Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Chosen...... the best since sliced bread?
Old 01 Aug 2007, 02:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default New Chosen...... the best since sliced bread?

Well with all the leaked codexes, i've begun to make some lists up. Now I am captivated by the new Chosen. These puppies are great and have amazing combat potential. They can be tooled up the yin-yang (very similar to the vets from the new DA codex) and most importantly they are our infiltrators. New chosen also have one more ability that really makes them stand out: the ability to take 5 specials, this really sets them apart in terms of usefulness. Here are a couple tactics I see them useful for right off the bat:

kamakazee- 5 Plasmas and infiltrate. Infiltrate in some deep terrain and unleash hell, or infiltrate and go termie/character hunting.

Tank busters- 5 Meltas and infiltrate. Pretty self-explanitory, sneak up on those pesky tanks and work your magic.

CC wreaking ball- Pwr fist + Pwr Sword and infiltrate. They are CC monsters, maybe slap some MoK on those guys and you'll be good to go.

All around- 1 Melta + 2 plas Pistols + 2 pwr fists. Perfect for everything, infiltrate them a decent distance and let them footslogg to a target. MoN would be perfect for that extra bolter protection.

So what are your opinions on these new Chosen, are they the godsend that will crush the imperium or are they a ho-hum overpriced waste of an elite slot....?

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 21:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: New Chosen...... the best since sliced bread?

I'm waiting to see if I can still make them all Sorcerors or not- the rumors point to "yes", but who knows? I DO like the idea of using Infiltrate to get closer to the enemy- I just hope GW has kept SOME of the same Psychic powers- There's nothing like Five chosen sorcerors, each with a thrall, and each packing a Doombolt, popping out of a rhino and unleashing the equivalent of 10 heavy bolter shots... >

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 21:05   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Syphilis
kamakazee- 5 Plasmas and infiltrate. Infiltrate in some deep terrain and unleash hell, or infiltrate and go termie/character hunting.
I really love this idea. Add that with another plasma pistol o the aspiring champion, and watch your opponents burn (provided that your chosens don't. :P )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2007, 06:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, but aren't plasma guns and powerfists going up in cost for squads? Sure, it'd be a nasty unit, but the cost would be ridiculous.

I'm simply happy that we'll be able to take 2 special weapons with less than 10 members in the squad.
Chimerical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2007, 12:06   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimerical
Yes, but aren't plasma guns and powerfists going up in cost for squads? Sure, it'd be a nasty unit, but the cost would be ridiculous.

I'm simply happy that we'll be able to take 2 special weapons with less than 10 members in the squad.
Well, yeah, they are expensive, but Plague boy here did not state to buy the powerfist for the kamikazes. So they are similiar to havocs in that sense (3rd ed havocs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2007, 14:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They'll be a bit more, but for infiltrating 'havocs' I think it'll be more than worth it.

Quote:
I'm waiting to see if I can still make them all Sorcerors or not- the rumors point to "yes", but who knows? I DO like the idea of using Infiltrate to get closer to the enemy- I just hope GW has kept SOME of the same Psychic powers- There's nothing like Five chosen sorcerors, each with a thrall, and each packing a Doombolt, popping out of a rhino and unleashing the equivalent of 10 heavy bolter shots...
A man can dream deneris, I got a feeling that we'll see alot of this in T son armies, its very scary looking :P.

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2007, 07:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss

Are you serious? Chosen might be having have 5 specials? If that's true, it's just sick.
Yes, 5 Plasma's is definately the way to go :-X
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 15:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Are you serious? Chosen might be having have 5 specials? If that's true, it's just sick.
Yes, 5 Plasma's is definately the way to go :-X
Imperial Guard hae Last Chancers. Nothing beats this...
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 22:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have seen similar rumors and am looking to move my Alpha Legion army in this direction (with...Noise Marine troops!).

Anything more than 2 specials in a unit is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned. 3, 4, or 5...I don't care, as these guys can set up a particularly nasty firebase. For the sake of keeping costs down I'll probably go with the new Undivided mark (Glory? Ascendant?...semantics...), and this will fit very well into the theme I already have for my Alpha Legion.

Let's not forget summoning potential here too. Setting up as an infiltrating firebase is good- but many of us already use infiltrating Icons to get those deamons in quick and dirty- and the new generic deamons are probably good enough to hold up an enemy assault long enough to throw something really mean in there if needed.

Back up this style of shootin' deamon counter with the solid firepower of cult troops, and I think my Hydras will be as mean as ever!

- Yriel