Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Planned Death Guard Army List
Old 22 Jul 2007, 05:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Planned Death Guard Army List

I think I've come up with the basic list I want. Of course some things may change once I actually get the codex and know what my exact options are but judging by the rumors and looking at the current codex I think it will be pretty close to this set up. For things like wargear and such I'm leaving most of that out until I know my exact options but some things are included.

HQ
Terminator Lord:
- Daemon Weapon
- Mark of nurgle
- combi melta
- Retinue of 6 Chosen Terminators w/ reaper autocannon (powerfists, power weapons etc. will be decided upon later)

Daemon Prince (not sure about what options are available so I'll wait until I know more)

Elites

14 Chosen in Terminator Armor w/ 2 reaper autocannons (again, exact choices decided later)

Dreadnought
- TL Lascannon
- Missile Launcher

Dreadnought
- Plasma Cannon
- Dreadnought CCW

I plan on getting magnets for the Dreadnought arms so I can switch out the weapons to change configurations. I'll be getting the Dredanoughts from FW so I may actually order a few extra arms to increase their flexibility but that depends on how much money I'll have. ;D

Troops

Plague Marine squad x7
- Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist, plasma pistol
- Plasmagun x2

Plague Marine Squad x7
- Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist, plasma pistol
- Plasmagun x2

Plague Marine Squad x7
- Aspiring Champion w/ power weapon
- Meltagun x2

Plague Marine Squad x7
- Meltagun x2 w/ power weapon

Fast Attack

- 2 Spawn

Heavy Support

- 2 Obliterators

This part is still up in the air: Either 2 predators with Autocannon turrets and Hvy bolters sponsons or 2 vindicators. I'm leaning towards the vindicators because I can get 3 from the Apocalypse Linebreaker Squadron release and use one for my space marine army as well.

- Land Raider

Daemons

- 7 Plague bearers

- Great Unclean One

And there you have it. That is what I initially plan to build for my Death Guard army. I will eventually add more after I build and paint this list but this is my initial goal for my first foray with The Ruinous Powers. I'd really appreciate any advice you veteran Chaos players have. I've gotten alot of help from Crisis Vyper and Lord Syphilis, so thanks again to you guys for the help so far.

Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2007, 05:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Planned Death Guard Army List

99 Skulls,

The only issues that I can see is that the new Termies will max out at 10/squad, (This has been published on Warseer and is also in our rumors board as you know... ) and that the Melta-DG squads are slow enough that they might never reach the enemy. Please consider dropping the number of termis in half and using some of the points to mechanize your DG. Further the combo of a DP and a Lord may not be possible in the new 'Dex, and is isn't in the current 'Dex ata all.

Just a few stray thoughts...
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2007, 06:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, Well then I suppose it will have to be 14 termies instead of 21. ;D Might have been a bit overkill but I wanted it to be terminator heavy.Oh, I'm getting a land raider, most likely. I forgot to add that in. I might add rhinos too but those will be added later if I get them. I may switch out the special weapons but maybe I'll have some meltas for any PM squads with transports.

As for the Daemon prince and Lord, I'm buying both to give me options, I wasn't 100% sure how that would work in the new book. I definitely want the DP mainly just to convert it, so I'll probably use the lord as my HQ most of the time.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 07:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

I have found in most 2500pt games Landraiders work really well as a pair, or more if you think its viable, people see two Landraiders and then think they have to split thier AT fire at two annoying tanks that smash thier own armour.
I have actually faced off against 2 Normal Landraiders and 3 Crusaders in a 4500pt Game (Templars), Killing the behemoths was at great cost, But truly try 2 Landraiders its more efficient than one bullet magnet.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 11:26   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, I guess some elements would work, but some are just way too expensive or are just impractical in the new codex.

The meltagunner squad will never reach the enemy unless you mechanized it. Their guns need to be in ver close range for it to work. We used to have infiltration to handle the problem, but now with the vet skills gone, you have to mech them for them to work decently. For the Landraider I would say that it is a huge point sink for what it does. I suggest that you drop them for a predator or two (yes you can potentially get two preds with the point cost of a Land raider) or a squad of havocs (depending on the new codex , the effective weapon coniguration would be different.)

For the spawn, I am not exactly sure about them. Maybe you can change them for Raptors, bikes or nothing at all. Use the point cost of the Spawn to put in more troops or soemthing.As for the lord, I say that the combi-melta is not exactly the nest weapon for him. But we have to see what the new codex have install for us for special shooting weapons that the lord may be able to use. The flluffy mutiples of 7 is fluffy but expensive, but I like it .

That is my opinion anyway for the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Well, I guess some elements would work, but some are just way too expensive or are just impractical in the new codex.

The meltagunner squad will never reach the enemy unless you mechanized it. Their guns need to be in ver close range for it to work. We used to have infiltration to handle the problem, but now with the vet skills gone, you have to mech them for them to work decently. For the Landraider I would say that it is a huge point sink for what it does. I suggest that you drop them for a predator or two (yes you can potentially get two preds with the point cost of a Land raider) or a squad of havocs (depending on the new codex , the effective weapon coniguration would be different.)

For the spawn, I am not exactly sure about them. Maybe you can change them for Raptors, bikes or nothing at all. Use the point cost of the Spawn to put in more troops or soemthing.As for the lord, I say that the combi-melta is not exactly the nest weapon for him. But we have to see what the new codex have install for us for special shooting weapons that the lord may be able to use. The flluffy mutiples of 7 is fluffy but expensive, but I like it .

That is my opinion anyway for the list
Yeah, I've always been skeptical of the Land Raider. In my SM army I have 2 predators and it is about the same cost as fielding one landraider. That's kind of why I wanted the land raider though, that and to up the points so I can use this army for apocalypse. If I get a landraider, I'm just getting one. If it draws all the fire, so be it. My predators will have free reign then. No spawn, you say? I thought they would add some needed assault capabilities, plus I really like the models. Thanks again, I'll consider changing some of these things for some rhinos for better mobility.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 17:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, its good list, i'd say use the excess 4 termie points to invest in some Rhinos to give those squads some mobility. Also, thats alot of plasmas, maybe do 50/50 melta and plasma, the meltas dudes should get dibs on the rhinos. Now for that LR, start your ten man termie squad in that beast and slam it into your enemies's front line, dismark and then use that LR for some buttkicking (ala Plaguespear). Now this is a gamble so you may want to swap out somthing to get a predator in there on the off chance that the LR kicks it.

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2007, 01:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

This isn't a chatroom. Type out your words and form sentences. Otherwise noone can understand the jibberish you are currently posting.

[glow=purple,2,300]EDIT: Very True! I have not only deleted this post, but have removed several of our new friend's posts from around our beloved board. I shall PM him to clear up any misconceptions about my conceptions of SPAM... > - Ged[/glow]