Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

help me beat tao with chaos...
Old 04 Aug 2007, 22:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default help me beat tao with chaos...

Heya im facing my friends tao army again tommorow and i need some help beating it (I get slaughtered every time i fight him :'( )
As far as i know hell be using,

Shas'o as his hq

3 crisis suits

broadside battlesuit

3 squads of firewarriors

a stealth suit team

and vespid stingwings.

Yes he wont be using kroot, why? as far as i can tell is in his words exactly "because there ugly".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2007, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3
Default Re: help me beat tao with chaos...

it might help to put in what you use, and your normal tactic so we can see whats actually happening
chrissi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2007, 01:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

my army consists of yes this is everything i have of CSM (play tau more).
1 chaos sorcerer

3 attack bikes

2 squads of CSM
(1 of them set up as a tank hunting squad with meltagun and rocket launcer)

1 rhino

1 squad of khorne berserkers

3 obliterators

1 squad of chaos raptors(i love these guys)

and finnaly a squad of good old trusty handy dandy chaos havocs.

we are playing in a city made of our combined terrain last time he beat me because he got his guys on top of a tower and could shoot all of my guys.
the only things i managed to take out were, His stealth suits, 2 crisis suits, 4 fire warriors and 2 drones and 1 vespid he however managed to kill all my units exept for 4 havocs, 1 bike, 1 obliterator, and my sorcerer.
at this point it was to late to continue playing(it was 12:45).
Quote:
Quote:
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
Old 05 Aug 2007, 03:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

for starters the broadsides sound like a thorn, maybe try using the tankhunters on them early in the game. Chaose undivided, no particular faction? Night lords, Word bearers etc?

Also remember, tau right at range, mix it up with him wherever possible. tau have virtually no CC so its easy to take em down when your close. Rhino normally provides good cover for CC units when getting into enemy vicinity
chrissi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2007, 04:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

thanks for the help so far and by the way i use,
undivided on my bikes and squads tzeentch (dono if i spelt it right and to lazy to get codex) in my sorcerer i also gave him that one demonic upgrade for the 5+ invicibility save (resilence i think again to lazy to check codex).

this next part is a quick summarry of how the battle went.

I made a mistake last game when i sent my tank hunters after his 'fish full of fire warriors i cornered it(almost blew it up) but then he unloaded the fire warriors and swooped in with his vespids and tore me to pieces in the cross fire.
meanwhile my raptors went after 1 of his squads of fire warriors and this is where i managed to kill4 of his fire warriors and 2 of his drones(i had really bad rolls and he managed to even kill one of my raptors in CC) he then broke away and again shot me to death.
While all this was happening my obliterators had a showdown with his crisis suits along the main road......wait is this sounding to much like a battle report to you?
well anyway back to the obliterators facing off.
he managed to kill 2 of them by bringing in his broadside and commander in so it was 5 on 3...but i managed to take revenge on him by killing a couple of his crisis suits.
his stealth team had horrible luck facing my bikes and i slaughtered 2 of them while my havocs took out the third.
his vespids came back from killing my tank hunting squad and managed to kill one of my havocs while i exacted revenge by killing a vespid.
while all this was happening he got a fire team on top of a building and slaughtered my other squad of CSM who had been chasing the vespids around (danm i hate those vespids > )
and that pretty much sums up the slaughter (no wait i forgot his shas'o killed 2 of my bikes with missles :'( )
oh wait and i forgot my berserkers who got killed early on by his broadside (went insane and ran straight down the main road towards it not pretty)

and thats were we ended at his vespids fighting my havocs my bike in the middle of nowhere and my sorcerer trying to fight a broadside...
and my obliterator standing up to a crisis suit. with my heavy casualties we decided that we won.

hope that didnt turn out as much of a battle report as i think it looks.
Quote:
Quote:
It's true!
Old 05 Aug 2007, 04:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Give one of the bikers a sword or powerfist and make him a torpedo lord, eg.
1 Chaos Lord, Bike, Darkblade, Daemon Armour, Daemon essence, Daemonic mutation, Daemon Aura.
Turbo boost this guy in the first turn and he gets a 2+ invulnerable save against shooting, next turn rip those crisis suits to pieces!!
Old 05 Aug 2007, 08:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd Sirican Redbacks
Give one of the bikers a sword or powerfist and make him a torpedo lord, eg.
1 Chaos Lord, Bike, Darkblade, Daemon Armour, Daemon essence, Daemonic mutation, Daemon Aura.
Turbo boost this guy in the first turn and he gets a 2+ invulnerable save against shooting, next turn rip those crisis suits to pieces!!
Dude you stole what I was going to say >

Id go with a lord w/ MoK, Bike, D Aura, D Resilience, Darkblade (or a power weapon if you are stingy), and D strength

That is some good anti suit to me. Essence and mutation wouldn't hurt but aren't vital. If you have the points go for it. D armor isn't really necessary for a T6 model with a 3+ inv save, but hey whatever floats your boat.

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ok guys thanks for the help with this i tied my friend playing the same map we were 52 points away from each other at the end the final score was,

Me: 562
him:510

he complemented me on my use of the lord (i had to run out and buy him 40 minutes before the game and played with him not painted).

ty all for your help.
Quote:
Quote:
It's true!
Old 06 Aug 2007, 02:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Another idea you might want to look at for now (At least until the new Codex comes out) is to pick one Chaos god, and have all your units bear the same mark, such as Nurgle or Khorne (Depending on your playing preferences). It might mean you lose the Obliterators (Unless you decide to go Iron Warriors, while they're still around...), but you might like the "all one mark" army better. For example, keep the Khorne lord on a bike, and add more bezerkers and biker-bezerkers...

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote