-tank bad.
I think that is a fine strategy... but only if you use 10 man squads... which would be difficult for Syphillis given that he needs to fit in two troops choices along with two HQs, a fast attack choice and a vindicator. (I'm assuming he is keen on keeping those things).

Nor does using plague marines for your troops make you necessarily lack anti-tank, since you can deliver meltas with fast attack or simply use a bunch of havocs. I really see no major problem with not having lascannons in your troops as standard.

Quote:
I may do that, but theres somthing so booriing abot another 7 man PM squad with meltas/plasmas, but what your saying makes sense, I guess ill do that -_- ......
WHAT!? Aren't you the self-appointed nurgle representative of the Chaos boards? Such blasphemy. Honestly I don't see how 7 plague marines with 2 plasmas are more boring than 7 CSMs with MoN and 2 plasmas. But, whatever rocks your boat, man.