Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mixing Old LATD and New Chaos
Old 18 Aug 2007, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Mixing Old LATD and New Chaos

Well, ive been playing LATD for a while now, and JUST when i think ive got the hang of it the new chaos codex comes out. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the new additions and whatnot but it poses a problem.

How am i going to mix old LATD rules with the new Chaos Space Marines codex?

For example: The aspiring champs that lead the mutant squads in the LATD codex. Do they take equipment from the armoury? or are they limited to the new aspiring champs equipment (powerfist, power weapon, Plasma pistol blah blah blah crap)

What about demons? In LATD i can take demon packs and demonic beasts. Do i use the REAL demon stats or do i have to reduce everything to those crappy generic demons?

what do i do if i take an allied chaos lord? or a greater demon? Old stats, or new?

Is GW actually going to make a chapter approved article for us? thats the rumor but i havent heard anything on it. has anyone made house rules for this sorta thing?
mountaincycle661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 14:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Mixing Old LATD and New Chaos

I'm sorry to inform you but, as of the new codex LATD are no longer a legal army list. I suggest you use your models as a Bloodpact force, following the IG codex. Or, you can wait until apocalypse where they will have a legal datasheet.
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet,
That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile,
The Traitor of Xain
N19eteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 14:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

though there may be a Chapter approved list somewhere.

GW is a buisness and they know a thing or two about keeping customers happy, so I wouldn't be suprised if we see a WD list like the blood angels.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 14:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Mountaincycle661,

While our LatD are no longer going to be legal in tournaments, I have had a strange number of folks come up to me and tell me that they are willing to let me use them in friendly games. Many people see LatD the same way we do: The bulk of Chaos forces, with the legions being a smaller, elite contingent. I have had several of my regular opponents express disdain at the idea that I would no longer be bringing my LatD to the field.
If you do continue to use them I would recomend using RAW. You are given access to the armory? That would be the new armory if any. Spawn would need to be purchased at the new cost and rules, but should still be allowed an HS choices organic to the LatD list.(But using the new unit entry in the Chaos Space Marines Codex) Traitors, Big Mutants, and Mutants are no problem; and neither are stock units like possessed. Continue to tread marked marines (squads with icons) as Elites Ally Choices, and Daemon packs as Elite Choices. (Though perhaps we can still count them as being "outside the FOC")

In the end: Have fun with it, and look forward to apocolypse,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 21:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ReApEr

I'm going to... I think its amazing how GW is aloud to do things like that... Ive spent about 50 on the guard and green stuff to convert my mutants and then GW gets rid of them.... If anyone has a problem with me using it then their not worthe playing against.

ReApEr
Old 20 Aug 2007, 01:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by N19eteen
I'm sorry to inform you but, as of the new codex LATD are no longer a legal army list. I suggest you use your models as a Bloodpact force, following the IG codex.
Sorry, but what is Bloodpact? Are they Chaos Renegades, or is it something entirely different?
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Blood Pact are a well-drilled force of renegades. They are basically chaos' answer to the Imperial Guard. So what nineteen was suggesting was to use them as a doctrined guard force, but just consider them chaos
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 03:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
The Blood Pact are a well-drilled force of renegades. They are basically chaos' answer to the Imperial Guard. So what nineteen was suggesting was to use them as a doctrined guard force, but just consider them chaos
So they can use doctrines? That's sweet!
Well, I think my Escher-based army will not perish after all.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 11:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarius Scorch
Quote:
So they can use doctrines? That's sweet!
Well, I think my Escher-based army will not perish after all.
Granted... you'd lose your access to the daemons and stuff, but mutants could still be taken if you dig up that Chapter Approved about non-standard/non-pure human guard units...

Or you could just say the mutants/cultists are from a Feral world, and give them, as mentionned above, the appropriate Doctrines.

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote