Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rules for Cypher
Old 10 Aug 2007, 01:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS
Default Rules for Cypher

I was scrounging around through my mounds of disused and ruined models yesterday when I stumbled upon my favourite Chaos Special Character, Cypher the Fallen Angel. My gosh I had completely forgotten about him! Why did I forget about my small gunslinging friend you may ask? Well hes not in the current Codex is he! I looked through a few chapter approved compilations I have but alas! He was nowhere to be found. I have the old Codex that still has him in it but surely I can't use those rules anymore.

Does anybody have rules for Cypher or know where I can get them?

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2007, 03:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Rules for Cypher

Well, that, and not to mention the rules are non-existent in 4th edition. It was a pretty deep cut for me, because I had modeled a Fallen Angel squad to use against my main adversary who was Dark Angels. Then the new codexes arrived and all that fun fluff and the neat twists on the rules went out the window.
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2007, 03:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield Fatts
Well, that, and not to mention the rules are non-existent in 4th edition. It was a pretty deep cut for me, because I had modeled a Fallen Angel squad to use against my main adversary who was Dark Angels. Then the new codexes arrived and all that fun fluff and the neat twists on the rules went out the window.
Is it ok to post stats if they're not in the new edition?
As a matter of fact, it's not. Are those house rules or real ones, Springfield?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2007, 04:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

They are VERY similar to the real rules...

And Cypher is not legal in 4th ed but if you ask nicly im sure someone would let you use him for kicks in friendlies
Old 11 Aug 2007, 06:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Unfortunately posting profiles is against GW's IP rules, even for editions that they no longer support. :-\ On the bright side, it should be pretty easy to find a copy of the rules from some Chaos player who isn't using their 3rd Edition codex any more.

For my part, I hope that Cypher gets a datasheet in Apocalypse. It was never certain who exactly he is working for (or what he is trying to do), so he really deserves a reference independent of the Chaos codex. I had also heard that they had a new sculpt for him, but nothing seems to have come of it.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2007, 07:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS

Good thing I have the 3rd Ed Codex lying around somewhere. Sorry if I caused any trouble, I just thought his rules would have changed since losing his Phase Knife and participating in a campaign. My Chaos army isn't up and running yet and there is still a lingering thread of hope of Cypher being mentioned in the next codex.

If he does get a new sculpt I'll sure as hell be buying it!

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2007, 09:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Although i have the original model i made one with the proper armor. The armor without heraldry or iconography. Simply use the dark angels veterans sprue.

Also... stabbing a C'tan with his phase sword is the only stupid thing Cypher did.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 20:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Abaddon the despoiler

by the way it is in white dwarf and you are you allowed to post it on the web site
Abaddon the despoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2007, 22:56   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

No. You are not allowed to post any material that GW has under copyright. They sell White Dwarf. Even if they posted it on their web site, the most other sites are allowed to do is provide a link. I am sorry but those are the rules they give us. :-\
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2007, 03:45   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I've always loved Cypher as a charecter to play with. It bumbs me out that they decided to scrap him in place of Huron Blackheart. Have you looked up his name in wikipedia. It's pretty cool. I also noticed that the release dates of the WD281 and the Eye of terror corespond well with eachother. It was almost as if they had bigger planns for him but then just dropped it like so many others.
Anti-Chaos players have it wrong. It's not the options that make the game balanced. The options define the different armies. It's the points they pay for the different options that make a balanced game.
RUSSADER is offline   Reply With Quote